2018 4* WR Matthew Hill commits to AU!!!!

ellitor

If we can get Hill, it will be great for a couple of reasons. Besides being a great WR it certainly would help our chances with Fields! 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Samau said:

If we can get Hill, it will be great for a couple of reasons. Besides being a great WR it certainly would help our chances with Fields! 

I expect Hill to commit at picnic. Along with couple of others.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 5

Also on Hill as I mentioned in Ross thread yesterday he is much more polished and ready WR than Ross at this time. The ceiling for Ross is off the charts though with his measurable and abilities. If Burns reels in the class that is expected rn at WR then his recruiting abilities won't be questioned anymore. Hill and Ross are studs and we r looking good for both rn. Like I have said I am weary to say Ross is coming just because he is an instate kid Alabama is after.  Bama is also after Hill, but he is all AU.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Also on Hill as I mentioned in Ross thread yesterday he is much more polished and ready WR than Ross at this time. The ceiling for Ross is off the charts though with his measurable and abilities. If Burns reels in the class that is expected rn at WR then his recruiting abilities won't be questioned anymore. Hill and Ross are studs and we r looking good for both rn. Like I have said I am weary to say Ross is coming just because he is an instate kid Alabama is after.  Bama is also after Hill, but he is all AU.

I know Kodi will be their position coach, but is he also their lead recruiter for all these WR that we are after in this class?

35 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I know Kodi will be their position coach, but is he also their lead recruiter for all these WR that we are after in this class?

Per 247 FWIW

Ross-Chip
Kearis-don't know
Scwartz-Kodi
Seth Williams-Not sure
Matthew Hil- T-Will
Shedrick-Garner

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Per 247 FWIW

Ross-Chip
Kearis-don't know
Scwartz-Kodi
Seth Williams-Not sure
Matthew Hil- T-Will
Shedrick-Garner

So why exactly is Kodi about to get all the credit if some of these guys sign with us??? This is almost more of an indictment by Gus of Kodi's inability to recruit. Maybe I am reading into this all wrong though.

Edited by thaitopher
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

So why exactly is Kodi about to get all the credit if some of these guys sign with us???

I get that they feel good about the coach or they wouldn't be coming here.  But seems odd to give Kodi recruiting credit if he isn't their primary recruiter.  Don't get me wrong, I am huge Kodi supporter and fan and want all the best for him.  Just curious as to why the recruiting credit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

So why exactly is Kodi about to get all the credit if some of these guys sign with us??? This is almost more of an indictment by Gus of Kodi's inability to recruit. Maybe I am reading into this all wrong though.

He is the secondary for all 3 that he's not the primary. Also most if not all WR targets in this class have said how much they like him FWIW. Also the primary's listed there are the area recruiters. That doesn't mean they are actualy the primary recruiter.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

He is the secondary for all 3 that he's not the primary. Also most if not all WR targets in this class have said how much they like him FWIW.

Is it customary for the position coach of the position for the player being recruited to be that recruit's primary recruiter or does that typically go to the area recruiter or is it a mixed bag of both?

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Is it customary for the position coach of the position for the player being recruited to be that recruit's primary recruiter or does that typically go to the area recruiter or is it a mixed bag of both?

In reality it's a mixed bag. In terms of site listing it's listed as area more often whether true or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I expect Hill to commit at picnic. Along with couple of others.

When is said picnic scheduled for please Sir? I want to be on the watch for Hill's commitment.

FYI I'm a newly reinstated member. Well actually I used to post on the old disbanded, now defunct, Auburn Eagle site. Honestly, I'll probably do more surfing/reading here than actual posting. But I'll give my 2 cents often enough. So here is hearty.... War Eagle!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigereye78 said:

When is said picnic scheduled for please Sir? I want to be on the watch for Hill's commitment.

Next Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigereye78 said:

I expect a couple next week. I doubt we have multiple on same day due to wanting to get maximum exposure for each commit. I'm not saying we turn down a kid and say he has to wait but I would prefer Harris early on and Hill to end out the picnic. I am expecting Wynom the OT from Tucker also. He is not a  silent and South Carolina is a main contender due to the brother playing there but we will win him over before he commits imo. Wynom is just my opinion I have heard we are Def right in the mix with USC Jr. But have not been told that we are expecting him to commit to us yet. Also couple other silent that will come out in July or August I will not list names because everyone knows these I am talking about.

Edited by austudnt23
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I expect a couple next week. I doubt we have multiple on same day due to wanting to get maximum exposure for each commit. I'm not saying we turn down a kid and say he has to wait but I would prefer Harris early on and Hill to end out the picnic. I am expecting Wynom the OT from Tucker also. He is not a  silent and South Carolina is a main contender due to the brother playing there but we will win him over before he commits imo. Wynom is just my opinion I have heard we are Def right in the mix with USC Jr. But have not been told that we are expecting him to commit to us yet. Also couple other silent that will come out in July or August I will not list names because everyone knows these I am talking about.

Wynnom is not committing in the Summer anymore. He pushed it back to later in the season.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Wynnom is not committing in the Summer anymore. He pushed it back to later in the season.

Wasn't saying I expect Wynom this month I was saying he was one I feel good about. Harris and Hill and RJ I feel very confident will be committed before summer ends. 2 this month probably this week friday and saturday. Speaking of a USC Jr guy I want badly is Channing Tindall. If we can get him on campus soon we can maybe take the lead. Kid is a very good lb. There are a couple other guys we would land over summer if we decide to take them. These aren't low rated kids either.

36 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Wasn't saying I expect Wynom this month

I didn't say you did. I was just informing the board.

1 hour ago, Samau said:

Any chance that Fields also attends the barbecue next wk?

Haven't seen it reported but he will be at Bama's cookout the day before so you'd think there's a chance.

Who the hell is paying for these kids to ramble from state to state all summer checking out the barbecue (and other offerings)? When I was a teenager, while we weren't poor the idea of me traveling all over the country all summer long would have been out of the question. It was one trip per summer, then back to work to pay for gas and date money. I know times have changed, but not that much!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Who the hell is paying for these kids to ramble from state to state all summer checking out the barbecue (and other offerings)? When I was a teenager, while we weren't poor the idea of me traveling all over the country all summer long would have been out of the question. It was one trip per summer, then back to work to pay for gas and date money. I know times have changed, but not that much!

Believe it or not I thought the same thing when he was in Cali earlier this week for at least his 4th or 5 out of state camp this Summer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not sure but my guess is that with some of these kids it is the result of parents planning for college. When it gets to the point where they absolutely know that their kid is receiving a scholarship then the college fund can be used in other ways. My daughter's best friend received an academic scholarship so she received a brand new car for graduation. Her parents used some of her college fund. Not all families can do that but some of the more fortunate ones can. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not sure but my guess is that with some of these kids it is the result of parents planning for college. When it gets to the point where they absolutely know that their kid is receiving a scholarship then the college fund can be used in other ways. My daughter's best friend received an academic scholarship so she received a brand new car for graduation. Her parents used some of her college fund. Not all families can do that but some of the more fortunate ones can. 

That could explain some of the more fortunate ones but it seems every four and five star prospect in the nation stays on the road all summer for camps, big cats, picnics and so forth. A lot of money is being spent on this and it's illogical to think it's coming out of family pockets. My family would have had to skip paying the light bill and car payments to send me around like that.