2018 3* RB Master Teague III (Ohio St)

ellitor

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You think? Chip seems to be a BIG fan of tight ends... and that seems like a natural transition for a power back.

Just because a guy is big doesn't mean he is a power back. Joiner is very talented but he doesn't look like his running style is a big power or punishing to it. He's very good at cuts & jukes for a big RB. Also his frame looks like it will fill out like Duke's did more than a TE frame.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dmoney said:

thanks E.

Sorry I didn't have an answer. When the RB pecking order & AU chances with them come public they will be posted.

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

I like this back a lot. 

He is very good at finding the hole, but even better at setting up his blocks.

So, I decided to go back and watch his entire film this AM. I have a tendency to watch about half the videos and I make up my mind from that. I like him even more after watching the whole film. The second half is not showing the 70 yard breakaway runs when no one touches him. Most plays show him navigating lots of traffic and just how tough this kid is. He catches passes out of the backfield too. I really like him a lot. I think I will call him Mr. Master..........he has earned it.

3 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

So, I decided to go back and watch his entire film this AM. I have a tendency to watch about half the videos and I make up my mind from that. I like him even more after watching the whole film. The second half is not showing the 70 yard breakaway runs when no one touches him. Most plays show him navigating lots of traffic and just how tough this kid is. He catches passes out of the backfield too. I really like him a lot. I think I will call him Mr. Master..........he has earned it.

Just don't call him Mr. Masters.

3 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Definitely showed his power in the 2nd half of the film, and he also has a couple of gears- he really turns it on when he has to.

19 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If we sign 2 RB's next Feb., IMO they should be Master Teague III and Harold Joiner. I like what I've seen on film.

I love Teague but I'm in hold mode about Joiner.  Deep RB class this year.  Joiner as an ATH tho might be a good call.

• 3 weeks later...

4-star RB target releases top schools, sets Auburn visit

Four-star running back Master Teague of Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Blackman released a top 12 Sunday and Auburn is on his list. The 5-feet-10.5, 210-pound Teague is the No. 9 running back nationally in the 247Sports rankings.

Making the cut:

Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.

Top 12
Recruiting w/Offer
Auburn
Duke
Georgia 
Louisville 
Miss State
S. Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Recruiting
Alabama
Clemson
LSU
OSU

Of his top 12, he has offers from all but Alabama, Clemson, LSU and Ohio State.

Teague will visit a few of the schools on his top list in the near future, he told Alex Gleitman of Bucknuts.

"I will be at Alabama on the 24th (of March)," Teague said. "I will be in Auburn on the 25th. I will be at Ohio State on March 31 and April 1. I will be in Georgia on the 14th and 15th of April and Tennessee on the 8th of April."

Auburn offered Teague in February during his first unofficial visit to the school.

Beast Mode... link

Not only does Master Teague have a killer name, he’s quickly generating a lot of hype for his recruitment.

The 4-star running back from Murfreesboro, Tenn., rushed for over 2,000 yards with 24 touchdowns as a junior last season, according to MaxPreps. Teague is drawing attention from some of the top programs in the country, and he included eight SEC programs on his list of top 12 schools.

On Monday, a video was posted on Twitter of Teague power cleaning 340 pounds. If this doesn’t get fans excited, then nothing will.

Teague is rated as the No. 17 running back in the Class of 2018 by the 247Sports Composite Rankings and the No. 10 prospect from the state of Tennessee.

His name would make a good rapper name!

Top RB target returns and enjoys

For the second time in as many months, Master Teague has been on the Plains.

The 4-star running back from Murfreesboro, Tenn., first visited Feb. 22. He returned Saturday for a more personal visit with Auburn coaches. Teague lacked much doubt about the Tigers leading up to the visit, but any that lingered vanished over the weekend, which included a Friday trip to Tuscaloosa.

“It was a great visit (to Auburn), talking with coaches and everything,” Teague said. “I got to see a short practice and a scrimmage. That was great. You know, a lot of questions were answered. This was a good visit.”

What were those answers he received? More education specifics to Auburn and his mother’s approval.

“We didn’t get to see the academics last time. We cleared up some questions with that. My mom got to come this time, so she got to see everything. So it was a great visit. I got most of my questions answered.”

Teague’s decision isn’t far off.

He’d like to announce as soon as July. There still are several visits he has to make, including a few more lined up within the week. Teague will visit Ohio State and Georgia for spring practices this week.

South Carolina and Tennessee also are heavily in the mix. In fact, Teague said the home-state Volunteers are recruiting him the hardest, using six coaches to recruit him.

Auburn-running-backs-coach-Tim-Horton-by
Auburn RB coach Tim Horton (Hal Yeager/Getty Images)

Teague isn’t in a position to reveal a list of favorites. He wants to continue evaluating each program.

With that said, Auburn will be a contender. He hopes to return for Big Cat Weekend.

“I’d say they’re one of them that stand out … They’re a school that I’m looking forward to keeping research and keep looking for,” Teague said. “You know, it’s real similar to my offense. I feel like it would be a real comfortable move if I came here, as far as that goes.”

Teague’s relationship with noted running back developer Tim Horton will be a key recruiting pitch for the 5-foot-11, 210-pound back.

“He’s a great man. He’s real passionate about what he does. He seems like a good Christian man. I’m trying to build on what my parents taught me. I like the way he coaches. I think he’s a great coach,” Teague said. “I think that’s important because he has experience working with tailbacks who are great. He knows how to develop those type of guys. That’s a great thing.”

Not only did Master like his 2nd trip to Auburn, but his mother also enjoyed the trip and she like talking to Malzahn and Horton along with other coaches.

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Not only did Master like his 2nd trip to Auburn, but his mother also enjoyed the trip and she like talking to Malzahn and Horton along with other coaches.

Clearly someone logged on to your account and posted this. The A4E I know doesn't post real information. But hey, if this is a new leaf you are turning over I am all for it!

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Clearly someone logged on to your account and posted this. The A4E I know doesn't post real information. But hey, if this is a new leaf you are turning over I am all for it!

Na. It's a4e. He repeated what was in the article above...And A4E is @around4ever.

• 1 month later...

AU appears to be making a move here. JC Shurburtt put in a pick for AU. JC used to be the National Recruiting Director for 247. He now writes for South Carolina 247 & the fighting roosters were thought to be Teague's leader for a long time.

If he commits to us, what is the impact on A Martin?  Any?

30 minutes ago, Beaker said:

If he commits to us, what is the impact on A Martin?  Any?

I would think his commitment would have more impact on Shaun Shivers. I wouldn't imagine that we would take two RB's that were smaller that 5'10.

Archived