ellitor

2018 4* DB Quindarious "Smoke" Monday (AU 7/11/17)

377 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

why are we so close to getting kids to commit a lot of times but they never pop for us? seems that has happened more often than other years the last 2 years.

You know why my friend. Current regime's security is being pounded hard on the recruiting trail by our foes. We gotta win big this year to quell that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Come Monday!  It'll be alright. 

Come Monday!  We'll be holding you tight!

........we just want you here by our side. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Come Monday!  It'll be alright. 

Come Monday!  We'll be holding you tight!

........we just want you here by our side. 

He spent four loveley days in a Clemson orange haze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Come Monday!  It'll be alright. 

Come Monday!  We'll be holding you tight!

........we just want you here by our side. 

 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

He spent four loveley days in a Clemson orange haze.

Excellent work, gentlemen. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he had 4 lonely days in brown LA (lower alabama) haze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

You know why my friend. Current regime's security is being pounded hard on the recruiting trail by our foes. We gotta win big this year to quell that.

This. We should finish top 10 for sure and maybe even top 5 if we play on the field like I expect we will this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This. We should finish top 10 for sure and maybe even top 5 if we play on the field like I expect we will this year. 

I like your optimism but as good as we look like at the skill positions I am still worried about the O-Line, lack of depth at Safety, and still not sure if we can get a pass rush with our front 4.   I hope you are right but those are three big Question marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I like your optimism but as good as we look like at the skill positions I am still worried about the O-Line, lack of depth at Safety, and still not sure if we can get a pass rush with our front 4.   I hope you are right but those are three big Question marks.

I am not worried about the oline at all unless someone like smith or AG go down with injury. Jeff Holland can generate a pass rush. So can Big Cat and PJ. TD will be used in pass rush situations also. Derrick Brown will be a beast this year and will take up 2 blockers alot of the time. Safety with Trigga, Roberts, Thomas, and Ruffin is a solid rotation.  I think we are fine as long as we can get one of the freshman to step up and play some this year. Dinson is also being looked at to play nickel and safety. Daniel Thomas is going to surprise some folks if he has not already the way he came on at end of season with the picks against bama. The depth at safety is one you mentioned that I and worried about but we have a plan for oline and I think our pass rush and front four on defense will be fine.  Cowart is finally making strides toward seeing good amounts of pt which could really help us generate a pass rush from the DT spot. Make no mistake Jeff Holland can get to the qb. Also with our corners as good as they are we can leave them on an island alot of the time and rush a lb. Or bring a safety down into the box against run heavy teams. My main general concern is an injury to one of our top guys like KP or JS, but this is a concern on almost all teams.

Speaking of our DE I believe PJ will be a huge surprise to alot of people this year on how good he can amd should be.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please keep the thread on Monday or the position/s related to his recruitment, S/DB. This is not a knock on any 1 poster. Just that all encompassing post like AUTexas's tend to invite a massive derailing.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Please keep the thread on Monday or the position/s related to his recruitment, S/DB. This is not a knock on any 1 poster. Just that all encompassing post like AUTexas's tend to invite a massive derailing.

Can we also put a limit on the amount of acronym usage per post? :dead: Kidding (kind of)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Can we also put a limit on the amount of acronym usage per post? :dead: Kidding (kind of)

I say 6 is enough

P.M. / A.M.

AD / BC

ASAP

ETA

P.S.

I.e. / E.g.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Can we also put a limit on the amount of acronym usage per post? :dead: Kidding (kind of)

I don't see the problem. 90% of them are easy to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I say 6 is enough

P.M. / A.M.

AD / BC

ASAP

ETA

P.S.

I.e. / E.g.

UR A DA

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't see the problem. 90% of them are easy to understand.

'Cause we don't use sarcasm with acronyms

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I say 6 is enough

P.M. / A.M.

AD / BC

ASAP

ETA

P.S.

I.e. / E.g.

 

So PBR didn't make the list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gctiger said:

So PBR didn't make the list?

Goes w/o saying:poke:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

'Cause we don't use sarcasm with acronyms

Ass

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anything new with smoke? Last I remember he could not make it to big cat because of his 7 on 7 team having a game the same day then there was a rush of clemson momentum (dream school apparently and they offered) and have not heard anything else since. Would hate to lose this guy since it seemed we had a huge lead for him just a few weeks ago. He Was def all Auburn recently. But it would be the theme of this years class though...... Jump out to a big lead only for them to commit somewhere else.

Edited by GwillMac6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

So anything new with smoke?

Heavy Clemson lean per Keith's free 192 AU offer article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

Heavy Clemson lean per Keith's free 192 AU offer article.

.......................................................................... raining_david_tennant.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So anything new with smoke? Last I remember he could not make it to big cat because of his 7 on 7 team having a game the same day then there was a rush of clemson momentum (dream school apparently and they offered) and have not heard anything else since. Would hate to lose this guy since it seemed we had a huge lead for him just a few weeks ago. He Was def all Auburn recently. But it would be the theme of this years class though...... Jump out to a big lead only for them to commit somewhere else.

You know what they say - when there's smoke there's fire, and Clemson is a burning heap of recruits these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why could we not get our 'bump' in recruiting in 2011 and 2014?  For the life of me....whatever that means.

Edited by Beaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Why could we not get our 'bump' in recruiting in 2011 and 2014?  For the life of me....whatever that means.

Because for the most part the natty game next year class bump is a myth. The real bump, if the team stays consistent, comes 4 classes after the natty or natty game appearance. 2014 would have been our bump class but the 2012 season & coach turnover nullified that. Even still we have had 5 or 6 top 10 classes in a row under Malzahn which is the best run for AU in the recruiting site era.

Edited by ellitor
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like E mentioned we have been very good/consistent in regards to recruiting with Gus. I believe we win the SEC and this could catapult us into an elite level. Atm we have a very good shot at getting 2 top 25 players and a dark horse for a 3rd. Now we need players at positions of news like safety though. It is encouraging Monday is still communicating with us but we are a long shot atm. Safety OT and dline are needs for this class. It is not a very deep class at DT and alot of the top DE around South have already committed elsewhere. Losing Jackson hurt us with our DT depth which was looking good before he left.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now