2nd Jr Day for 2018 recruits (3/4/17)

ellitor

As names become public they will be added

Players with (*) next to their name indicate they’ve already received an Auburn offer.

2018 class

4-star WR Justyn Ross, Central (Ala.)*

4-star QB Joey Gatewood, Bartram Trail (Fla.)*

4-star OG Jalil Irvin, Stephenson (Ga.)*

4-star ATH Nathaniel Watson, Maplesville School (Ala.)*

4-star DT Alfred Thomas, Lanier (Ala.)

4-star OLB Quay Walker, Crisp County (Ala.)*

3-star RB Charles Strong, Union County (Fla.) — FSU commit*

3-star WDE Kelvin Stokes, Stanhope Elmore (Ala.)

3-star ILB Michael Harris, Tucker (Ga.)*

3-star OLB Richard Jibunor, Athens Christian (Ga.)*

3-star OLB Braelen Oliver, Douglas County (Ga.)

3-star WR Jammal Houston, John Ehret (La.)

3-star CB Juanyeh Thomas, Niceville (Fla.)*

3-star RB La’damian Webb, Beauregard (Ala.)

3-star OG Johnny Harris, Mill Creek (Ga.)

3-star WDE Kingsley Enagbare, Hapeville Charter (Ga.)

3-star WR Jaray Jenkins, Jena (La.)

3-star ATH Kolbi Fuqua, Cordova School (Ala.)*

3-star OLB La’Dedric Jackson, Lanier (Ala.)

3-star DT Timaje Porter, Theodore (Ala.)*

3-star OT Kameron Stutts, Brooks School (Ala.)*

3-star DT Jalen Cunningham, Saint Clair County (Ala.)

3-star WR Shedrick Jackson, Hoover (Ala.)

Unranked WR DeLonte Evans, Minor (Ala.)

Unranked safety Keyon Helton, West Florida Tech (Fla.)

Unranked OLB Shaka Heyward, Mill Creek (Ga.)

Unranked OL Ches Jackson, Tift County (Ga.)

Unranked OLB Caleb Kelly, Hapeville Charter (Ga.)

Unranked WDE Trey Laing, Tallahassee Leon (Fla.)

2019 class

Unranked OLB J.D. Bertrand, Blessed Trinity (Ga.)

Unranked CB Devin Bush, Edna Karr (La.)

Unranked OT Adrian Medley, Pensacola (Fla.)

4-star QB Bo Nix, Scottsboro School (Ala.)

4-star CB KJ Wallace, Lovett School (Ga.)

2020 class

Unranked RB Reggie Bracy, St. Paul’s Episcopal (Ala.)

Unranked LB Jackson Bratton, Muscle Shoals (Ala.)

Unranked ATH Quitman Kincaid, West Port (Fla.)

Unranked OT Kyle Mann, Douglas County (Ga.)

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

E-

If you were to guess, who do you think the next commit may be?

Can't even guess. The WRs are waiting to see what we do on O. There are a few takes at other positions but none of them look ready to pop. At most positions though still don't even know who the takes are.

I could search through the threads, but was hoping someone could save me the troubles.  How many do we have committed so far?  All I can think of is Joey & Worm

4 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I could search through the threads, but was hoping someone could save me the troubles.  How many do we have committed so far?  All I can think of is Joey & Worm

those 2 and Newkirk the juco kid.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Added fast rising DE/LB Andres Fox. Will be his 4th visit to AU.

Good sign after just being at UAT junior day.

On 2/28/2017 at 8:13 AM, auburnphan said:

E-

If you were to guess, who do you think the next commit may be?

