LSU Postgame W 98-75

ShocksMyBrain

LSU clearly has some issues. Look like a Barbee team. Guessing they can Jones.

not a great first half but AU controlled the second half. Good confidence builder going into Arky. They need 2 of the last 3 to get into the NIT. 

I said in another post I didn't tune in until late. So when I turned it on I just knew Auburn would be getting drilled but it was 73-63 and Auburn put the pedal to the metal from there. Great win and WDE Tigers.

when is the last time we swept LSU in football and mens bball in a sports season?!?! WOOOOO!!!!!!!! I love it! War Damn eagle boys! Easily our third biggest rival on our schedule every year. Does not get talked about as much our rivalry with them because of west vance and thuga.

Tonight has me with a sense of true encouragement. Not in the sense that I think we're now going to win the rest of our games and win the sec tournament, but I think tonight showed me that BP still has these guys playing for him. I was getting worried that the team had quit and there was issues in the locker room. I expected our guys to play selfish the rest of the way. Tonight, we played some very unselfish basketball. 17 wins with three games left is awesome. Yes, this team needs major improvement but we'd be fooling ourselves if we didn't at least acknowledge that these freshman can play

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

LSU clearly has some issues. Look like a Barbee team. Guessing they can Jones.

not a great first half but AU controlled the second half. Good confidence builder going into Arky. They need 2 of the last 3 to get into the NIT. 

these sun belt coaches the sec hires never seem to pan out that well. Off the top of my head "recently" Darrin Horn, Dennis Felton and now probaly Johnny Jones will all flame out in spectacular fashion and be fired. Both looked like studs when they were in the sun belt.

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Tonight has me with a sense of true encouragement. Not in the sense that I think we're now going to win the rest of our games and win the sec tournament, but I think tonight showed me that BP still has these guys playing for him. I was getting worried that the team had quit and there was issues in the locker room. I expected our guys to play selfish the rest of the way. Tonight, we played some very unselfish basketball. 17 wins with three games left is awesome. Yes, this team needs major improvement but we'd be fooling ourselves if we didn't at least acknowledge that these freshman can play

Understandable concern

1 minute ago, au302 said:

being rational about things which is as people know that know me is VERY HARD to do haha  but we are right on schedule. Take away the ole miss loss and HOW we lost we have won the games we should of won and lost the games we should of lost for the most part. That ole miss one is just really tough to get over. The florida and TAMU game could of been a lot different. That just totally killed this team and its confidence the next 2 games.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

these sun belt coaches the sec hires never seem to pan out that well. Off the top of my head "recently" Darrin Horn, Dennis Felton and now probaly Johnny Jones will all flame out in spectacular fashion and be fired. Both looked like studs when they were in the sun belt.

Me thinks LSU has a lot more concerns with their BB program then we even know about. No way they get the #1 player in the country last year w/o some help

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

being rational about things which is as people know that know me is VERY HARD to do haha  but we are right on schedule. Take away the ole miss loss and HOW we lost we have won the games we should of won and lost the games we should of lost for the most part. That ole miss one is just really tough to get over. The florida and TAMU game could of been a lot different. That just totally killed this team and its confidence the next 2 games.

no way :moon:

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Me thinks LSU has a lot more concerns with their BB program then we even know about. No way they get the #1 player in the country last year w/o some help

I think the main concern just with not even mentioning how they got simmons (which is a whole other story in itself.) is NOT MAKING THE NCAA TOURNEY with the clear and away number 1 pick!!! that Had not happened in almost 40 years. Mychal Thompson I think was the last one before Simmons and now it will happen 2 years in a row with Fultz and washington most likely not making it either. Wild.

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

no way :moon:

I KNOW! pretty groundbreaking announcements tonight. WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Glad they won this one. A loss here ended the season.  At least with the win we can still hope for some kind of post season.  Glad the d seemed to play better the 2cnd half. 1st half was kind of rough.  I tuned out and started watching Boon Dock Saints instead (better choice even with the win ;) )

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Glad they won this one. A loss here ended the season.  At least with the win we can still hope for some kind of post season.  Glad the d seemed to play better the 2cnd half. 1st half was kind of rough.  I tuned out and started watching Boon Dock Saints instead (better choice even with the win ;) )

1 or 2? one is exceptionally better than 2.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think the main concern just with not even mentioning how they got simmons (which is a whole other story in itself.) is NOT MAKING THE NCAA TOURNEY with the clear and away number 1 pick!!! that Had not happened in almost 40 years. Mychal Thompson I think was the last one before Simmons and now it will happen 2 years in a row with Fultz and washington most likely not making it. Wild.

If I'm not mistaken the Bahamas Momma

Big step towards the NIT!

43 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

If I'm not mistaken the Bahamas Momma

YES!!! Nassau!

These guys came through tonight. The end of the first half was iffy, and the second half didn't start off that great. There was a few chances to get discouraged, but they continued to push on. And when they had the chance to go for the kill, they executed and made it count. Big win tonight. First winning season since 2009. Sixth true road win. And picked up some much needed confidence. Hopefully, that translates over to the Auburn Arena Saturday night against the Hawgs. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

He admitted as much. 

Archived