2018 5* LB Teradja Mitchell

ellitor

4_5029770.jpg

Virginia Beach, VA (Bishop Sullivan Catholic)

Ht 6-2

Wt 232

247 Profile

Offers include AU, FSU, Bama, LSU, tOSU, Clemson, UGA, Florida, Michigan, ND, OU, Penn St., Stanford, Vols, & USC

Visited AU Sunday 2/26/17 & had glowing remarks for AU & T-Will in a VIP article on AU 247.

His class rankling speaks for itself. He obviously loves contact. A fantastic addition to any team. 

If T-Will can get him signed with AU  he would instantly become the top recruiter on the staff,if he is not already.But I'm expecting big things from T-Will anyway,LBer will not continue being a weak position as long as he is at AU.IMO

It would also be great to open up the Tidewater area of Virginia to Auburn. There has been a lot of talent out of this area.

Thread title already needs updating. TM just got a 40 spot bump by Rivals making him a composite 5* when the database gets updated.

22 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Any possible issues pulling him out of the area from VT especially after they snagged S - D. Hunter?

They only got Hunter because Crimedog left AU. FSU is believed to be the favorite for TM right now.

11 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Would love to get this guy paired with Moultry

This cat is better then Moultry.  Highlights look like a fast Mike Singletary. DO WANT!

@bigbird any comments on his leverage at point of attack?

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

This cat is better then Moultry.  Highlights look like a fast Mike Singletary. DO WANT!

Right but Moultry is damn good too. They both have really good closing speed. I could just see Moultry as a good edge rusher with this guy being the run stopper up the middle.

14 hours ago, corchjay said:

He plays inside-out really well. You don't see him overpursuing or getting cutback on. He uses the sideline well as the extra defender. He does get beat to the edge a couple times, but takes really good angles and the speed to minimize it. It looks, to me, that he has a tendency to take on blocks with the wrong shoulder within the traffic, but gets away with it due to his athleticism.  I love his acceleration into and through the tackle. To me, he plays a little high when attacking the LOS, but that will get fixed. 

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He plays inside-out really well. You don't see him overpursuing or getting cutback on. He uses the sideline well as the extra defender. He does get beat to the edge a couple times, but takes really good angles and the speed to minimalize it. It looks, to me, that he has a tendency to take on blocks with the wrong shoulder within the traffic, but gets away with it due to his athleticism.  I love his acceleration into and through the tackle. To me, he plays a little high when attacking the LOS, but that will get fixed. 

But can he throw the deep ball? >:D

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

He plays inside-out really well. You don't see him overpursuing or getting cutback on. He uses the sideline well as the extra defender. He does get beat to the edge a couple times, but takes really good angles and the speed to minimize it. It looks, to me, that he has a tendency to take on blocks with the wrong shoulder within the traffic, but gets away with it due to his athleticism.  I love his acceleration into and through the tackle. To me, he plays a little high when attacking the LOS, but that will get fixed. 

That is a problem i see with Moultry at times. I wish he could be going through spring practice right now.

6 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

That is a problem i see with Moultry at times. I wish he could be going through spring practice right now.

Moultry has only played 1 year of football to this point. For him to be as good as he is & learned as much as he has is impressive. I think he only needs a summer to get that tendency out of him.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Moultry has only played 1 year of football to this point. For him to be as good as he is & learned as much as he has is impressive. I think he only needs a summer to get that tendency out of him.

One year at LBer. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

One year at LBer. 

Only 2 years total. !0th grade was at Safety. He missed football in 11th grade due to the gun shot.

17 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I wonder how badly the new "defenseless player" rules for high schools that WarTiger posted are going to effect a kid like this's game? 

I didn't notice him wildly spearing guys so probably not much.  He's just very physical like @fredst described Violent

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I didn't notice him wildly spearing guys so probably not much.  He's just very physical like @fredst described Violent

The issue is that they have labeled everyone who hasn't been running with the ball for at least a few steps "defenseless", including someone who is wrapped up by another defender, a QB during his throwing motion, a receiver directly after a catch, etc... so hitting the mesh point, finishing a tackle of a guy who's wrapped up, hitting a receiver right as he catches the ball, etc can draw a flag now.

To me, that means "violent" players are going to have to tone it down in high school or risk a lot of flags.

Let's not get this derailed into a targeting thread. Stay focused on Mitchell's recruitment peeps.

Archived