Odds and Ends - Around the SEC

gr82b4au

* 3 players are leaving the Vandy program even though they still have eligibility left. They all graduated and are moving on... One starter at LB and 2 back up TEs. One of the TEs was their primary blocker on running plays. I guess if you have a degree from Vandy you may as well move on to greener pastures. 

* Brandon Harris is transferring. I wonder where he will end up? This kid was so good in HS.

* TN WR coach Zach Azzani is going to the NFL (bears). Speaking of TN - I wonder who will be the next AD? Fulmer or Blackburn? It has turned into a heated battle. 

* Ark fans are talking about a state law that would allow guns in the stadium at home games. Now I am sure that it is not true but can you imagine? Watch out refs!

* As far as I can tell, neither Rocker nor DC have ended up on a coaching staff yet. Do you think they would be an analyst for a team? 

52 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

* 3 players are leaving the Vandy program even though they still have eligibility left. They all graduated and are moving on... One starter at LB and 2 back up TEs. One of the TEs was their primary blocker on running plays. I guess if you have a degree from Vandy you may as well move on to greener pastures. 

* Brandon Harris is transferring. I wonder where he will end up? This kid was so good in HS.

* TN WR coach Zach Azzani is going to the NFL (bears). Speaking of TN - I wonder who will be the next AD? Fulmer or Blackburn? It has turned into a heated battle. 

* Ark fans are talking about a state law that would allow guns in the stadium at home games. Now I am sure that it is not true but can you imagine? Watch out refs!

* As far as I can tell, neither Rocker nor DC have ended up on a coaching staff yet. Do you think they would be an analyst for a team? 

Okay, I'm all about the 2nd amendment and love guns but THAT would be INSANE!!!!!

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Ark fans are talking about a state law that would allow guns in the stadium at home games. Now I am sure that it is not true but can you imagine? Watch out refs!

This happens and I will certainly be cancelling my bi-annual trip to Fayetteville for the game.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

As far as I can tell, neither Rocker nor DC have ended up on a coaching staff yet. Do you think they would be an analyst for a team?

Rocker hasn't been out very long. Give him more time. As for Craig... based on what little I've read, I don't see his ego allowing him to take a step back when he feels like he should be taking a step forward. My guess is he sits a year and gets picked up next year, in time to close on some recruits.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Brandon Harris is transferring. I wonder where he will end up? This kid was so good in HS.

So were a large percentage of other QBs who couldn't cut it in college. I think he'll end up as a good but not great QB on a lower level team.

6 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Okay, I'm all about the 2nd amendment and love guns but THAT would be INSANE!!!!!

I'm not  anti guns but take it a step further and also allow alcohol in the stadium during games.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I'm not  anti guns but take it a step further and also allow alcohol in the stadium during games.

Both items are already in the stadiums.  

16 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I'm all for the alcohol (loves my beer at non-campus stadiums) but yes, when you consider the knuckleheads who don't even NEED the sauce to get too bent out of shape at games.... "Got my flask & got my Glock...PLAY BALL!!!". Yikes!

18 hours ago, keesler said:

And weed!  I got high on fumes in Athens last year.

Did that take the sting out of the loss?

On 2/26/2017 at 7:49 AM, AURex said:

How do I insert a picture from my own computer into a post?

You don't.  It has to be hosted online, somewhere. Upload it to some form of social media and then link it.

• 4 weeks later...

What's the over/under on the number of years before somebody gets shot at an Arky game? 2.5?

21 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think they passed that law today in ARK where it is legal to carry a gun in a stadium now. 

The senate amended it to exclude college sporting events.

The first thing I thought was that we'd have the refs on our side for every home game lol. There wasn't really any way to check to see if people with a CC were bringing them in before anyways though, not like we wand people down or make them go through a metal detector. People do sneak a lot of booze in though since we don't sell it except in the suites.

On 3/30/2017 at 0:04 AM, Randman5000 said:

Goodlord...if this passes in Alabama, they'll have a hard time getting refs in Tuscaloser

Tuscaloosa?  They'll never be able to get refs or hired security in Montgomery for the ASU games.  Those Hornets are a rowdy bunch on game day. :yikes:

Archived