2018 3* RB Master Teague III (Ohio St)

ellitor

6 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I would think his commitment would have more impact on Shaun Shivers. I wouldn't imagine that we would take two RB's that were smaller that 5'10.

Teague is not a small back unless you think 5' 11" 210lbs for a junior in high school to be small.  

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Beaker said:

If he commits to us, what is the impact on A Martin?  Any?

If they are the right 3 we may take 3 RBs total but very well may just take 2 RBs.

I put Teague in the same category with Snead, Franklin, Pierce.  All very good 200lb backs that has good balance, hits the holes hard, and has enough speed to take it to the house.  However they aren't Zamir White or Lingard "electric" but all very good running backs that move the chains to keep drives alive.  

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

Teague is not a small back unless you think 5' 11" 210lbs for a junior in high school to be small.  

Yup. Shivers & Teague are completely kind of backs. Teague can run between the tackles & runs with physicality. Shivers is a deadly Space back.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I put Teague in the same category with Snead, Franklin, Pierce.  All very good 200lb backs that has good balance, hits the holes hard, and has enough speed to take it to the house.  However they aren't Zamir White or Lingard "electric" but all very good running backs that move the chains to keep drives alive.  

To this point Teague had at least 11 runs or more from 30 yards out or more and at least 7 over 50 yards out or more last season. Most of them being between the tackles. He could easily be a 5'11, 225 lbs power back in college with speed in open field.

I have to admit: based on the film I've looked at (and I'm no expert) I like Teague better than Martin by a small margin ?I'd be thrilled with either though! WDE!

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I have to admit: based on the film I've looked at (and I'm no expert) I like Teague better than Martin by a small margin ?I'd be thrilled with either though! WDE!

Teague and Pierce are a different kind of backs from Martin.  They are like Bubba and Martin is like KJ.  Martin would be that Swiss Army knife kind of back. I'm interested to see how "Worm" does this year also.

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Teague and Pierce are a different kind of backs from Martin.  They are like Bubba and Martin is like KJ.  Martin would be that Swiss Army knife kind of back. I'm interested to see how "Worm" does this year also.

Yes. I like the look of Pierce as well. He and Teague look like guys that you could get 25 carries out of and not worry about them wearing down.

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

You're right. For some reason I was thinking that he was smaller.

This interview from SECC is from a few days ago but it gives insight into what Teague may be thinking...

Master Teague starting to separate schools

The 4-star running back has made his rounds.

Teague has been busy this spring taking recruiting visits to many of his top schools of interest. He dropped a top 12 that included eight programs that had offered and four schools — Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Ohio State — that could remain in the conversation despite no offer, though none of those schools have changed their stances yet.

Since his March 19 release, Teague has taken visits to Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State, Tennessee and Georgia. South Carolina hasn’t hosted Teague since the season opener last football season, but the Gamecocks still are considered one of the front-runners for Teague.

On Sunday, Teague confirmed that his list has been reduced from 12, but he opted not to make any official statements on which schools made the cut and those that didn’t. It’s fair to assume that the offering programs he’s visited recently — Tennessee, Auburn and Georgia — are major contenders.

“We already answered most of the questions about the schools and stuff like that,” Teague said. “Now we’re kind of reading and praying, just trying to listen for God, to where he would have me be at. Just kind of listening and praying, hoping that we’ll find the right place for me, where I can grow as a person and fulfill God’s will.”

Teague’s initial comment on “answering questions” follows a similar talking point he referenced after his first Auburn visit in February.

He had all of those questions and concerns figured out with Auburn then. The most recent visit in March was more about learning fit and establishing a stronger relationship with a coaching staff that he considers one of his closest bonds in the country.

Tim-Horton-by-Kenny-Moss-DSC-2930_ogoax3
Running back target Master Teague III said Auburn RB coach Tim Horton likes his character. (Kenny Moss/Getty Images)

Many names have been mentioned in regards to Auburn running back recruiting: Shaun Shivers, Asa Martin, Harold Joiner and Tae Provens, but Teague is sometimes lost in the out-of-state shuffle.

