FAMU Game

interesting to see all the white guys on the field for an HBC university.  My son who is a white kid played travel ball at 15 for a mostly black organization, Atlanta Blue Jays, and absolutely loved it.  Culture and coaching was so different to what he was used to.  Played up (16U) at a PG event at Jet Blue Park and lost a double header the first day after an all night bus ride. Pulling into the hotel his coach told them "most of you guys need to just go on up to the top floor when we get in...go ahead and jump off". The next day I found a video with him in his boxer shorts running windsprints in the parking lot at about 2:00 am for being up after curfew talking to girls in the lobby.  Those coaches were very passionate, and didn't coddle.

With RPI as important as it is in baseball, you never know what scratching out one win will do for you at the end of the season. Get all the wins you can! Glad to see the offense has been pretty good through the first five games.

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Any way Klobisits is still considered for a starting spot for the weekends?

I thought I heard Butch say this week on the radio that Keegan, Mize, and Daniel would be his weekend rotation. I think that's pretty solid. I'm interested to what happens with the midweek games now. I imagine Gabe gets another start, but if he struggles again, I'm not sure what Butch will do. Maybe Cole moves to that spot. Maybe he works it by committee. Hopefully, Gabe can settle in and be that midweek starter. 

29 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I thought I heard Butch say this week on the radio that Keegan, Mize, and Daniel would be his weekend rotation. I think that's pretty solid. I'm interested to what happens with the midweek games now. I imagine Gabe gets another start, but if he struggles again, I'm not sure what Butch will do. Maybe Cole moves to that spot. Maybe he works it by committee. Hopefully, Gabe can settle in and be that midweek starter. 

I'd hate to see us waste Cole during the week games. We need him on the weekends for either closing or long relief. Maybe Sprinkle can take over 

Archived