Tonight vs LSU....

tigerbrotha12

Ok,  no more "here we go agains," no more "are you kidding mes," no more "if the refs would call a dang foul we'd be up by 20...."- we are essentially in a win or go home mode for this one. A loss here would certainly put us out of post-season consideration. A win keeps us in the hunt for NIT bid if we can pick up wins against UGA or Arky and Mizzouri. This is a game we should win. LSU is last in the league, and have nothing to play for. Put the wind out of their sails early and strike for the kill. I'm tired of excuses, just win and we're in! 

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/

As of yesterday, we are projected to be into the NIT as of now.

Also an interesting tidbit is that last year, the NIT took 4 SEC teams: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama. These were their records:

Florida: 19-14 (2 Seed)

Georgia: 19-13 (3 Seed)

SCar: 24-8 (1 Seed)

Alabama: 18-14 (5 Seed)

ACC teams that made it included:

Florida State: 19-13 (4 seed)

Virginia Tech: 19-14 (3 seed)

Geogia Tech: 19-14 (4 seed) 

From what I see, you can begin to make a case for the NIT when you run into around 18 wins. 19 wins will put you in pretty good with possibly even a home court advantage. It would be ideal for Auburn to win these last 4 games to cement it, and maybe have a late SEC tourney run to get back on the NCAA bubble, but realistically, Auburn needs to focus on that magic number: 19. 

24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Ok,  no more "here we go agains," no more "are you kidding mes," no more "if the refs would call a dang foul we'd be up by 20...."- we are essentially in a win or go home mode for this one. A loss here would certainly put us out of post-season consideration. A win keeps us in the hunt for NIT bid if we can pick up wins against UGA or Arky and Mizzouri. This is a game we should win. LSU is last in the league, and have nothing to play for. Put the wind out of their sails early and strike for the kill. I'm tired of excuses, just win and we're in! 

No it wouldn't. The CBI tourney would still be a very real possibility.

24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/

As of yesterday, we are projected to be into the NIT as of now.

Also an interesting tidbit is that last year, the NIT took 4 SEC teams: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama. These were their records:

Florida: 19-14 (2 Seed)

Georgia: 19-13 (3 Seed)

SCar: 24-8 (1 Seed)

Alabama: 18-14 (5 Seed)

ACC teams that made it included:

Florida State: 19-13 (4 seed)

Virginia Tech: 19-14 (3 seed)

Geogia Tech: 19-14 (4 seed) 

From what I see, you can begin to make a case for the NIT when you run into around 18 wins. 19 wins will put you in pretty good with possibly even a home court advantage. It would be ideal for Auburn to win these last 4 games to cement it, and maybe have a late SEC tourney run to get back on the NCAA bubble, but realistically, Auburn needs to focus on that magic number: 19. 

Being projected a 6 seed is not good. You want to be a 5 seed or better to feel good about a shot at making the tourney because regular season conference champs that don't get in the NCAA Tourney get auto bids in the NIT & take bids from other teams.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No it wouldn't. The CBI tourney would still be a very real possibility.

What's the CBI?

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't think it's must win for the NIT, but it's difficult to see us winning another besides Mizzou if we can't win tonight. Winning tonight could give us the confidence to beat Arkansas at home. I think it's entirely possible to see this team finish 4-0, but they have to get the monkey off their backs tonight, get a win, and get some confidence about themselves. I think tonight is a must win for momentum and confidence, but a loss won't eliminate us, yet.

Just now, au302 said:

Gotta win this one not only for NIT but also to help get out of the first round of the sec tournament

Gonna be tough. The two teams just ahead of us are UGA and aTm. aTm would have to collapse because tehy have the tiebreaker over us. We need UGA to struggle down the stretch, which without Maten might happen, and we need to beat them. Probably going to take us finishing 3-1 and beating them to jump them. 

If we can win 3 more and beat Georgia I like our chances. I'm so sick of playing in that game, and I really don't want to have to face LSU or Mizzou for a third time because it's very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season

1 hour ago, au302 said:

If we can win 3 more and beat Georgia I like our chances. I'm so sick of playing in that game, and I really don't want to have to face LSU or Mizzou for a third time because it's very hard to beat a team 3 times in one season

Plus beating either 1 in the first round would do absoluely 0 to help our post season chances of making any post season tourney.

Archived