Softball vs. James Madison - game thread

WarTiger

No tv for this one today.   Auburn hosting James Madison.  James Madison comes in ranked #13 I believe. 

Lineup for Auburn:

Wallace
Cooper
Fagan
Veach
Shea
Greenwood
Rivera
McCrackin
Draper

Kaylee Carlson pitching.

JM gets another runner on with a walk, but Carlson gets the batter with strike 3 looking and that ends the top 1st.   Auburn coming to bat.   Wallace, Cooper and Fagan

leadoff single for JM but Carlson shuts them down after that.   Going to the bottom 2nd, Shea, Greenwood and Rivera coming up.  Let's get some runs.

Grounder to 1st , 1 out.

Bunt down the 3rd base side, Cooper bare hands it and throws to 1st with McCrackin covering and the baserunner runs over McCrackin, ball gets away from her and the runner ends up on 2nd base.   Error charged to Cooper on the play.

I thought the radio announcer said Auburn had 4 errors on the day after this play.  I know that is Cooper's 4th error on the season.  that must be what he meant, I saw no errors in the box score for the Yale game.

Got phone call that took me away from game.  JM got runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out but Auburn gets a double play to end the inning.   Nothing for Auburn in the bottom 3rd.  In the top 4th, Carlson sets them down in order.   Bottom half of the 4th has Fagan, Veach and Shea coming up.  Let's get some runs Auburn.

4 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I thought the radio announcer said Auburn had 4 errors on the day after this play.  I know that is Cooper's 4th error on the season.  that must be what he meant, I saw no errors in the box score for the Yale game.

We had 3 errors in the Yale game

Veach struck out looking.  1 out.  Shea up.   Shea sends one HIGH and DEEP to right and its GONE.... Auburn leads 2-0

Rivera pops one up on the left side in foul territory to end the inning.  After 4 complete, Auburn leads 2-0 off the home run by Courtney Shea.

Carlson and the Auburn defense sets them down in order.  7 in a row set down by Carlson.    Going to the bottom 5th, McCrackin, Draper and Wallace up

Archived