2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

On 8/17/2017 at 5:22 PM, austudnt23 said:

Deshaun Waton was outed  taking a secret  trip to au

Yeah but War Blunder (Bloggle) screwed that one up. I lit him like a Christmas Tree on twitter for it. He's such a tool he created a fund me page so he could go to the Natty in 2010.

Edited by ellitor

Can't call him a poor mans Terrell Zachary because I think his ball skills are better but he reminds me of him with his ability to stay on his feet and fight through tackles.  

BREAKING: Auburn lands commitment from major wide receiver target

Matthew Hill finally did it.

The 4-star wide receiver from Brookwood High (Ga.) has been the most likely to join Auburn’s class for months, but his hesitance to publicly commit has raised some questions. Those questions have all been answered.

On Thursday, Hill committed to Auburn to become the 12th commitment in the 2018 recruiting class. Despite the wait, Hill said the decision wasn’t tough.

RELATED: SEC Country’s most recent Class of 2018 offensive projection

“First, I grew up an Auburn fan, so I already knew what it was like. Ever since I’ve just been there so many times, it just — in my mind — it’s just another home,” Hill told SEC Country two weeks ago. “I know Auburn like the back of my hand now, like I do Snellville. I know where everything is. I just feel comfortable in Auburn.”

Auburn recruiting-matthew hill
Matthew Hill committed to the Tigers on Thursday. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

The extended wait gave Hill a chance to do his due diligence. He visited South Carolina one more time with his high school coach who is a South Carolina grad. Hill stayed in communication with Crimson Tide and Gamecocks coaches. When official offer day came, Auburn, Alabama and South Carolina were the only schools to offer, which made sense considering those were the three programs he was still strongly considering.

As the 6-foot-2 wide receiver waited, some Tigers’ fans started to panic. But, as Hill puts it, he’s known for “a month and a half to two months” where he was going to school. He just wanted to be sure.

“I basically knew at Big Cat Weekend, the last time I visited Auburn,” Hill said. “I kinda knew before then, but Big Cat is really what set it off because I got to be around the new players, the ones that might commit, the coaching staff and just had a good time. I got to see their fun side at Auburn.”

With Hill’s commitment, Auburn adds the No. 32 wide receiver and No. 160 overall prospect in the 2018 class. Hill joins Shedrick Jackson as the second wide receiver in Auburn’s class. Hill’s commitment moves Auburn up to No. 27 in the recruiting team rankings, one spot behind No. 26 Alabama.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Greg Bryant was the recruit & I think he ended up at ND.

RIP to him. He passed away in a car accident home on break from UAB.

Coach Hand consistently ALWAYS has the best commitment reaction tweets!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! War DAMN!

• Like 1

standard Gus tweet but always SOOOOO SWEEEEET because it means great news.

@auburn4ever where you at?! come celebrate! you have been waiting on a big time commitment sir!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

You kill me. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

Nice to see great news just before we begin our season!  WDE and welcome!!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

RIP to him. He passed away in a car accident home on break from UAB.

Not to hijack the thread but Greg Bryant had turned his life around and was shot in the head.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/greg_bryant_notre_dame_uab_foo.amp

UAB has gotten some of the players they have gotten because of him coming there. 

17 minutes ago, autkidd2823 said:

Not to hijack the thread but Greg Bryant had turned his life around and was shot in the head.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/greg_bryant_notre_dame_uab_foo.amp

UAB has gotten some of the players they have gotten because of him coming there. 

I genuinely did not know that. I just remember it being a car accident. thanks for the correction.

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Finally, a receiver with abs like mine. 

IMG_1102.JPG

He does not look like a high school student...at all.

• Like 1

Like some of the comments I've read:    ...physicality .....a guy who can help the QB by going to get the ball.....been missing that characteristic in many of our receivers in recent years. 

Sounds like a great addition to the team and I'm happy to see him coming to Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1