Ole Miss

McLoofus

46 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

" February 2015, Former Staff Member A initiated and facilitated two boosters having impermissible contact with Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution). It is further alleged that these two boosters provided Prospective Student-Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution) with impermissible cash payments during that timeframe and that Former Staff Member A knew about the cash payments. The value of the alleged inducements according to the NCAA is between $13,000 and $15,600. This is charged as a Level I violation. "

Wow...thats a good deal of cash.

So here's my question... does the NCAA know the identity of Student Athlete B (who enrolled at another institution)?  If so, wouldn't that student athlete be ruled ineligible?  Or was a deal struck (like immunity)?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing on Twitter that people are trying to figure out where the kids who took the money and didn't sign with Ole Miss signed with

Wasn't the NCAA interviewing some of our kids pertaining to this case? Because Ole Miss also recruited them? I think there were a few schools involved in this IIRC

I know immunity was granted but I'm curious

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Wasn't the NCAA interviewing some of our kids pertaining to this case? Because Ole Miss also recruited them? I think there were a few schools involved in this IIRC

I know immunity was granted but I'm curious

yes

I wonder if we could get Crime Dog back out of this?  I wonder if coach's contracts generally allow them to bail if the school goes on probation (in this case possibly the death penalty because of the lack of institutional control charge) for something that occurred before the coach was hired?

10 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I wonder if we could get Crime Dog back out of this?  I wonder if coach's contracts generally allow them to bail if the school goes on probation (in this case possibly the death penalty because of the lack of institutional control charge) for something that occurred before the coach was hired?

Crime Dog turned them down a couple of times I would assume he has an iron clad contract set up. Would not expect to see him back at AU also doubt OM gets the death penalty but its not a good time to be an OM fan

I'm torn. I can't stand Ole Miss, but I hate that Bama is untouchable under Saban. Reading the allegations, they have done nothing that Bama doesn't do on a regular basis. From the Dodge Chargers, to players parents getting jobs and homes, to T Town Menswear.  

37 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I'm torn. I can't stand Ole Miss, but I hate that Bama is untouchable under Saban. Reading the allegations, they have done nothing that Bama doesn't do on a regular basis. From the Dodge Chargers, to players parents getting jobs and homes, to T Town Menswear.  

Saban has Emmert by the balls, cuz he can take him down from their time at LSU. Plus, I hate to say it but the REC is a fine oiled machine 

After letting Miami, which I thought would get the death penalty and UNC with their academic fraud and their basketball coach getting away unscathed, at least up to this point, I didn't think their penalties would be anything serious. I guess I was wrong.

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

After letting Miami, which I thought would get the death penalty and UNC with their academic fraud and their basketball coach getting away unscathed, at least up to this point, I didn't think their penalties would be anything serious. I guess I was wrong.

You're not the only one in that boat.  However, if it took this long to level the charges at them (and, as stated above, no mention of the Tunsil allegations) I would assume another two or three years for this case to play out.  

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Or the offensive lineman for the Titans getting free things as reported by Yahoo sports a few years ago. Reliable sources as well on that one. They busted Miami and others and thought they had a big story on Bama and it basically disappeared.

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe he had his contract set up in a way that its guarantee financially for three years could be wrong.

You're our beer drinkin, golf swingin, hottie ogglin, Yoda. You know you're not wrong.

This is a win for the blue bloods. This is a win for the establishment. This is not a win for Auburn.  Anytime a historically dormant program shows any sign of life the cries of they are cheating will be even louder than they were for ole miss. I feel for them I really do. At least they were trying even if they were cheating to change their programs fortune. I can rest easy knowing this will make them go back to being a layup on the schedule like they used to be. Sec West is tough enough as it is.

For those people who gave us crap a few years ago on this board about us questioning what was going on at Ole Miss I got 2 words for ya...

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Hey, that's a great idea! Let's kick them while they're down! War Eagle!

edit: sorry. I'm pissy over this. 

I concur. I'm still upset about how Fineboob and Turd Nation treated us in 2010. I'll never forget our big one under Dye. And I harbor no ill will against Ole Siss. I pray for the best for them. (And for the worst for Dodge Charger U)

One thing is for sure you starting beating Bammer and the NCAA is going to be up your arse with a high powered microscope and ESPN and Fineboob are going to shout it from the mountain top.  

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

You're our beer drinkin, golf swingin, hottie ogglin, Yoda. You know you're not wrong.

I know I was just trying to be humble trust me its hard when your perfect in every way

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

For those people who gave us crap a few years ago on this board about us questioning what was going on at Ole Miss I got 2 words for ya...

giphy.gif

Yep 

Archived