That isn’t the case with Auburn’s coaching staff. It was on that most recent visit to Auburn that he began to feel prioritized by the Tigers compared with some other staffs.

“It was my second time visiting, and they enjoyed having me there. Coach [Tim] Horton and coach [Gus] Malzahn like me a lot. They think I have great character and would be a great fit for them. They’re really recruiting me pretty hard, and Coach Horton really wants to coach me. They’re not pressuring anything on me right now. They’re just letting me take my time, but they’re really excited about me,” Teague said. “They want me to be an Auburn Tiger.”

Now that he feels comfortable with Auburn, Teague has started to look for other factors to help him differentiate one top school from another.

His natural next move: scheme fit.

The way programs use the running back helped Teague eliminate programs early on. It also showed him on his visit tour how some schools might make more sense than others. But as Teague prepares for his senior season, there’s one offense that makes him feel comfortable.

“Auburn’s [offense] is more like how I run my offense now, how the offense is run at Blackman [High School]. I think, if I went there, it would be a really easy transition, as far as how they run the power and things like that,” Teague said. “I think it is a part [of my decision] because I feel like certain schools use their backs in different ways. I prefer some more than others. Certain schools, I didn’t like the way they ran their backfield, so I didn’t really have them up there on the list, like the ones I have, so I think it does play a big role.”

Sounds like Teague likes us too!

If we end up with Teague, Martin, and Worm, I would be extremely pleased with the RB position. All 3 are really good and bring a different skill set to the table. 

"Introducing Thunder, Lightning, and Swiss Army Knife". 

I like his film a lot. He's patient and lets the play/blocks set up but can still run over people and take it home. I'd like to see us run some of the old dyer-like pull plays with him, if we get him.

• 2 weeks later...

This could be a race between Teague and Asa. They appear to be 2 of AU's top RB targets & there's no guarantee AU would take both.

From Keith

We think Auburn or UGA. Tigers have made him a priority. .... We reported a couple weeks ago AU was in this more than people thought -- and now there are some who think the Tigers may land him.

I read where Teague seemed to have a great deal of interest in Auburn. But I was wondering if Martin is still a Florida or maybe even a Bama lean? 

37 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I read where Teague seemed to have a great deal of interest in Auburn. But I was wondering if Martin is still a Florida or maybe even a Bama lean? 

Seems open between the 3 based on the Rivals article that came out this morning.

19 hours ago, thaitopher said:

3 CBs in the last couple of days. I am liking what I am seeing.

Got a RUSH of 5 Crystal Balls yesterday to Georgia lol. As long as we get 1 of asa or teague we will be good. I wish we could/would get and take both though.

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Got a RUSH of 5 Crystal Balls yesterday to Georgia lol. As long as we get 1 of asa or teague we will be good. I wish we could/would get and take both though.

Kipp Adam's CBed Master to AU. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kipp Adam's CBed Master to AU. 

as did neihbur which was weird why after that 5 people did not follow the team guys and CB'd him to georgia.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

as did neihbur which was weird why after that 5 people did not follow the team guys and CB'd him to georgia.

That's weird with no reports out & Zamir White still heavily favored for UGA. The concerning pic is nation analyst for 247 Steve Wilfong. Somrtimes those national analyst for 247 get interesting nuggets.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is a bit odd - usually when you see a rush of CBs in one week they all go to the same school. I would love to know what these predictions to UGA are based upon.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's weird with no reports out & Zamir White still heavily favored for UGA. The concerning pic is nation analyst for 247 Steve Wilfong. Somrtimes those national analyst for 247 get interesting nuggets.

White is going to uga. 

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

White is going to uga. 

Which means if Teague commits to UGA, he might have one year of being "the man" at UGA - the year after White declares for the NFL draft.

Archived