Jake Tapper Nails White House Barring Of Media With 1 Perfect Word

homersapien

Hey, I know who Jake Trapper is now!   ;D  

But I am surprised that Raptor thinks so much of him.

The White House on Friday blocked several major media organizations, including The New York Times, CNN and The Huffington Post, from attending an off-camera press briefing, held in lieu of the daily televised news conference.

And CNN anchor Jake Tapper did not take the unprecedented move lightly.

Before his report on President Donald Trump’s speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference, Tapper took some time on CNN’s “The Lead” to break down why it’s such a problem that the White House barred certain media. 

“Let’s not make any mistake about what’s happening here,” Tapper said. 

“It’s not acceptable. In fact, it’s petulant,” he continued. He suggested the White House has difficulty telling the truth and referenced Trump calling the press the “enemy of the American people.”

Tapper then used White House press secretary Sean Spicer’s own words against him, cutting to a 2016 quote from Spicer promising that the White House wouldn’t ban media from government access.

“I think that’s what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship,” Spicer said in December.

Then, Tapper boiled it all down to the Trump administration’s values.

“The White House does not seem to respect the idea of accountability. This White House does not seem to value an independent press,” he said.

“There is a word for that line of thinking,” Tapper concluded. “The word is un-American.”

Watch Tapper’s message below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jake-tapper-white-house-media-un-american_us_58b0d79ae4b0780bac299f75?68zymuealwtg8k6gvi&

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, because presidents have never had meetings only with the outlets they wanted to speak to....you guys just can't get out of your own way....Homey, I would recommend Google to find all the times previous presidents picked their press audience....oh, but now it's news because?....the dimensia runs unabated. ...

40 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Yeah, because presidents have never had meetings only with the outlets they wanted to speak to....you guys just can't get out of your own way....Homey, I would recommend Google to find all the times previous presidents picked their press audience....oh, but now it's news because?....the dimensia runs unabated. ...

Clueless and cocky, as usual.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Parker9_/status/835325870378188802/video/1

11 hours ago, japantiger said:

I don't recall any president or administration holding a general press conference and then picking a handfull of the agencies who could not attend.

Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Thanks to you Raptor. ;D

And you don't even remember why I brought Jake Tapper up in the first place, do you ? 

3 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Since the right seems to be so fond of the pivot, I'll bust that move.

If Obama had excluded Fox News all you conservatives would have lost your sh!t. 

http://thepoliticalinsider.com/barack-obama-to-censor-fox-news/

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

He recognized, as any informed person would, that Fox News was run from its inception by a Republican propagandist that had been planning Republican TV since working for Nixon. Those are facts. While they all suck in their own way, there is no analog to Fox News. They are Breitbart in a suit.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He recognized, as any informed person would, that Fox News was run from its inception by a Republican propagandist that had been planning Republican TV since working for Nixon. Those are facts. While they all suck in their own way, there is no analog to Fox News. They are Breitbart in a suit.

So you are giving a pass to Obama, but not Trump? How partisan of you. I am shocked tex.

28 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

How about posting a link that PROVES Obama banned them from a press briefing, along with other conservative media outlets rather than one that suggests he wanted to censor them. I'll wait. 

11 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

How about posting a link that PROVES Obama banned them from a press briefing, along with other conservative media outlets rather than one that suggests he wanted to censor them. I'll wait. 

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Again, show me where he banned them from a press briefing. He had a problem with Fox, understandably. One network. But they were not banned from press briefings. 

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

Again, show me where he banned them from a press briefing. He had a problem with Fox, understandably. One network. But they were not banned from press briefings. 

They tried to exclude FOX but other networks protested it so they backed off and let FOX be included.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you are giving a pass to Obama, but not Trump? How partisan of you. I am shocked tex.

IF Obama did what Trump did I'd be appalled. But being a reasonably objective person of at least average intelligence who isn't easily taken in by con men, I know they didn't.

46 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

They tried to exclude FOX but other networks protested it so they backed off and let FOX be included.

Pool coverage for a particular person at Treasury and then relented is the claim-- even if true, no real comparison. But here's more info on that:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mediaite.com/columnists/foxs-white-house-bans-fox-news-story-completely-unravels/amp/

52 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Tried. Not did. Trump barred several new outlets. He calls the press the enemy of the people. He calls Amy news organization fake that doesn't stroke his ego. 

7 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Tried. Not did. Trump barred several new outlets. He calls the press the enemy of the people. He calls Amy news organization fake that doesn't stroke his ego. 

Move the goal posts. You said:

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

He did ban FOX but was unsuccessful because the rest of press saw it as an attack on FOX and thought it "crossed the line". I guess you shouldn't have a problem now with Trump's refugee ban since you know, he tried but wasn't able to do it. ;)

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Move the goal posts. You said:

He did ban FOX but was unsuccessful because the rest of press saw it as an attack on FOX and thought it "crossed the line". I guess you shouldn't have a problem now with Trump's refugee ban since you know, he tried but wasn't able to do it. ;)

He tried and the press had a problem with it, so he didn't is equal to Trump actually DOING IT? 

Obama did not ban press from a briefing. Trump did. You may be ok with fascism. I'm not. 

20 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Pool coverage for a particular person at Treasury and then relented is the claim-- even if true, no real comparison. But here's more info on that:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mediaite.com/columnists/foxs-white-house-bans-fox-news-story-completely-unravels/amp/

Here's a better version:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-fox-news-boy_n_331437.html

The video I posted came straight from that article. CBS's Chip Reid corroborated FOX's version by saying the networks said: "that's it, you've crossed the line".

As for the White House, it continued its confrontational tone with Fox News while also denying any attempt to bar them from yesterday’s interview, TPMDC reports:

“This White House has demonstrated our willingness to exclude Fox News from newsmaking interviews, but yesterday we did not,” said White House spokesman Josh Earnest

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Here's a better version:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/23/white-houses-fox-news-boy_n_331437.html

The video I posted came straight from that article. CBS's Chip Reid corroborated FOX's version by saying the networks said: "that's it, you've crossed the line".

Read the article I linked to. And Ask Chip Reid if there's a real comparison here.

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Read the article I linked to.

I did.

You and Elle both claimed the Obama administration never excluded or banned FOX. Regardless of whether it was that particular incident, which the details at the time weren't fully explained until later, the white house acknowledged that they've excluded FOX from newsmaking interviews.

“This White House has demonstrated our willingness to exclude Fox News from newsmaking interviews, but yesterday we did not.”

It's still moving the goalposts to act like Obama never did it or tried to do it.

Archived