2018 4* OG Tank Jenkins

ellitor

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Could be wrong but I'd be mildly surprised if he ever becomes a take at this point.

A good example of all 4 stars not being equal.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, CR said:

A good example of all 4 stars not being equal.

They aren't. And iot's also an example of ratings mattering on the macro level not the micro level.

Just now, thaitopher said:

This would be a pretty decent consolation prize after losing Hill.

Just have to actually want him and for us to push for him and he is ours. I think E said something about the staff not being a fit. I will take a NASTY personality on the OL. We need guys like that. Guys like Nick Brahms seem to nice lol

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just have to actually want him and for us to push for him and he is ours. I think E said something about the staff not being a fit. I will take a NASTY personality on the OL. We need guys like that. Guys like Nick Brahms seem to nice lol

I don't know if nasty personality is the fit issue. Both Keith & JLee have vaguely alluded to fit issues & that's not a good sign in terms of a prospect ending up in the class.

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't know if nasty personality is the fit issue. Both Keith & JLee have vaguely alluded to fit issues & that's not a good sign in terms of a prospect ending up in the class.

I mean if oklahoma is after you hard it must not be to big of a issue. I doubt they take any huge character question marks after the joe mixon debacle that they were justifiably crushed for.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

But if Bobby Petrino wants him, we can be confident that he doesn't have ANY character issues right????? ???

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean if oklahoma is after you hard it must not be to big of a issue. I doubt they take any huge character question marks after the joe mixon debacle that they were justifiably crushed for.

Speaking of OU. Guess what. They have 2 college All-Americans they got from the state of Georgia the past couple of years. Guys UGA didn't want.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Speaking of OU. Guess what. They have 2 college All-Americans they got from the state of Georgia the past couple of years. Guys UGA didn't want.

HMMMM it is almost like you are trying to make a point here!!! lol I did not say the 4 stars we have from georgia are not really talented. THEY ABSOLUTELY ARE!!! I just want to win more battles with kirby for the elite ones. And there is nothing wrong with that. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!! 

138909_original.gif

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HMMMM it is almost like you are trying to make a point here!!! lol I did not say the 4 stars we have from georgia are not really talented. THEY ABSOLUTELY ARE!!! I just want to win more battles with kirby for the elite ones. And there is nothing wrong with that. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!! 

138909_original.gif

I'm not roasting you specifically. Just little bit of hysteria from some of our posters after we missed on Trey Hill.

How much stock is the staff going to put in these AL-MS practices that Tank is supposedly tearing up?  Do we need to lock this guy down fast?

11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

How much stock is the staff going to put in these AL-MS practices?

Only the staff can answer that.

12 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Do we need to lock this guy down fast?

Don't know. He's had many chances to be in the class already  but kept changing his mind. Plus he wasn't tearing it up consistently in games this season.

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

How much stock is the staff going to put in these AL-MS practices that Tank is supposedly tearing up?  Do we need to lock this guy down fast?

I think our coaches know what they are doing. We have only six slots left and we don't need immediate help at guard. We already have two guard prospects committed. I don't think we are in any hurry to sign another guard prospect unless he's an unusual talent. (Tre Hill)

11 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Competition is not great from what I can tell.

Yeah. He's going against mid to low 3* DTs in practice right now.

I would love for people to clarify what these personality issues are. People have said the same about the white HB target late in the recruiting stages last year. I guess I believe them but what could possibly be the issue when we also recruited a guy who was fascinated with a doll? 

I also remember when when we were told that we and Florida were both backing off of Jeff Holland for maturity issues well into the fall even though we wanted him to commit in the spring and were estatic that he declared us the leader. Sometimes that crap sounds like sour grapes. Also, cannot forget that Daron Payne was too lazy and wasnt a good fit for our defense. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I would love for people to clarify what these personality issues are. People have said the same about the white HB target late in the recruiting stages last year. I guess I believe them but what could possibly be the issue when we also recruited a guy who was fascinated with a doll? 

I also remember when when we were told that we and Florida were both backing off of Jeff Holland for maturity issues well into the fall even though we wanted him to commit in the spring and were estatic that he declared us the leader. Sometimes that crap sounds like sour grapes. Also, cannot forget that Daron Payne was too lazy and wasnt a good fit for our defense. 

I don't think there's any doubt that we wanted Payne, any gripes would have been sour grapes. In Jenkins's case, however, there is SOME reason that we haven't offered him. Pretty much everybody close to the situation says he would jump on an offer from Auburn should we extend one.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Who was the white HB? 

57 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Had to look it up. Chase Lasater.

Oh same school as Chandler Cox. I vaguely remember his recruitment. 

Wasn't he the dude who wore biker shorts at seemingly every opportunity? He struck me as being a little too Florida/jean-shorts-y for Auburn.

Edit:  He landed down in Boca with Kif and them. That feels like a good fit.

I read where Tank is killing it at the Alabama / Mississippi All Star practice.  I know some are saying there are some personality reasons but if we don't get one of the guys we really want he would be a great backup plan. Remember despite how big he is, he is still a kid a year away from home and some older players and coaches around him to give him guidance and he might mature and become a really great Auburn player.

Archived