2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

big time for our highest ranked commit. Suprised it took so long.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Suprised it took so long.

I'm not. ESPN has 18 WRs rated higher than him & they pick the players for their game.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not. ESPN has 18 WRs rated higher than him & they pick the players for their game.

why are we not suprised that you are not suprised?! lol you are so humble!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Lol. Humility or arrogance has nothing to do with my post.

All I am saying is you do not ALWAYS have to prove how much you know! We know you know your stuff. You do not have to constantly show us. We are very well aware!!! lol but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GO FAM!!!!!! this is about Matthew Hill and his great accomplishment!!! CONGRATS!!! big time accomplishment. WAR DAMN MATTHEW HILL!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

tenor.gif?itemid=4384522

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

All I am saying is you do not ALWAYS have to prove how much you know! We know you know your stuff. You do not have to constantly show us. We are very well aware!!! lol

Wasn't trying to show how much I know. I just looked up his ESPN position ranking after he was selected for the game & shared my opinion based off that ranking.

And I am very happy for him he will be in that game & in those practices with the best competition in the country.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I see you using those The Office gifs.  I approve.

CBA5BF34-C720-4975-A554-25E1C9F56655.gif

WOW!!!! it is a rarity seeing you around these crutin parts!!! What do we owe this pleasure to?! for you to grace us with a cameo?! lol

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I see you using those The Office gifs.  I approve.

The gifs are a lot better than the show for sure.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOW!!!! it is a rarity seeing you around these crutin parts!!! What do we owe this pleasure to?! for you to grace us with a cameo?! lol

Oh I am on the recruiting section almost everyday.  I just rarely post here as I don't have much info to add, nor do I have a Twitter to follow these recruits.  People on Facebook who make status' every 5 minutes annoy me, so I never saw the point in joining a social network that is dedicated to those people.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

The gifs are a lot better than the show for sure.

How dare you.

ill_kill_you_office.gif

Not sure Under Armor still does this, but the last few positions are "vote-ins".  Truly they select some great players and then post a bracket until there are only one or two left.   Looks like any other ordinary bracket.    My son had a teammate get to Orlando as one of the last 2 players selected in that manner.

I hate how Matthew seems to be confused about Auburn and Clemson.  I really hope we don't lose another kid who grew up an Auburn fan... I personally just had to give my 15 yr old nephew UGA crap for Xmas because his mother has successfully taken the Auburn out of him...she told me I couldn't have both of her sons hating UGA...Damn!! 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah it’s stupid to even call him committed at this point. I have a feeling that if Dabo whispers in his ear that he wants Hill as a WR, not safety, that Hill would commit on the spot.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

This is exactly why I said he was not committed to Auburn when he did not sign last week.  This has nothing to do with possible staff changes or anything else that has been thrown out there.  If the early signing period stays in it's current format moving forward then Auburn or any other school had better start looking at others to fill the spots if they are not on board.  Sounds cruel to some on here for the kids but this is a business.  You have a spot guaranteed until early signing day.  After Wednesday we would love to have you but if another target wants to sign early on Thursday or Friday then we will take him.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

IDK how you could go to the georgia and iron bowl with those atmospheres and at least as a AU commit how that does not solidify your commitment? Makes no sense. He is not vocal about AU on twitter. He does not seem to be close to any of our commits. Seems like he has distanced himself. At this point I view Schwartz more committed than him. That guy loves him some AU. He is always having pro AU content on his page. Dabo is just becoming one of those forces of nature in recruiting. If he can flip a guy who is a awesome WR and convince him to go to clemson and play safety? Yah there was nothing we could do to keep the guy. That is a hard sell. I cannot believe he is entertaining it honestly.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dabo's flipped a top 10 OT committed to Ohio St who is from Ohio. By most accounts he leads for Ross from Central Phenix City who Bama really wants. He has truly turned Clemson into an elite program which Clemson has never been before. I'm not saying Hill ends up there, but it wouldn't be a total shocker the way Clemson has pulled players recently. I'm still stunned AU was able to land Monday when most everyone had him pegged for Clemson.

Statistically, 90% of guys who commit stick with their original school. That means 10% don't. With 20 original guys committed this time, I guess we could expect 2 to flip to elsewhere. Maybe we can flip two this way? In any case, with all the visits this Hill guy has made here, met players and seen games, if he's still waffling maybe Auburn isn't the place for him.

Enough is enough, if he's still looking around we should be looking around too. If we can land one of either Ross or Schwartz we'll be set at WR anyway.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Statistically, 90% of guys who commit stick with their original school. That means 10% don't. With 20 original guys committed this time, I guess we could expect 2 to flip to elsewhere. Maybe we can flip two this way? In any case, with all the visits this Hill guy has made here, met players and seen games, if he's still waffling maybe Auburn isn't the place for him.

Enough is enough, if he's still looking around we should be looking around too. If we can land one of either Ross or Schwartz we'll be set at WR anyway.

He was/is? the second best WR we have "committed" behind Seth Williams and the best route runner arguably with Bo's nephew so it would still be a loss and hurt but yah I HAAAAAAAAAATE having to agree with you lol but yah if going to the majority of the home games after you committed in August and supposedly being a lifelong AU fan does not solidify you and make you want to sign in december and you are holding off? I think you may be right. He is the only top 100 player we have committed and our highest ranked commit in turn. It would not be a good look and it is a ego thing most of all why I want to keep him. But yah it really has rubbed me the wrong way for awhile that he has not been actively recruiting for us and gelling with our commits like joey g, shivers and others have. 

Edited by GwillMac6

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

In any case, with all the visits this Hill guy has made here, met players and seen games, if he's still waffling maybe Auburn isn't the place for him.

Grant has made a good point, if any commit can attend this past amen corner and not solidify their status as committed, they aren’t committed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1