"Diversity" has become a partisan issue!

homersapien

Heck, I'll take it.  If Republicans want to assume the mantle of being anti-diversity, great!  It actually suites them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/school-pro-diversity-posters-trump_us_58ac87b9e4b0e784faa21446?

School Asks Teachers To Take Down Pro-Diversity Posters, Saying They’re ‘Anti-Trump’

Diversity has been a code word and a dog whistle for the Left for decades. It's intended to be partisan

14 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Diversity has been a code word and a dog whistle for the Left for decades. It's intended to be partisan

"We the people 

defend dignity"

yep, hyper partisan .

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

"We the people 

defend dignity"

yep, hyper partisan .

Meaningless tripe, is all that is, posing as some semblance or connection to the preamble of the US Constitution. 

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Meaningless tripe, is all that is, posing as some semblance or connection to the preamble of the US Constitution. 

Dignity clearly means nothing to you. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Dignity clearly means nothing to you. 

Don't need any outside nannies to " defend " it . 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

"Dog whistle" for what? Inclusion?

Artificial quotas which don't reflect reality 

16 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Artificial quotas which don't reflect reality 

I rest my case.

To Republicans, "diversity" means forced quotas.

We can't promote diversity because of it's own merits.  We cannot welcome immigrants or seek out qualified minorities for the benefits they bring to our companies and our communities, not to mention the nation. We shouldn't be trying to educate or open peoples minds to the benefits of diversity by promoting it.  

So remember, if you see a poster promoting diversity it's just a way of getting you to accept coercion to interact with strange, dangerous people.

It must suck to be you.

It's great to be me. I'm not a useful idiot who blindly accepts when  some damn poster or bumper sticker tells me what / how to think. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

We shouldn't be trying to educate or open peoples minds to the benefits of diversity.  

There are virtually no socio-economic benefits which "diversity" brings to a nation.  This is one of those (many) theories that the Left throws around as fact which is actually completely opposite to reality once you study historical trends, human behavior, biological wiring, etc, etc.  There is empirical data which confirms that "diversifying" a nation leads to a complete collapse in social cohesion, the destruction of the "community", etc.  What exactly are the "benefits" apart from the fact that you get access to the ethnic cuisines or traditions of other cultures? Seriously? You hear idiots like Justin Trudeau proclaim that "diversity is our strength"...WRONG: UNITY is the strength of a nation.  The more diversified a nation becomes; the less unified it naturally becomes.

I'm sure that one of you idiots will (predictably) try to misconstrue this as some sort of "white nationalist" claim; but alas that is the true nature of civilization.

21 minutes ago, metafour said:

There are virtually no socio-economic benefits which "diversity" brings to a nation.  This is one of those (many) theories that the Left throws around as fact which is actually completely opposite to reality once you study historical trends, human behavior, biological wiring, etc, etc.  There is empirical data which confirms that "diversifying" a nation leads to a complete collapse in social cohesion, the destruction of the "community", etc.  What exactly are the "benefits" apart from the fact that you get access to the ethnic cuisines or traditions of other cultures? Seriously? You hear idiots like Justin Trudeau proclaim that "diversity is our strength"...WRONG: UNITY is the strength of a nation.  The more diversified a nation becomes; the less unified it naturally becomes.

I'm sure that one of you idiots will (predictably) try to misconstrue this as some sort of "white nationalist" claim; but alas that is the true nature of civilization.

Seig Heil!

You are an embarrassment to AU. :no:     Ignorant is no way to go through life. 

http://www.nber.org/papers/w10904

ABSTRACT

What are the economic consequences to U.S. natives of the growing diversity of American cities? Is their productivity or utility affected by cultural diversity as measured by diversity of countries of birth of U.S. residents? We document in this paper a very robust correlation: US-born citizensliving inmetropolitan areas where the share offoreign-born increased between 1970 and 1990, experienced a significant increase in their wage and in the rental price of their housing. Such finding is economically significant and survives omitted variable bias and endogeneity bias. As people and firms are mobile across cities in the long run we argue that, in equilibrium, these correlations are consistent only with a net positive effect of cultural diversity on productivity of natives.

LOL.  Harvard professor Robert Putnam, a hardcore Leftist sociology professor who conducted a study to "confirm" his pro-multiculturalism egalitarian viewpoint found the end data of his study to be exactly opposite to what he had hoped.  Instead of validating his beliefs on the greatness of diversity, his own study found that diversity led to the destruction of trust and the fracture of communities, FORCING people to "hunker down" to greater extents the more diverse communities/cities became.  Putnam was so red-pilled by his own study that he waited YEARS to publish his report.

Putnam’s survey of 41 American cities and towns found people in ethnically diverse regions tend to be polite – but also disengaged and wary.

While Putnam believes there may be long-term benefits for some from immigration (including enhanced scientific and intellectual innovation), he’s become convinced the short-term effect on most cities is a drop in “social capital.”

People in diverse urban regions tend to seek shelter in their own little worlds. “Diversity, at least in the short run, seems to bring out the turtle in all of us. … The more ethnically diverse the people we live around, the less we trust them.

Putnam adds an additional disturbing discovery – that “in-group trust, too, is lower in more diverse settings.” In other words, people also become more distrustful even of members of their own ethnic group.

“Inhabitants of diverse communities tend to withdraw from collective life, to distrust their neighbours, regardless of the colour of their skin, to withdraw even from close friends, to expect the worst from their community and its leaders, to volunteer less, give less to charity and work on community projects less often, vote less … have less faith that they can actually make a difference, and to huddle unhappily in front of the television,” Putnam writes in his report E Pluribus Unum: Diversity and Community in the 21st century.

