Biggest impact signees

aubiefifty

guys this was a dual thread with turd and auburn players from dreaded site  that was on tigerlandon tigerland. for better or worse i removed the auburn info and pasted it here. it was a lot of work but so many of you are more than worth it! the info is interesting!

AUBURN - Calvin Ashley is the highest-ranked recruit, but give me Jackson-Olin linebacker T.D. Moultry. There's just something special about the way this guy goes about his business, and I think he's a supreme talent as well. He'll succeed either as a linebacker or Carl Lawson's replacement at the BUCK and I think he's a freshman All-SEC player.

For future Auburn LB, gun violence is a way of life

All families of college-bound high schoolers can relate to the stresses and worries related to college entrance exams. In a city so divided socioeconomically, however, being shot while going to take the ACT is something hard to understand for many. But Tadarian Moultry of Jackson-Olin, who is one of Auburn's top recruits, has already been shot once, and so has his older brother. Their uncle was paralyzed in a shooting, and they have many other family connections to gun violence.

Four more to watch: Ashley, running back Devan Barrett, linebacker K.J. Britt, defensive back Malcolm Askew.

Kicker Anders Carlson can be a great one, but his brother Daniel is coming back for his senior season, so Anders' impact won't be made until 2018.

3 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

If it's not, we're in for a VERY disappointing season...

Sean White is very capable of leading this team to a very successful season.  I think he'll have just as much a chance to shine this season as Stidham.  Don't sleep on this guys competitive spirit.  I wouldn't expect a drop off if Sean beats out Stidham.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Sean White is very capable of leading this team to a very successful season.  I think he'll have just as much a chance to shine this season as Stidham.  Don't sleep on this guys competitive spirit.  I wouldn't expect a drop off if Sean beats out Stidham.

I agree, BUT SW has yet to prove he can stay healthy for an entire season. Until he does that, my confidence isn't very high.

18 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Let me start off by saying that I don't believe anybody on here wants Sean not to win the qb position, but we need for him not to win it. Next let me give 3 weaknesses that Sean has that prevents him from being good enough to achieve our (minimal goal) this year of at least 10 reg. season wins.

1. Sean's footwork is horrible when throwing the deep ball, and cost us several wide open td's last year. With the receiving corp we have in place right now, we need someone who can sling the ball all over the field, including deep balls, and Sean has proven not to be the man for that.

2. I personally believe that Sean's height prevents him from seeing over the line of scrimmage at times (short passes) mostly, which keeps us from using the slant effectively along with curls and buttonhooks. He is not effective with the 3 step drop b/c of this, and is forced to take a 5 to 7 step drop, which can throw off timing routes.

3. He has proven that he is not physically capable of withstanding a full season without being injured.

For these 3 main reasons, I feel that if JS or Woody are not good enough to beat out Sean, then we are in for another disappointing 8-9 win season, and it will spell the end of Gus' tenure at AU.

I hope we can get someone to replace Lawson. And not just a body to replace him. I think we have Monte replaced. We have exceptional DLs. I'm not so sure we have someone to replace the pressure Lawson provided. Hopefully TD Moultry can fill that role. Holland isn't bad but doesn't provide the same pressure, not even close. 

I also hope JS walks in and dominates Spring practice. This way we can name a starter around Spring, and JS can get as many reps with the WRs as possible. 

At the same time

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

1. Sean's footwork is horrible when throwing the deep ball, and cost us several wide open td's last year. With the receiving corp we have in place right now, we need someone who can sling the ball all over the field, including deep balls, and Sean has proven not to be the man for that.

This is totally something that can be fixed. He has a new OC and new competition. There is no reason at all to assume that he will walk on the field playing exactly as he did last year.

2. I personally believe that Sean's height prevents him from seeing over the line of scrimmage at times (short passes) mostly, which keeps us from using the slant effectively along with curls and buttonhooks. He is not effective with the 3 step drop b/c of this, and is forced to take a 5 to 7 step drop, which can throw off timing routes.

His height is not an advantage, that's for sure, but his completion percentage tells you that it really isn't hurting his game.

3. He has proven that he is not physically capable of withstanding a full season without being injured.

The exact thing could have said about potential first round pick Carl Lawson, this time last year.

I think if Sean were to win the start it would be because he busted a** in the off season and earned it.  If he does that, the winner of the Iron Bowl will go to Atlanta.

20 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I hope we can get someone to replace Lawson. And not just a body to replace him. I think we have Monte replaced. We have exceptional DLs. I'm not so sure we have someone to replace the pressure Lawson provided. Hopefully TD Moultry can fill that role. Holland isn't bad but doesn't provide the same pressure, not even close. 

I also hope JS walks in and dominates Spring practice. This way we can name a starter around Spring, and JS can get as many reps with the WRs as possible. 

The rumblings are that Coe is the man and with Davidson causing havoc on the other end and Brown/Cowart in the middle, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

The rumblings are that Coe is the man and with Davidson causing havoc on the other end and Brown/Cowart in the middle, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

You are right. I totally spaced Coe. 

12 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time

This is totally something that can be fixed. He has a new OC and new competition. There is no reason at all to assume that he will walk on the field playing exactly as he did last year.

His height is not an advantage, that's for sure, but his completion percentage tells you that it really isn't hurting his game.

The exact thing could have said about potential first round pick Carl Lawson, this time last year.

I think if Sean were to win the start it would be because he busted a** in the off season and earned it.  If he does that, the winner of the Iron Bowl will go to Atlanta.

Not many realize this.  Lawson played 3 seasons. 11 games in his 1st and 12 games his last. With a 7 game stretch in between. So we have 11 year 1, 7 year 2, and 12 year 3.

This time last season, I was a Sean hater. Now... Not so much. He won me over this past season. And with Sean we have 7 games year 1, and 11 year 2.

So going into their 3rd year of eligibility,  Sean and Lawson had played the exact same amount of games. 

However we really shouldn't kid ourselves. The talent level between White and Lawson are worlds different. Granted they play different positions, but Lawson has a next level Sean hasn't shown yet. Lawson showed it year 1. This is why I frankly want JS to walk in and dominate. I then think Sean could be the best backup in America. 

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

However we really shouldn't kid ourselves. The talent level between White and Lawson are worlds different. Granted they play different positions, but Lawson has a next level Sean hasn't shown yet. Lawson showed it year 1. This is why I frankly want JS to walk in and dominate. I then think Sean could be the best backup in America

Don't get me wrong... the only area in which I was comparing Sean to Carl was the ability to stay healthy.  Even if Sean improves his game enough to get drafted,he'll never been in first round talks, if for no other reason than he doesn't have the measurables.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time

Sorry, no.

On 2/24/2017 at 7:05 PM, alexava said:

I have a good feeling about Sal Palentonio. Or whatever the tall wr/te name is. 

Lack of a true TE has been killer. Thanks, Landon! :banghead:

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Lack of a true TE has been killer. Thanks, Landon! :banghead:

Honestly, not sure he wouldve made a difference. We never used Lutz or CJ correctly. CJ could've been an all-time type player if utilized correctly. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Honestly, not sure he wouldve made a difference. We never used Lutz or CJ correctly. CJ could've been an all-time type player if utilized correctly. 

Well we finally agree on something

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, lionheartkc said:

No what? Please explain how anything I said was incorrect without invoking personal opinion.

I have already given 3 valid reasons.

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I have already given 3 valid reasons.

No... you gave three reasons, against each of which I provided valid, logical arguments and your response to those arguments was "no". Is your "no" a "I reject your reality and substitute my own", or are you prepared to lay out some logic as to why my arguments are inaccurate? 

Archived