Baker Mayfield arrested

Maverick.AU

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18764103/oklahoma-sooners-quarterback-baker-mayfield-arrested

Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Baker Mayfield was arrested early Saturday morning in Arkansas.

He was charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and fleeing, according to the Washington County (Ark.) sheriff's office.

Mayfield was booked at 9:21 a.m. ET. He faces an April 7 court date for the public intoxication charge, according to the sheriff's office.

"We are aware of the matter and are learning the details," the university said in a statement. "We don't have any other information at this time."

Baker announced in December that he would return for his senior season.

He was charged with public intoxication, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and fleeing, according to the Washington County (Ark.) sheriff's office.

We need to be recruiting whoever caught him and took him down.

17 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Ban him from the combine!!!!

It does seem to be the fashion these days.

Also, I'm sure we can expect a hit piece on Bob Stoops any day now...

3 hours ago, rtftiger said:

Someone please put a police hat on Lawson's head and a bottle in Baker's hand.

image.jpg

Can't- Lawson is still running in circles in New Orleans trying to catch him as we speak.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Cannot believe how stupid some of these kids are. It is ridiculously easy to get through college without getting arrested.

I did trust me it me it was a miracle

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Getting through college?

Hell that was easy not getting arrested was a miracle.....well actually I was but it didn't count.....long story

Damn, where were those police officers when we needed them on Jan 2?  Who coached them up so they could tackle Mayfield?

wde

39 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Damn, where were those police officers when we needed them on Jan 2?  Who coached them up so they could tackle Mayfield?

wde

Well he was drunk :drink9:

21 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Cannot believe how stupid some of these kids are. It is ridiculously easy to get through college without getting arrested.

Not anymore. Getting arrested in college is like getting a ticket these days- not like it used to be

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Well he was drunk :drink9:

Damn good point.  Rodney Garner should have found a way to spike Mayfield's Mayfield juice so our DL could have tackled him. To be non-PC, how did that saltine cracker embarrass our faster, stronger, more athletic DL that night? Could it have been better coaching on both sides of the ball?  Not trying to get banned, just trying to start conversation during a slow time of the year.

wde 

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Not anymore. Getting arrested in college is like getting a ticket these days- not like it used to be

Well... the laws haven't changed, so what does that tell you about the kids?

30 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

They're not as good at not getting caught?   Or....can't think quickly when they do get caught. 

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

The laws may not have changed, but law enforcement's fervor enforcing said laws sure has. No way kids today could get away with things we did 35 years ago without going to jail. I had Auburn cops pull me over leaving the Supper Club at 2 am. before, `only to laugh at me, and tell me to be very careful, and go straight home, because of my intoxicated state. No way that happens today. Had a cop pull  me over in Panama City one night, and let me go after I told him I had been drinking most of the day. He let my buddy change seats with me, and drive. He was actually more inebriated than I was. I understand that I was totally in the wrong, and many people are killed by drunk drivers every year, but doesn't change the fact that kids today get locked up today for far less than  what we did. I never heard of anyone getting arrested back then for public intoxication, unless they were fighting, or really causing a major disturbance.

3 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

The laws may not have changed, but law enforcement's fervor enforcing said laws sure has. No way kids today could get away with things we did 35 years ago without going to jail. I had Auburn cops pull me over leaving the Supper Club at 2 am. before, `only to laugh at me, and tell me to be very careful, and go straight home, because of my intoxicated state. No way that happens today. Had a cop pull  me over in Panama City one night, and let me go after I told him I had been drinking most of the day. He let my buddy change seats with me, and drive. He was actually more inebriated than I was. I understand that I was totally in the wrong, and many people are killed by drunk drivers every year, but doesn't change the fact that kids today get locked up today for far less than  what we did. I never heard of anyone getting arrested back then for public intoxication, unless they were fighting, or really causing a major disturbance.

Hammer. Nail.

there is  a supposed video of baker getting body slammed but i am having puter issues so i could not get it to play. plus i have no idea how to post videos so i am hoping someone else will maybe post it? it was on the sec board of the rant. npt tryiong to give them advertisement but i would love to see the video and if it really is him.

19 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Best tackler in Fayetteville IMO

6 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I guess I just don't get the mentality that someone with a huge future ahead of him would even put himself in that position. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's not hard to not break the rules, especially when you have so much to gain.

Of all of my friends in college at Auburn, I think I can name 2 who actually did anything that the police could even consider arresting someone over, and even then there was no violence and no ones health or life was in danger. We went out, had a good time, etc, but there was always a driver, there were always a guy or two to help you steer clear of danger, and whenever we did something that was harmless but stupid, there were always quality lookouts. 

Oh... and for the record, when I was in school in the 90s, there were quite a few public intoxication arrests.  That was when a bar couldn't stay open in Auburn for more than 6 months before the city found a reason to shut it down. The Supper Club only survived because it was outside the city limits.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's not hard to not break the rules

For you. 

Not saying Mayfield isn't a knucklehead- I got the distinct impression during the bowl game that he absolutely is- but you can't make a blanket statement like that. People grow up under infinite circumstances and battle infinite demons.

Jerry Sandusky's son is a child molester. Why? Almost certainly because his dad molested him. Turns out it wasn't that easy for him not to molest kids, too. Not saying it's okay, obviously, but you're wrong to say that it's easy for everybody to walk the straight and narrow. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For you. 

Not saying Mayfield isn't a knucklehead- I got the distinct impression during the bowl game that he absolutely is- but you can't make a blanket statement like that. People grow up under infinite circumstances and battle infinite demons.

Jerry Sandusky's son is a child molester. Why? Almost certainly because his dad molested him. Turns out it wasn't that easy for him not to molest kids, too. Not saying it's okay, obviously, but you're wrong to say that it's easy for everybody to walk the straight and narrow. 

Admittedly a huge character flaw on my part.  I have serious trouble putting myself in the shoes of others when it comes to understanding, coping, etc. If it makes sense to me, it's hard for me to imagine it not making sense to others.

I will say, I never got the impression that Mayfield was a knucklehead... an a**, definitely, but he came across as smart to me... just totally full of himself.

It does seem to be a trend when it comes to the best QBs. It also speaks to the way Stoops runs his team. There's no way he doesn't know the personalities of his players, and not keeping a reign on the key to your team's success is just stupid... but we already knew that character isn't a priority for Stoops.

Archived