Softball vs. James Madison - game thread

WarTiger

Wallace bloops one to shallow left....shortstop goes back and its off her glove and drops. Draper takes off for 3rd and throw to third gets away just enough to allow Wallace to advance to 2nd.   Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out for Kasey Cooper.

Cooper down 0-2 battles back to even the count at 3-2 and she rips one to right and it drops for a hit and Wallace and Draper score, Cooper with a 2 RBI single and Auburn leads 4-0.  Haley Fagan up after a pitching change by James Madison.

JM gets a runner to 3rd but Carlson comes back and gets a strike out looking to end the top 6th.  Auburn leads 4-0 as we move to the bottom 6th..    Shea, Greenwood and Podany due up for Auburn.

Podany singles to left and catches the JM defense napping and slides in safely at 2nd.  Casey McCrackin up.    McCrackin lays a bunt down and throw not in time.  Runners on 1st and 3rd after McCrackin drops a bunt down the 1st base line.

1 out single for James Madison.  Carlson comes back and gets a strikeout for out #2.  That's her 7th strikeout in the game.  

Carlson gets a strikeout looking to end the game.  FINAL  Auburn defeats James Madison 4-0.    Auburn plays James Madison again tomorrow at 1PM.  WAR EAGLE!!!!!

WarTiger....I am a lurker and never post. However, I wanted to thank you for the commentary on these and other games. It is so nice to have a place to follow.  I even follow here at times when the game is on tv or watch espn (superstitious when games are close!!!) Thanks again. You are much appreciated!

41 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Wow. No runs again. This team coming around quickly. Big win. Hate these games aren't on WatchESPN. 

Tomorrow's game at 1 is on WatchESPN.  Looking forward to it.  Just looked back at last year, and we had a string of six consecutive shutouts about this time.  None of the opponents were of James Madison's caliber, however.  Very efficient win today 

Archived