Ole Miss

McLoofus

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2016 NOA contained 13 football-related charges. There are now 21 football allegations, eight of which are new. One-year bowl ban.

Ole Miss has been charged with Lack of Institutional Control. The university will contest that charge.

I'may

I'm watching Finebaum and he just said Ole Miss hit with the big one, lack of institutional control. That is the one that will hurt. Finebaum also said Ole Miss plans to fight that charge.

Yep that is bad. Basically they know it is bad and have tried to self impose only one year, but the lack of institutional control appeal is going to make or break that program. If LOIC holds up the NCAA can take away years of post season and reduce recruiting numbers which will cripple them. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep that is bad. Basically they know it is bad and have tried to self impose only one year, but the lack of institutional control appeal is going to make or break that program. If LOIC holds up the NCAA can take away years of post season and reduce recruiting numbers which will cripple them. 

I mean, reading the charges, I'd be surprised if it's that much worse - only because what's already happened is pretty damn bad. 

In either event. Ole Miss is going to be bottom feeding for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Errbody get a copy of the NOA and send it here. 

877625fa43e04e759ffdb9ea0f4168ca.jpg

Hey, that's a great idea! Let's kick them while they're down! War Eagle!

edit: sorry. I'm pissy over this. 

34 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Although, some of these charges are stupid. Kid went hunting on a boosters land? 

Ingram just called Julio and said "Hey, you remember that fishing trip?"

46 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Although, some of these charges are stupid. Kid went hunting on a boosters land? 

Level III violation, so not a biggie - Level III is just a Breach of Conduct. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/new-violation-structure

And its not that he went hunting on the land, its the fact that the football program ARRANGED FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. I don't think the hunting is exactly the problem in that case.

" February 2015, Former Staff Member A initiated and facilitated two boosters having impermissible contact with Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution). It is further alleged that these two boosters provided Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution) with impermissible cash payments during that timeframe and that Former Staff Member A knew about the cash payments. The value of the alleged inducements according to the NCAA is between $13,000 and $15,600. This is charged as a Level I violation. "

Wow...thats a good deal of cash.

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Think Crime Dog wants a job as a defensive analyst?

I believe he had his contract set up in a way that its guarantee financially for three years could be wrong.

Archived