The city of Vancouver (the 4th most "hyper-diverse" city in the world) conducted their own study and confirmed Putnam's findings.  They found that their inhabitants feel "unusually high" levels of loneliness and lack of friends.  It found one in four Metro residents feels alone more often than they would like, one-third consider Vancouver a difficult place to make friends, most don’t socialize with their neighbours, half don’t volunteer and most feel that, while diversity is generally a good thing, they prefer to be with members of their own ethnic group.

Since Putnam first uncovered his “inconvenient truths” about the downside of diversity, he has extensively “kicked the tires” of his studies to see if other reasons could explain a lack of mutual regard in multicultural societies.

But he’s failed to find evidence to contradict his own findings. Indeed, many others have confirmed them, including Harvard economist Edward Glaeser, author of Triumph of the City; American academics Edward Miguel, Matthew Kahn and Dora Costa; and Oxford economist Paul Collier, author of Exodus: How Migration is Changing the World.

As Putnam summarizes, higher diversity leads to “lower confidence in local government, local leaders and the local news media … less expectation others will cooperate to solve dilemmas … less likelihood of working on a community project … lower likelihood of giving to charity … and less happiness and lower perceived quality of life.”

One of the most serious downsides of greater diversity, emphasize Putnam and others, is people become more reluctant to pay taxes.

Glaeser, Collier and others have discovered higher ethnic diversity leads to more reluctance to redistribute wealth. In high-immigrant societies, Glaeser found the relatively well-off have less empathy for those on lower incomes because they don’t see them as being basically like themselves.

Sounds like a great culture, right? A culture wherein people feel isolated and alone, weary of their neighbors, become less likely to be involved in the community, less likely to volunteer, etc.  These are all values which are ESSENTIAL for democracy to thrive: a sense of civil duty to engage for the greater good of the community.  "Diversity" inherently destroys all of these values.

Just now, homersapien said:

Man, that's weak.

Great response.  Your argument is backed by some weak economic drivel (yes, exploiting cheap immigrant labor helps the native population...duh); mine comes to the conclusion that the basic fundamental values which bind a nation or community together are inherently broken by "diversification".  The study even comes from one of your own guys who spent years trying to disprove his own findings before he finally published his report.  The fundamental strength of a nation comes from the unity of its people; if diversity inhibits this unity (as proven by Putnam and everyone else with a brain), then how can diversity possibly be the "strength" of a nation? America has seen a drastic decline in "social capital" since the 1950's; volunteering is down on a yearly basis, civil participation is down, the community is non-existent, people are driven to their own little sub-communities...this sounds like a HEALTHY nation to you? 

All it takes is for you to actually open your eyes.  You go to San Francisco or New York and the China Towns of those cities are littered with people who don't even speak English or ever engage with the rest of the native community.  They hold zero sense of civil duty outside of their own segmented community, and why should they? You think that this is a "good" trait for a nation? The same goes for Hispanics in South Florida, and it applies to other countries as well (like the "Muslimcized" cities in Western European countries which become no-go zones for the locals).  Humans have evolved a biological sense to prioritize the well being of their own "in-group", obviously to ensure the long-term survive-ability of the tribe.  Brainwashing yourself into thinking that you can just pile every group of people into a confined space and have them all interacting cohesively is a pipe-dream of astronomical levels. 

10 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Translation: over Homer's head 

He's completely brainwashed.

I am a first generation immigrant.  My parents who have been here 22 years have ZERO native close friends.  ZERO.  Me, being raised here, am more inclined to socialize with others, but all of my closest friends are people from the same background as me who I grew up with.  This is the reality for every single immigrant group, every single one.  Yes, over generations the hope is that full assimilation will occur, but you have to ask yourself what the impact to society as a whole is during that process.  As you can see by the studies; "hyper diversification" creates a weaker and more fragmented society that effects even the natives.

2 hours ago, metafour said:

I am a first generation immigrant.  My parents who have been here 22 years have ZERO native close friends.  ZERO.  Me, being raised here, am more inclined to socialize with others, but all of my closest friends are people from the same background as me who I grew up with.  This is the reality for every single immigrant group, every single one.  Yes, over generations the hope is that full assimilation will occur, but you have to ask yourself what the impact to society as a whole is during that process.  As you can see by the studies; "hyper diversification" creates a weaker and more fragmented society that effects even the natives.

Good stuff. Regarding the posters. Was it just a political jab? I often think the confederate flag is by a few

16 hours ago, metafour said:

Well if you are making an argument against immigrants, that's a good one.

(PS: the topic was diversity.)

The same arguments were made for legal segregation.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well if you are making an argument against immigrants, that's a good one.

Man, I don't comment here much, and there's a lot of crappy stuff said between posters here, but that's a messed up thing to say to someone. 

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There's that rapier wit we've all come to admire.  <_<

Figure out who the heck Jake Tapper is yet ? 

22 hours ago, metafour said:

My experience is the opposite, most "close" friends I have are immigrants, it makes me have more hope for this country, since a lot of assimilated kids here are spoiled entitled brats, the immigrant families and especially the kids are more inclined to bust their ass for what they get in life. Hard working LEGAL immigrants keep this country running through the entitled triggered pampered crapstorm of the masses.

That's not to say companies have not screwed over other employees or local populace in the name of "diversity"... Our local hospital was pushed for more diversity, they complied, but in the stupidest way imaginable, min wage jobs AKA phone operators. A job that you really need a good understanding of the english language for, is now (or was in 2015) over 50% non english speaking workers.

Archived