2018 4* OG Tank Jenkins

ellitor

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I read where Tank is killing it at the Alabama / Mississippi All Star practice.  I know some are saying there are some personality reasons but if we don't get one of the guys we really want he would be a great backup plan. Remember despite how big he is, he is still a kid a year away from home and some older players and coaches around him to give him guidance and he might mature and become a really great Auburn player.

I think the him killing it at the All star game is overblown. The DTs at the game are low quality. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he will not be on the team in a year or two because of the personality not fitting in, then why bring him in? Our staff has worked hard to get a team that fights for each other.  You have to focus on team chemistry first. 

46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I read where Tank is killing it at the Alabama / Mississippi All Star practice.  I know some are saying there are some personality reasons but if we don't get one of the guys we really want he would be a great backup plan. Remember despite how big he is, he is still a kid a year away from home and some older players and coaches around him to give him guidance and he might mature and become a really great Auburn player.

Here's the thing: (or another thing, as the case may be) We already have two guard prospects committed that the coaches are very happy with. Both are expected to sign with AU next Wednesday. With only six slots left available, do we really want to use one on a third guard?

PS: Yes we would have taken Tre Hill, but Hill is an entirely different level of prospect and it is thought that Hill could convert to a center in college.

I did not see all of the All Star game but Tank got beat a lot that I saw.  He seemed to be a step slow but so did the other O Linemen on the Alabama side. 

6 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Oh same school as Chandler Cox.

Nope. Same school as Holland. Trinity. CC went to Apopka.

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I read where Tank is killing it at the Alabama / Mississippi All Star practice. ...he would be a great backup plan.

If he decided to put that effort into more than just a few all star practices a year it would be nice. He was regularly beaten this year by kids that weren't good talents.

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Irvin thought to be a Center prospect first and foremost?

Not necessarily. They like him at both G & C as they did w/ Trey Hill. He is definitely not a guard only to the staff though.

• 1 month later...

really wish he would of ended up in this class as well. hate it went down like it did.

47 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

really wish he would of ended up in this class as well. hate it went down like it did.

So, who said what? Who is @junior 256? If 256 is Jenkins, then who is the other person? I'm sorry, but this tweet language is meaningless to we that aren't involved in it. Maybe a short explanation after each one of these would help.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

So, who said what? Who is @junior 256? If 256 is Jenkins, then who is the other person? I'm sorry, but this tweet language is meaningless to we that aren't involved in it. Maybe a short explanation after each one of these would help.

Totally with you!  Apparently Coynis Miller has been trolling a few recruits and giving them crap about not coming to AU.  I am no expert linguist or anything.  Just picking that up from a couple of other threads where someone has pasted and said it was CM.

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

lol coynis is quote tweeting tank saying he wishes he would of ended up at auburn.

24 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Totally with you!  Apparently Coynis Miller has been trolling a few recruits and giving them crap about not coming to AU.  I am no expert linguist or anything.  Just picking that up from a couple of other threads where someone has pasted and said it was CM.

that would be MUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! lets go heel75! lol

Has tank committed to another team?  I thought he was still open. Some Crystal balls are pointing him our way. I will double check to make sure.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Has tank committed to another team?  I thought he was still open. Some Crystal balls are pointing him our way. I will double check to make sure.

Bot an AU target. I could probably move the thread to the Rivals section.

6 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I took it as a RT of understanding & not trolling.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

He does not have an Auburn offer. He'll be heading elsewhere.

Some of the crystals are starting to come in for tank to ole miss.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

So the kid is a masochist.

tenor.gif?itemid=9210942

I do not think this kid had his own thread so I will just stash this here.

Archived