2018 4* S Smoke Monday (AU 7/11/17)

ellitor

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:16 PM, WFE12 said:

Spot on man...I could see the scenario and the opposite happening in some miracle. Part of Gus's makeup, could have sworn he ran up the score when he coached high school though..

Honestly, Gus is on a moderately warm seat and I do not see him backing off on anybody until it borders being ugly like a 45-10 half time score. I think we will see Gus going for the juggler more than we have ever seen from him. This is a good thing folks!  I hope he remembers back in 2014 when he made the statement that he should have kept the pedal to the metal during the bammer game.  I would love to see him go into BR and smoke Coach O with a 49-1 4 score and hand out bubble gum cigars to the players to chew on in the locker room and not on their field. Heck when Uga and the turds come to town I would love to see at least 49 points per game against those 2 teams with us keeping them under 24 points each game.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think we will see Gus going for the juggler more than we have ever seen from him.

Should've seen this coming...Three headed qb last year now this. He's running a circus act around here! This should throw em off!

IMG_0648.GIF

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love his attitude after the play. Say what you want, but you need a safety that has a little nasty in him and isn't afraid to remind you of it.

Out of likes, but I like and I like a little nasty in all the football players, especially D-linemen, I want them to be the nastiest of them all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Out of likes, but I like and I like a little nasty in all the football players, especially D-linemen, I want them to be the nastiest of them all. 

O-Lineman you mean.  :poke:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

O-Lineman you mean.  :poke:

Yes , That's ok too, but I remember Rocker and Fairly were both pretty nasty D-linemen and they turned out pretty well.

5 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Yes , That's ok too, but I remember Rocker and Fairly were both pretty nasty D-linemen and they turned out pretty well.

M. Davidson is the reincarnation of T. Rocker.  Hustle and playing down the line/across a defenders face is incredible.  Both excelled.  Neither are/were great pass rusher beyond bull rush they play to sound in technique.  You have to be willing to take some chances to be a great edge rusher.   Yes I know.  Rocker played inside.

Edited by corchjay

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I love his attitude after the play. Say what you want, but you need a safety that has a little nasty in him and isn't afraid to remind you of it.

I agree wholeheartedly... Wears that no. 21 in honor of Sean Taylor...One of the nastiest of all time.

• Like 1

Smoke is huge out there, bigger than some dlinemen!

15 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Just because.....Dude's my favorite commit in this class...Of course that'll change if we get Fields. If somebody could embed this that'd be great.

http://www.hudl.com/v/27Z8fJ

Those first 2 plays are insane.  The next few are some bell ringers.   WOW - yeah, my fav player too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Those first 2 plays are insane.  The next few are some bell ringers.   WOW - yeah, my fav player too.

Dude's length and athletism is off the charts. Been having a nagging feeling that he would entertain other offers though. I sure hope not. Having a heat seeker missile like him and sherwood does wonders for us for the future. 

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Dude's length and athletism is off the charts. Been having a nagging feeling that he would entertain other offers though. I sure hope not. Having a heat seeker missile like him and sherwood does wonders for us for the future. 

Me too.  We can't get the fax from him soon enough.  When I watch players, what separates the good ones to me is the mental not the physical.  You have to hate.  You have to be the Alpha Dog.  If you don't have that type of mental edge then your just another kid with length and size that should be playing WR or basketball.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Me too.  We can't get the fax from him soon enough.  When I watch players, what separates the good ones to me is the mental not the physical.  You have to hate.  You have to be the Alpha Dog.  If you don't have that type of mental edge then your just another kid with length and size that should be playing WR or basketball.

Monday fits that description to a "T".   Can we have predate that fax and hit "send"?  

• Like 1

Definitely one of my favorites!  The sky is the limit with this kid!!!

There are a few potential injuries as well as some personal fouls in that highlight vid.  Hopefully Coach Goober can coach that out of him early!

• Like 1

Our defense sooooooooooo needs a kid like this on the back end.  Once he gets on a college weight program this guy will be a monster if he keeps his head on right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Read an article on QM on a Clemson site. Sounds like he's giving them a chance to flip him:angry::realmad:

Yep and he's retweeting posts referring to him taking a official visit to Clemson. One fan even referred JFIII to QM saying that he wasn't having fun and that's why he left but QM corrected him and said that he left because he wasn't playing. I read back over his words from his commitment and all looks convincing but you just never know with these kids. I was excited when he committed on the actual visit day but was nervous about it at the same time. He could just want his ego stroked...Idk.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 1