I have a guess now. 4* OG/C Jalil Irvin

From SECCountry this morning

Junior day attendance

Auburn will host its second junior day on Saturday. Unlike the first on Jan. 28, the Tigers will compete with several other top-tier junior days, notably Clemson and Tennessee. Auburn still expects a blue-chip showing Saturday, as some of the nation’s top juniors will attend campus to view Auburn’s first spring practice in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

The names on the list will grow throughout the day. I’ll send out a more complete list later on, but here’s an early look at some 2018 class members who will attend campus. (Of note: Andres Fox originally said he’d attend his second Auburn junior day of the year, but reached out Friday morning because he has decided to participate in his team’s track meet).

Also, 3-star offensive guard Warren Ericson won’t attend junior day, but he’s on campus Friday for a visit. Ericson is a 6-foot-4, 290-pound North Gwinnett High School in Suwanee, Ga.

The confirmed attendees:

• 4-star QB Joey Gatewood, Jacksonville (Fla.), Bartram Trail
  • 4-star OG Jalil Irvin, Stone Mountain (Ga.), Stephenson
  • 4-star WR Justyn Ross, Phenix City (Ala.), Central
  • 4-star OLB Quay Walker, Cordele (Ga.), Crisp County
  • 4-star OLB Zakoby McClain, Valdosta (Ga.), Valdosta
  • 3-star RB La’Damian Webb, Opelika (Ala.), Beauregard
  • 3-star OT Kameron Stutts, Killen (Ala.), Brooks School
  • 3-star WDE Kelvin Stokes, Millbrook (Ala.), Stanhope Elmore
  • 3-star OLB Braelen Oliver, Douglasville (Ga.), Douglas County
  • 3-star DT Timaje Porter, Theodore (Ala.), Theodore
  • Unranked OT Oyenmwen Uzebu, Alpharetta (Ga.), Alpharetta
  • Unranked WR Doron Mitchell, Montgomery (Ala.), Park Crossing

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

YES!!!!! Justyn Ross and Joey G! I love it.

10 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Glad to see Butterbean on that list. Hope he blows the staff away. 

It's not an evaluation visit or camp. It's to chill, have fun, & tour campus.

3 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Looking good for OL Irvin and Tank. That's 2 big boys we need.  E are we looking at both as Guards?

Tank as a Guard. Irvin as a Guard or Center.

From SECCountry

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn’s second junior day of the 2018 recruiting cycle is in the books.

The Tigers hosted 30-plus prospects from the 2018, 2019 and 2020 classes. SEC Country spoke with many of Auburn’s top targets after their visits on Saturday. There weren’t any new commitments, though one was close. Auburn sent out an offer to one 2019 cornerback Devin Bush and a few more could be imminent.

For now, here’s a look at 17 reactions following the star-studded junior day.

3-star La’damian Webb, Beauregard (Ala.)

“I like them. I like their playing style. I think I’d be a great fit with them … They said I fit with the offense they run, especially with the new offensive coordinator Chip (Lindsey). They get the ball to people out in space.”

4-star DT Alfred Thomas, Lanier (Ala.)

“Coach Steele, he’s a cool coach. I want him to be my coach because he’s real cool … They’re at the top. They’ve been at the top for some time. I love Auburn. I knew a lot about Auburn already, but I learned they take pride in their defense. I knew them as an offensive-heavy team, but now they’re defensive-heavy.”

4-star QB Joey Gatewood, Bartram Trail (Fla.)

“It’s great. It’s still my school … I feel like it’s still the same. It’s perfect.”

3-star OLB Braelen Oliver, Douglas County (Ga.)

“Auburn was my first school I was introduced to. This was kinda my fist D-I school I’ve been to. Ever since then, I’ve really liked Auburn. When they told me to come up here, I couldn’t hesitate … Really, the staff is great. All the coaches, I can relate. I know a couple of the player. It seems like a place I can be at.”

3-star WDE KJ Stokes, Stanhope Elmore (Ala.)

“They invited me a lot to games during the season. I love the environment here. I love the football. Just the whole vibe and football vibe from it is great.”

4-star OLB Quay Walker, Crisp County (Ga.)

