2018 4* S Smoke Monday (AU 7/11/17)

ellitor

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Call me Debbie Downer, but if he was going to commit to Clemson and changes his mind over Weekend, shouldn't we be worried for a flip? 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Always worry about a flip, particularly when the commitment is done while on a visit. "Buyer's remorse" may set in but it's better to have him committed than not.

Put me in the cautiously (nervously?) optimistic camp, but the comments about Kristi are a big positive in my mind. Just putting myself in his shoes, that relationship would make it a lot harder for me to bail. 

No matter what, as Mikey says, this is only positive. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Logged on this AM and got goose bumps when I saw he committed.

d822b456-1007-4bc3-b197-b5491682cf17_tex

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Are you happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

200w.gif

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

True but that's to much beer wasting for Golf so I didn't use it as a gif for him.

yep don't waste good beer

WOW,I had wrote him off to clempson.What great surprise.:wareagle::wareagle::beer2:

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Reality is he fell in love with AU when he visited in April but he had not been back before yesterday. When he came back yesterday he feel in love all over again.

That's the Intel I didn't have. Thanks, E. Great news.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I thought our secondary coach was too goofy to get these type of recruits ? So excited 

T-Will did the heavy lifting in this one but GB does deserve some credit here fwiw. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

T-Will did the heavy lifting in this one but GB does deserve some credit here fwiw. 

As @Mikey already Noted Gus & Kristi did some heavy lifting yesterday & as Smoke noted so did Steele.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As @Mikey already Noted Gus & Kristi did some heavy lifting yesterday & as Smoke noted so did Steele.

12 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kristi too.

:punk:

• Like 1

This is the kind of player we need to load up on if we want to be consistent contenders.    Great job....WDE!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

This is the kind of player we need to load up on if we want to be consistent contenders.    Great job....WDE!

Agree with you on this we have always gotten our share of quality lineman running backs linebackers with the exception of an 8 year period there but that seems to be changing plus solid QBs.  However we have rarely recruited at a high level for DBs or WR.  Hopefully, That seems to be changing.  

Edited by corchjay
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

So is Monday going to be a S or SS for us?

S is all we know right now. Hasn't been reported on whether we are recruiting him at FS or SS.

Correct we don't swap sides just who ever lines up on your side unless there is an overload to one side of the field.  You are basically either a field safety or boundary.  If you're in man play your man, if in zone play your zone.  Read the offense and one of the safeties makes the call.  Tackle well, don't get beat deep, and play with speed and our defense is set up for safeties to be superstars 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Correct we don't swap sides just who ever lines up on your side unless there is an overload to one side of the field.  You are basically either a field safety or boundary.  If you're in man play your man, if in zone play your zone.  Read the offense and one of the safeties makes the call.  Tackle well, don't get beat deep, and play with speed and our defense is set up for safeties to be superstars 

Thanks for the explanation.