2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. I am still in shock from the Saints and Vikings game. My Saints went down in a blaze of glory. I thought that when the score was 17-0, we were for all intents an purposes DOA. 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth. I am still in shock from the Saints and Vikings game. My Saints went down in a blaze of glory. I thought that when the score was 17-0, we were for all intents an purposes DOA. 

That last play looked like something I get in Madden every now and then lol

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

GRR! Still haven't watched the game yet.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

GRR! Still haven't watched the game yet.

Did not mean to spoil the fun!

27 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So...does it look like we survived his visit to Clemson?

Still no news. When there is, it will be posted.

On 1/23/2018 at 1:01 PM, ellitor said:

Still no news. When there is, it will be posted.

who is Hill visiting this weekend?

46 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

who is Hill visiting this weekend?

nowhere. He is only considering clemson besides AU and he visited there last weekend.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

nowhere. He is only considering clemson besides AU and he visited there last weekend.

My gut feeling is if he was going to flip to Clemson, it would have happened last weekend. I think we are good with Hill and will sign him come NSD. I am not sure which coach is recruiting him, but I am sure he is in good hands. I think the young man realizes that we are holding a spot for him and take him at his good word that he will sign with us.  I live about 40 miles north of Clemson and have been on that campus several times. Auburn is a much better overall campus than Clemson. The only thing they have on us is a football only complex. We must, and I mean must, have a football only complex within the next 3 years. If Clemson can do this, why in the name of all things absolutely good, why we cannot do this?  This is a no-brainer folks and is totally unexcusable get it done asap!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought I read on here after his OV he told Michael Harris they would be rooming together this year. Unless Harris goes to Clemson there is only one way that happens.

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I thought I read on here after his OV he told Michael Harris they would be rooming together this year. Unless Harris goes to Clemson there is only one way that happens.

Harris already signed with Auburn in the early period, so he won't be at Clemson for sure.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Harris already signed with Auburn in the early period, so he won't be at Clemson for sure.

I wasn't sure if Harris had already signed. But I'm almost positive I read that somewhere. But you're right, Mikey, Harris and Hill won't be rooming together at Clemson.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hill is locked in. Stop fretting with him peeps.

Can’t wait to see him become an all SEC Safety! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Can’t wait to see him become an all SEC Safety! 

So, will he playing in the secondary or WR? I read where he was headed to Auburn because he would play WR. It doesn't matter to me which position he plays, I just want him play where he can best help Auburn.

7 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

So, will he playing in the secondary or WR? I read where he was headed to Auburn because he would play WR. It doesn't matter to me which position he plays, I just want him play where he can best help Auburn.

The safety thing is probably a pipe dream for some including me, BUT he could be a really good safety and it would help out that position heavily. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

In the end he didn't care what position he played but the possibility of AU moving him to Safety may depend on if we get JaMarr Chase or not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The safety thing is probably a pipe dream for some including me, BUT he could be a really good safety and it would help out that position heavily. 

That's how I feel. He has the skill set to be a very good one. I'd hate for him to be buried in the log jam of receivers when we are in desperate need at Safety.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd hate for him to be buried in the log jam of receivers when we are in desperate need at Safety.

My thoughts exactly. He did a ton for his HS like RB/WR/S and IMO is one of the most athletic players in our class.

I haven’t seen the need for another receiver *but* with Hill seemingly open to playing safety and late recruiting flaming out at other positions (OL), would love to get Chase and have Hill make the move. Seems like a pretty good scenario...

• Like 1

Well if we look at how Auburn has handled athletes before, then it's pretty clear that he'll get an opportunity to compete at both positions with heavy consideration for where the depth is needed. If he explodes on the scene and is the best WR on the roster or even in the top 6-8 then great stay there. If he struggles to get a look in such a deep group then he can show his talents in the secondary. I've been very pleased with that part of our staff's decision making when moving players to different positions.

I am most glad he is on board along with the rest of this class. I do hope that there is a surprise or 2 come Wednesday. Next year, I hope we have nearly all recruits signed in December so that we can sit back and not worry about much of anything come NSD. 

• Like 1