ellitor

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

White is going to uga. 

I know. Was the point of my post.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Which means if Teague commits to UGA, he might have one year of being "the man" at UGA - the year after White declares for the NFL draft.

Most places don't have a 1 back as "the man" anymore. A lot of places now split the carries up to some extent.

Even teams that split carries tend to have a lead back though. Kinda like Bama with Richardson backing up Ingram. Trent finished the year with 100+ carries, but Ingram was the lead back. That tends to be the way it shakes out, even in a time share situation.

But if I were a RB, I'd want to KNOW that there are other RBs available to share the load. No way I'd want to be driven like a rented mule for three years and effectively shave 2 years off any potential NFL career. Only so many carries in any RB's legs. If it were me, I'd look for a team that shared the ball between RBs but found ways to make them look good. 

34 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

But if I were a RB, I'd want to KNOW that there are other RBs available to share the load. No way I'd want to be driven like a rented mule for three years and effectively shave 2 years off any potential NFL career. Only so many carries in any RB's legs. If it were me, I'd look for a team that shared the ball between RBs but found ways to make them look good. 

Marcus Lattimore approves of this message. 

It seems likely the RB that commits to AU is the one that is planning to attend BC Weekend.   I don't see RTIII on the list, but I do see Mr. Martin.

54 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

In fairness, Cadillac Williams does too. 

Tampa Bay definitely asked way too much of him. I'm not sure about Auburn. It seems like he was always breaking bones until until 2004 (which was a true time share). 

Of course, Latt's injury was of that genre, too. Spurrier definitely took a lot of tread off those tires first, though. 

Edit: I stand very, very corrected. 741 carries in 4 years for Caddy to Latt's 555 in 3. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And then their very next tweet will reveal a top 12 (cough cough Harold Joiner)! :)

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's weird with no reports out & Zamir White still heavily favored for UGA. The concerning pic is nation analyst for 247 Steve Wilfong. Somrtimes those national analyst for 247 get interesting nuggets.

I hate to be THAT GUY but I swear none of these national analysts ever seem to think any recruit is going to Auburn. At least that is my perception of Wilfong and others in the past! It irritates me! haha SHOW US SOME RESPECT!

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

And then their very next tweet will reveal a top 12 (cough cough Harold Joiner)! :)

what is even the point of a top 12 other than to "try" to make those 12 schools recruiting websites write up a quick article about it lol

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

what is even the point of a top 12 other than to "try" to make those 12 schools recruiting websites write up a quick article about it lol

I don't know - I tried including Georgetown Law School in my top 12 when I was applying to school, but apparently I wasn't even in their top 200. :/

Just now, thaitopher said:

I don't know - I tried including Georgetown Law School in my top 12 when I was applying to school, but apparently I wasn't even in their top 200. :/

:nopityA: lol jk friend!

1 hour ago, LakeBum said:

It seems likely the RB that commits to AU is the one that is planning to attend BC Weekend.   I don't see RTIII on the list, but I do see Mr. Martin.

The BCW list is very early. Don't be surprise if both attend.

37 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate to be THAT GUY but I swear none of these national analysts ever seem to think any recruit is going to Auburn. At least that is my perception of Wilfong and others in the past! It irritates me! haha SHOW US SOME RESPECT!

No. They have picked us in the past. For example, JC Shurbutt then national analyst for 247 was the one who broke the Monty Adams trending to AU story and was the 1st to pick him to AU on the crystal ball.

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yup. It's why I don't even pay attention to what a recruit says til they are down to a top 5.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

... is that Nick Marshall? 

hahahah I never noticed till now how much they resemble each other.

Teague, Snead, and Pierce are my Top 3 big backs.  Any order they are all good.  I think Teague is a little under rated so I gravitate to him and his interest in our Tigers!!!

I really like Teague. If we only took one more back, of the guys we're on, I want him. Hmmm.... am I starting to sound like Mickey with LBs??

23 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Teague, Snead, and Pierce are my Top 3 big backs.  Any order they are all good.  I think Teague is a little under rated so I gravitate to him and his interest in our Tigers!!!

UGA has apparently ramped things up here. This has apparently gone back & forth between AU & UGA recently. If the AU staff wants him bad they need to get him here for BCW & make it clear.

12 hours ago, fredst said:

I really like Teague. If we only took one more back, of the guys we're on, I want him. Hmmm.... am I starting to sound like Mickey with LBs??

First, if you are correct and gripe long enough, people that can actually do something about a situation will agree with your concerns, step in and do something. In this case, you don't have five or six years to get Teague on board and that's how long I had to point out failures in LB acquisition before action was taken. :):)

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

First, if you are correct and gripe long enough, people that can actually do something about a situation will agree with your concerns, step in and do something. In this case, you don't have five or six years to get Teague on board and that's how long I had to point out failures in LB acquisition before action was taken. :):)

I don't understand the point of your post Mikey. Nobody on this board is in a position to make any changes about how many players AU takes at any position or on recruiting tactics.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't understand the point of your post Mikey. Nobody on this board is in a position to make any changes about how many players AU takes at any position or on recruiting tactics.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm E lol

Archived