2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

Update (8/17/17): Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!

223072.jpg&w=190&h=254
Matthew Hill, WR
Snellville, GA (Brookwood)
Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 175 | 40: 4.60

• Recruiter: Travis Williams
  • Unofficial Visits to AU: 7/13/17, 6/03/17, 4/08/17, 1/28/17, 9/03/16 (Clemson game)
  • Auburn beat South Carolina and Alabama for the commit
  • Bench: 285 | Squat: 475 | 100 Meter Dash: 10.7 | 400 Meter Dash: 51.21

247 Sports: 4*
ESPN: 4* (ESPN300)
Scout: 4*
Rivals: 4*

"Auburn has always been a school I liked and all that, but at first, Tennessee was my favorite," said Hill. "Once the communication picked up between Auburn and I in the spring of my junior year, Auburn really started to be the favorite.

"In my mind, I decided it was Auburn on Big Cat weekend. I went ahead and visited Alabama and South Carolina to just make sure I was not missing anything.

"I really have known for a little while now, so it feels great to be committed to Auburn now."

https://n.rivals.com/news/matthew-hill-follows-heart-commits-to-auburn

Offers: Auburn, Alabama, Appalachian State, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio State, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee and UCF, among others.

WHAT AUBURN IS GETTING: If you watch the 6-foot-2, 185-pound Hill's highlights, you notice his instincts and physicality for having a rather wiry frame, not to mention his speed. The 185 pounds could be generous, but the good weight will come.

Hill just finds the ball, either at its highest point or as defensive back. He has long arms and wins the ball in traffic. He does need to add a little bit more strength to play snap after snap, but the frame is there.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/what_wr_matthew_hills_commitme.html

HUDL Highlights

IMG_1926.JPG

SECCountry Interview

Another top wide receiver option

Matthew Hill’s final decision remains in the distant future. He will have plenty of suitors.

Hill already has 16 offers from the following schools: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Rutgers, South Carolina, Tennessee and UCF. Most likely, his final pick will come from that group, not any late added offers.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound wide receiver hasn’t laid out a top group, but so far Auburn finds itself in good position.

“It’s just a great spot to be in,” Hill said. “They’re about family. No matter if you’re injured or not, they’re still going to treat you like you’re their son. They’re always going to be there for you. It’s just a good coaching staff in general.”

While he doesn’t have a top group, Auburn, Florida State and South Carolina look like early favorites, if you follow the visits.

Hill visited the Tigers in January and donned a full Auburn pullover and had a Tigers’ lanyard, so that pro-Auburn wardrobe should be considered a positive sign.

Matthew-Hill-Jesse-Simonton
Brookwood wideout Matthew Hill (Jesse Simonton/SEC Country)

Auburn’s biggest influence on Hill so far has been his relationship with coaches. Travis Williams initiated contact with Hill, but it has been wide receiver coach Kodi Burns who has taken over recently.

“He’s an alumni from here. He’s a young coach. Since he’s an alumni from here, he knows what’s best,” Hill said.

Hill hasn’t had full sit-down time with new offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey, but the pair have gotten to know each other. Lindsey gave Hill confidence that wide receivers will be a more integral part of the offense in 2017, which will likely have strong quarterback play.

Hill, like many other receiver prospects, mentioned the addition of Jarrett Stidham to add competition to the quarterback room.

“They’ve struggled in the quarterback spot. That’s been the downfall of Auburn,” Hill said. “They finally got the guy from Baylor, so maybe there’s more hope for Auburn in the future there.”

He expects to return for spring practice and games in the fall.

Edited by ellitor

Nice hands. He can catch it in traffic too. I like everything about him except that one of his favorites might be FSU and his uniform would stay the same if he played for FSU. Hopefully he is ready for a change in color. 

• 4 weeks later...

Key WR target talks Tigers, commitment timetable

Auburn is a major player for 4-star receiver target Matthew Hill of Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood. There is little doubt about that.

He grew up a Tigers fan. He is extremely close with the coaching staff.

“They’re great over there,” Hill said. “Coach (Gus) Malzahn, he’s a great guy. And he’s very honest. So if you say you want to play receiver and he doesn’t think you’re a receiver he’s going to tell you. With receivers coach Kodi Burns, he’s a young guy so I know he knows what he’s talking about because he just came out of college football. He’s going to know the development that we need to have to go to the next level.”

The 6-feet-2, 175-pound Hill is the No. 28 receiver nationally in the 247Sports Composite. He’s also a major Auburn target.
Hill most recently visited the Tigers in January.

Florida, Florida State, South Carolina and Tennessee are among the other programs also heavily in the mix.

With the Tigers, Hill seems excited about the future of the offense.

“They definitely told me they’re going to become a passing team because of the new quarterback they’re getting,” Hill said. “With the new quarterback coming in they said he’s going to be a good (player). He’s going to impact the team a lot.”

According to Hill, he hopes to be on campus again soon.

“They want me to get up there for the spring game and maybe a practice or two,” Hill said. “And I think they want me up there for a camp.”

When might a commitment come for Hill?

“I hope to be committed definitely before the season starts,” Hill said.

To learn more about Auburn’s recruitment of Hill — and what he had to say about the other schools standing out, click play below.

On 3/22/2017 at 3:52 PM, ellitor said:

This kid is a stud and just admitted what we all already knew about the QB position. 

I am digging the salad up top this young man has! This could a all time all hair class with gatewood and if we get hill! haha.

This kid really seems to be liking Kodi, and he looks like a rangy wide-out that could fit in well with what CCL wants for his offense. Kids like him who grow up AU fans need to be reeled in.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Per BMatt on The Drive Radio show Hill will be in AU with Fields & Kearis this week.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Per BMatt on The Drive Radio show Hill will be in AU with Fields & Kearis this week.

Wow, lock the doors!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

...and hope they don't have blasters.

Nice Star Wars reference worked in there :bow:

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

...and hope they don't have blasters.

I have the gif for it.

61330bbd-2931-4240-98cf-f6ea13871612_tex

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I already think hill is a lock..How many wr's do we need in this class?

Not sure how many we need but the plan is to take 3, maybe 4.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

I already think hill is a lock..How many wr's do we need in this class?

EASY EASY!!!! a lock in auburn recruiting?! NO SUCH THING fam! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not sure how many we need but the plan is to take 3, maybe 4.

Ok Jackson, Hill, and Ross.... not bad if Kearis wants to come along fine.

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

EASY EASY!!!! a lock in auburn recruiting?! NO SUCH THING fam! lol

In this case I sure think so.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

In this case I sure think so.

GWill is right. Not much in AU recruiting is a lock, especially when a guy is not committed yet.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

GWill is right. Not much in AU recruiting is a lock, especially when a guy is not committed yet.

you only have to go back to well............... this class to see that! haha.  Until a guy officially announces for AU I remain skeptical. Monday is a testament to that just for this class........

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

So we can call Hill a heavy lean for AU?  I'm good with that.  

Also, can we make a rule that no one mentions Monday again unless he changes his mind and is seriously considering AU again?  It's just too depressing. ?

(Jk Gwill!?)

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So we can call Hill a heavy lean for AU?  I'm good with that.  

Also, can we make a rule that no one mentions Monday again unless he changes his mind and is seriously considering AU again?  It's just too depressing. ?

(Jk Gwill!?)

Monday Monday Monday Monday Monday

Monday 

Monday 

Monday

???

Trying to give you nightmares. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Monday Monday Monday Monday Monday

Monday 

Monday