2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Does Kodi cat get any cred on this commit ?

Of course not. Those that have been dissin' Kodi's recruiting abilities would have to eat too much crow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Of course not. Those that have been dissin' Kodi's recruiting abilities would have to eat too much crow.

serve it up then! I am ready to be fed that good ol helpin of crow sir!

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but War Blunder (Bloggle) screwed that one up. I lit him like a Christymas Tree on twitter for it. He's such a tool he created a fund me page so he could go to the Natty in 2010.

Yeah that's right. Took away any chance at getting a qb that would have won us a least on title. 

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

I hope so, because he has sure received some criticism. Kodi is going to develop into a great coach and recruiter. He's already an excellent person. 

• Like 6

War Eagle and welcome to the family. Kodi gets credit as so many of the recruits have mentioned how much they feel like he is a big brother taking care of them.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kd4au said:

Some knowledgeable folks who have criticized Kodi in the past have since given him a lot of credit for the work he's doing on this class. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

They've criticized him almost as hard as some criticized our linebackers a few years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They've criticized him almost as hard as some criticized our linebackers a few years ago.

The linebackers of a few years ago  were due some extensive criticism. Years of not getting the job done has its consequences. Kodi on the other hand, not so much. Some of the loudest proponents of the "building recruiting relationships takes time" school of thought were jumping all over Kodi for not producing after he'd just been here a couple of months. Can't have it both ways.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The linebackers of a few years ago  were due some extensive criticism. Years of not getting the job done has its consequences. Kodi on the other hand, not so much. Some of the loudest proponents of the "building recruiting relationships takes time" school of thought were jumping all over Kodi for not producing after he'd just been here a couple of months. Can't have it both ways.

Oh, we do agree. :thumbsup:

A lot of his criticism was due to his bumbling of Mobile. That was based directly from coaches, players, and their parents comments towards Kodi and his action/inactions.  His criticism early was absolutely warranted as is the congrats for the job he has done lately. He is learning quickly and effectively, but don't act like he is doing it all on his own. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

A lot of his criticism was due to his bumbling of Mobile. That was based directly from coaches, players, and their parents comments towards Kodi and his action/inactions.  His criticism early was absolutely warranted as is the congrats for the job he has done lately. He is learning quickly and effectively, but don't act like he is doing it all on his own. 

Good lord going to have to agree with yellow one.....makes me sick. As for Kodi he is doing a better job since the Mobile crap hit the fan. Like I said before Kodi will either learn quickly or get eaten alive by the other SEC recruiters. Now his got to hang onto them until signing day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Good lord going to have to agree with yellow one.....makes me sick. As for Kodi he is doing a better job since the Mobile crap hit the fan. Like I said before Kodi will either learn quickly or get eaten alive by the other SEC recruiters. Now his got to hang onto them until signing day.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I have to ask. What happened in Mobile and what are the chances us commoners are ever enlightened? 

Edited by Gowebb11

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I have to ask. What happened in Mobille and what are the chances us commoners are ever enlightened? 

Inquiring minds want to know!

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Some knowledgeable folks who have criticized Kodi in the past have since given him a lot of credit for the work he's doing on this class. 

what makes them knowledgeable is my question...Kodi was a new coach at a major school in the most competitive conference recruiting wise in the country. It takes time to build your recruiting chops....i believe he is going to grow into a great one before his career ends.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Greg Bryant was the recruit & I think he ended up at ND.

Dang E , I thought you had run off with Viper, hadn't seen you in a few days !!!

Not a lot of real enthusiasm...I kind of wish that Keith Niebuhr was the best reporter as well as the recruiting analyst.   He always seems upbeat when reporting on Auburn.  It's nice to at least get some fluff and praise coming from the reporters.   Rather than seemingly trying to search out something to criticize or over dramatize in order to fit a narrative or to say Nanny Nanny Boo Boo I just like to undermine you...

• Like 1