2018 4* S Smoke Monday (AU 7/11/17)

ellitor

On 7/3/2017 at 5:07 PM, lionheartkc said:

Gus didn't take his foot off the gas against Mississippi State. Mississippi state adjusted to focus on Kam, slowing him down. One drive was shut down by Sean taking a sack.  The next, Kam fumbled. The third, we were buried deep and Kam couldn't dig us out. Finally, with the game in hand, we put Franklin in.

Don't forget, in many ways, Mississippi State was Kam's coming out party. Had they been fully aware of the weapon he was, they may have adjusted their game plan earlier.

You are correct, but that game was a great example of an opportunity to work on our passing game in the second half. There have been many other occasions where JF3 could've gotten some passing reps instead of going in to hand off 10 times in a row.  Our receivers needed the work as well.  I'm not a fan of running up scores, by the way.  I just think you need to maximize reps for all your players.

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

You are correct, but that game was a great example of an opportunity to work on our passing game in the second half. There have been many other occasions where JF3 could've gotten some passing reps instead of going in to hand off 10 times in a row.  Our receivers needed the work as well.  I'm not a fan of running up scores, by the way.  I just think you need to maximize reps for all your players.

I agree that it would have been a great time to put Franklin in sooner and get him some reps... especially some passing reps. I honestly don't know that Gus ever truly trusted him to protect the ball, but once he saw that Mississippi State didn't have much of an answer for our D, he should have given him the opportunity. 

• Like 1

I don't think of it as running up the score if you run your full offense with second team and they continue to score points on the other teams first team defense!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

There is the old AU - Miss St game thread on the football forum to continue that discussion. Get on Monday here peeps.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

There is the old AU - Miss St game thread on the football forum to continue that discussion. Get on Monday here peeps.

Wait... we're allowed to talk about players during a dead period? :poke:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Wait... we're allowed to talk about players during a dead period? :poke:

Yes & dead periods doesn't mean recruiting threads become general IM threads nor open for derailment.

I would love to get some new positive news in Monday. 

Other than Fields, who is a generational talent, Monday is my #1 guy in this class. The best player at our biggest need. 

What's our strategy to get back in it with Monday?  (Other than the obvious....)

19 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

What's our strategy to get back in it with Monday?  (Other than the obvious....)

Don't know there is a get back in it with him. All the staff can do is continue to recruit him hard & hope Clemson somehow decides not to take him.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't know there is a get back in it with him. All the staff can do is continue to recruit him hard & hope Clemson somehow decides not to take him.

Wow!  So he's pretty much all Clemson unless they change their mind on him?

That STINKS!!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That STINKS!!!!!!!! 

Yup!

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That STINKS!!!!!!!! 

We could also just go to Clemson the second week of the season and just throttle the snot out of them on their field in front of their fans and make it look easy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, subterranean_jack said:

I gotta think Auburn's thin depth at safety will keep them in it. What does Clemson's depth look like?

Not bad. They don't process players like most schools do.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Keith with a cloudy Crystal Ball. Does anyone know who he previously predicted to land Monday?

Auburn.

Brown may be a great on the field coach and the man the secondary needs right now but he isn't helping much on the recruiting trail. We need a strong DB coach bot on the field and on the recruiting trail. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Brown may be a great on the field coach and the man the secondary needs right now but he isn't helping much on the recruiting trail. We need a strong DB coach bot on the field and on the recruiting trail. 

Are we starting to see why he only sticks at a place for a couple years?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nothing there. 

Oh. I just realized you left the 18 page conversation we had going for about 4 years. I guess I'll start a new one. lol...Sent.

Edited by ellitor

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Goober factor working against us, lol. GWill should stop by here for a comment soon....

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Goober factor working against us, lol. GWill should stop by here for a comment soon....

tenor.gif

• Like 1

giphy.gif