“I came here, had a great time. It’s a great feeling. It wasn’t too big of a difference than normal. I still learned a lot. It was a great feeling.”

Unranked DeLonte Evans, Minor (Ala.)

“The coaches and the way they practice. Coach Burns, I like him as a receiver coach.”

Unranked Shaka Heyward, Mill Creek (Ga.)

“When I saw the spring practice, it was fast and fun. It looked like they were having a lot of fun. It’s a place I’d like to come play football. They’re good at football.”

Unranked 2019 CB Devin Bush, Edna Karr (La.)

“I’m really interested in Auburn. It’s a big SEC school. Their defensive backs are real nice. I watched practice today. I’ll consider them.”

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

I am very blessed to say that I've received an offer from Auburn University ???

Unranked 2019 OLB JD Bertrand, Blessed Trinity (Ga.)

“I came here for camp, and they were interested in talking to me. I’m glad we came to see the school more and talk to coaches. They did a really nice job with the junior day. I’ll definitely be looking into the school. I just want to talk to some of the players and see what the players think.”

3-star OT Kameron Stutts, Brooks School (Ala.)

“They’ve got really good academics, a great football program. They run the same offense we run. It’d be a really easy transition for me, switching over from high school to college playing football. The tutoring stuff and helping us with our academics, they just help you keep up with your academics.”

3-star RB Charles Strong, Union County (Fla.) — FSU commit

“I like Auburn. I’m just going through my visits to see what I like. Talking with coach (Kodi) Burns on the phone, he was telling me, ‘Our school is the top. If you like it, it’s all yours.’ I like it. I love it.”

3-star DT Timaje Porter, Theodore (Ala.)

“I just wanted to see coach (Rodney) Garner and talk to him a little more. I wanted to come home again. I really wanted to be here again … There’s nothing more I can see from Auburn. The coaches, the players, the facilities are nice, the dorms are nice. Everything is all right with me.”

Unranked WR Shedrick Jackson, Hoover (Ala.)

“Just building a relationship, seeing the campus again. I love coming up here every time. They just want to see me in person more, see me in action.”

Unranked DT Jalen Cunningham, Saint Clair County (Ala.)

“They just tell me how much they love me at the defensive line position. I came for the spring practice. I loved it, the intensity and everything. It was the first practice in pads, so it was great.”

4-star OL Jalil Irvin, Stephenson (Ala.)

“It basically just re-affirmed everything I already knew about Auburn … They’re definitely at the top for me. As for right now, they’re at the top for me. I’m close to a decision. I’m ready to get this over with.”

3-star OLB Richard Jibunor, Athens Christian (Ga.)

“It went awesome. I liked what I saw today. The players were competing. That’s why I came for the first day of practice in pads, to see what they’ve got going on this season. I wanted to see how the players would come back this season. It was awesome. So much emotion is going into practice and the players aren’t even playing in a game. That shows the players are really ready for the new season. I was very proud talking to the coaches and everything they told me. I saw it with my eyes and believe it.”

On 3/3/2017 at 7:17 PM, ellitor said:

I have a guess now. 4* OG/C Jalil Irvin

Well

40a3d731ee8efe879abef3b41d24d289.jpg

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well

40a3d731ee8efe879abef3b41d24d289.jpg

If you're the blind squirrel when it comes to recruiting, then the rest of us need to start putting together a production of Tommy.

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If you're the blind squirrel when it comes to recruiting, then the rest of us need to start putting together a production of Tommy.

I don't understand the Tommy reference.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't understand the Tommy reference.

Tommy, by the Who... it's a rock opera about a deaf, dumb and blind kid. In other words... if you're blind, we're deaf, dumb and blind.

On 3/9/2017 at 10:04 AM, lionheartkc said:

Tommy, by the Who... it's a rock opera about a deaf, dumb and blind kid. In other words... if you're blind, we're deaf, dumb and blind.

Showing your age with that reference. 

Archived