2018 4* S Smoke Monday (AU 7/11/17)

ellitor

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

200w.gif

#Unfreakin'believable

:iamwithstupid::yay:

• Like 1

Someone said on here a page or two ago Steele isn't mentioned much, but he got good praise this time. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I agree he is stupid

:outtahere:

• Like 1

For GWill, I'm giving credit to GB. I think he struck a huge blow for goobers everywhere with this commitment, lol. I will say (again): Monday was one of my two biggest "wants" of the prospects I've seen. WDE!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Both your wishes have come true!

Aj0sDm2UshV7AAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

8XV5QC5tLglxoAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Thanks aufan57' it truly is a great day; I wanted to like this post while at work earlier but it won't allow me too. 

25 minutes ago, fredst said:

For GWill, I'm giving credit to GB. I think he struck a huge blow for goobers everywhere with this commitment, lol. I will say (again): Monday was one of my two biggest "wants" of the prospects I've seen. WDE!

I'm giving Goober Brown credit too; who needs SWAG to recruit ?

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Thank you. No, seriously. Thank you. 

Your welcome, I guess we get to look at photos of Sally Fields Thursday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You guys are nuts Tuesday is all mine. forever and ever

Tuesday's Gone With The Wind...

• Like 3

Sooo this Smoke Monday cat is pretty awesome. I'm glad we got him. Would be nice to discuss him & congratulate him making the Under Armour game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sooo this Smoke Monday cat is pretty awesome. I'm glad we got him. Would be nice to discuss him & congratulate him making the Under Armour game.

Congratulations Smoke, and thanks for bringing Tuesday along for the ride.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Greg and Kevin Steele out recruiting!!! lol nah but in all seriousness way to go greg brown!!! IDK how much he help but he had to play at least a decent role in mondays recruitment!!! it was a team wide effort to get him to do a complete 180 from almost committing to clemson. WAR DAMN GREG BROWN AND  SMOKE MONDAY!

120506054302-george-lindsey-02-horizonta

• Like 2

War Eagle Smoke!  Although not as flashy as a #1 QB commit I feel this one is huge.  Having a big hitting, intimidating safety really sets the tone on the defense.  RBs are scared to get past LOS and WRs are scared to run routes across the middle.  Keanu Neal for the Falcons this year is a good example.

HUGE commitment right here. Really hope he sticks with us. Hard to see how you can go from planning to commit to one school to committing to another and be 100% done with your recruitment. But hopefully he is. Our safety situation will be a critical levels next year so its a great chance for folks to come in a play early. Hopefully that fact is what sold Monday and he is sold on getting that early PT

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

HUGE commitment right here. Really hope he sticks with us. Hard to see how you can go from planning to commit to one school to committing to another and be 100% done with your recruitment. But hopefully he is. Our safety situation will be a critical levels next year so its a great chance for folks to come in a play early. Hopefully that fact is what sold Monday and he is sold on getting that early PT

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Yup i've read everything thats been posted in this thread

Wasn't sure. Posters typically read just the most recent page.

This change of heart by Monday, while on a visit to AU campus, seems to provide proof for CGM's feeling about not wanting to participate in the off campus camps. Get these kids to the Plains and the awesome atmosphere of Auburn for successful recruiting! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

This change of heart by Monday, while on a visit to AU campus, seems to provide proof for CGM's feeling about not wanting to participate in the off campus camps. Get these kids to the Plains and the awesome atmosphere of Auburn for successful recruiting! 

Good call!

How Monday is connected to Justin Fields, Kearis Jackson

Monday’s commitment matters for a whole host of reasons.

First and foremost, Auburn has a major need at safety. I had one source say Auburn could use Monday in the 2017 season, not to mention the 2018 season. He’s that good. He’s that college-ready. And the Tigers have that much of a position need.

But aside from that, it’s an important commitment for another clear purpose: Momentum.

Auburn garnered some momentum when legacy receiver Shedrick Jackson committed. But Monday’s announcement will carry more weight with a specific group of targets.

The Carver (Ga.) safety plays for the same Cam Newton 7-on-7 team as Justin Fields and Kearis Jackson. When I spoke with Monday at his spring game in May, I asked who on that team he thought — aside from himself — had a legitimate chance of committing to Auburn.

Fields, the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the Class of 2018, was his immediate answer.

Justin-Fields-9-by-Sam-Spiegelman_uofzgd
Auburn QB target Justin Fields (Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country)

That’s not to say Fields is a sure bet for Auburn, by any means. But it indicates that even a few months ago, some of his closest friends felt the Tigers were much more in it than was being publicly stated.

Monday didn’t hesitate working his recruiter’s magic once he committed. He’s in a group message with a bunch of guys who play for that 7-on-7 team. Monday informed them all, especially Fields and Jackson (a 4-star receiver in his own right), that he was going to announce his Auburn commitment on Twitter that night.

It’s convenient timing considering Fields and Jackson are scheduled to visit Auburn on Thursday. Fields plans to stay overnight.

Will that friendship matter regarding future commitments? Are package deals really that realistic?

That’s what Auburn is hoping for. The Tigers started off the right way by checking off the Monday box. Now they hope the rest of the momentum falls into place.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Greg and Kevin Steele out recruiting!!! lol nah but in all seriousness way to go greg brown!!! IDK how much he help but he had to play at least a decent role in mondays recruitment!!! it was a team wide effort to get him to do a complete 180 from almost committing to clemson. WAR DAMN GREG BROWN AND  SMOKE MONDAY!

120506054302-george-lindsey-02-horizonta

Looks like Andy & Goober have been smoking something.

• Like 1

Just thought I would share a little info on Monday I was told today.  Kid is very underrated and has unlimited potential.  He is an absolute stud I was told.  He was the top safety on our board.  I was already very excited but the praises I have heard from him since he committed make me think we have an absolute STUD in QM.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Just thought I would share a little info on Monday I was told today.  Kid is very underrated and has unlimited potential.  He is an absolute stud I was told.  He was the top safety on our board.  I was already very excited but the praises I have heard from him since he committed make me think we have an absolute STUD in QM.

Been saying it for a while. :laugh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Been saying it for a while. :laugh:

You have Bird.  You were the first person I thought of when I heard the news Tuesday.

• Like 1