2018 4* CB Jalyn Armour-Davis (Bama)

ellitor

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

The fournette play was due to his bad shoulders

Just now, lionheartkc said:

He actually explained that play in the interview.  With both shoulders hurt, one in a brace and the other supposed to be in a brace, but he didn't wear it, he didn't think he could take a hit from him going low, so he went high and timed it just wrong.

Totally believe it. Usually when something looks weird, there's a weird reason. 

I mainly didn't feel like taking on a certain segment of the crowd lol. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

committed to bammer, apparently...

saban lost out on the kid that committed to clemson, so armour-davis went ahead and committed.

don't know how good this kid is, but we supposedly led from day 1...  this has kodi burns written all over it!  too awkward to recruit anybody, and couldn't close the deal... hopefully TWill will do better in mobile...? because kodi is, without a doubt, the worst hire of gus' tenure. imo

7 minutes ago, Altima said:

saban lost out on the kid that committed to clemson, so armour-davis went ahead and committed.

don't know how good this kid is, but we supposedly led from day 1...  this has kodi burns written all over it!  too awkward to recruit anybody, and couldn't close the deal... hopefully TWill will do better in mobile...? because kodi is, without a doubt, the worst hire of gus' tenure. imo

This isn't a Kodi issue. Bama is on an unprecedented run of dominance. Auburn is on a run of inconsistent mediocrity. Saban has a staff of relentless recruiters. We have a staff of solid recruiters. AU better start winning more games and recruiting with more intensity because Saban is going to keep on keeping on. 

trust me... this has everything to do with kodi!

how Gus put our worst recruiter in charge of a hot-bed like mobile, is one of the stupidest things he's done!  and it's starting to catch up with him...

Our list of potential summer commits keeps dwindling by the day. And IF Kodi was assigned as the lead recruiter then absolutely some of the blame needs to be attributed to him. Recruiting is what they get paid to do.

27 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Our list of potential summer commits keeps dwindling by the day. And IF Kodi was assigned as the lead recruiter then absolutely some of the blame needs to be attributed to him. Recruiting is what they get paid to do.

People have learned very quickly the last 2 years that we come out of the gate "strong" right after signing day for the next years class and seemingly "lead" for a bunch of pretty highly rated guys and then we see hear some of them will be on board soon and then slowly the momentum stops there and each one ends up most of the time not ever pulling the trigger and it honestly is how Malzahn tenure has gone on the field. Get a big lead and then slowly piss that lead away. CANNOT CLOSE THE DEAL the last 2 years in recruiting or on the field.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

People have learned very quickly the last 2 years that we come out of the gate "strong" right after signing day for the next years class and seemingly "lead" for a bunch of pretty highly rated guys and then we see hear some of them will be on board soon and then slowly the momentum stops there and each one ends up most of the time not ever pulling the trigger and it honestly is how Malzahn tenure has gone on the field. Get a big lead and then slowly piss that lead away. CANNOT CLOSE THE DEAL the last 2 years in recruiting or on the field.

I haven't really noticed that as a trend until this year. This year, we seemed to have lost more leads than we have ever lost before. Most  years, we lose one or two guys we previously led for (especially to Alabama), but this year it just seems like we are losing lead after lead.

46 minutes ago, Altima said:

trust me... this has everything to do with kodi!

how Gus put our worst recruiter in charge of a hot-bed like mobile, is one of the stupidest things he's done!  and it's starting to catch up with him...

Kodi has been moved elsewhere and it was done some time ago. Blame Travis Williams if you feel the need to point the finger at somebody.

Just now, thaitopher said:

I haven't really noticed that as a trend until this year. This year, we seemed to have lost more leads than we have ever lost before. Most  years, we lose one or two guys we previously led for (especially to Alabama), but this year it just seems like we are losing lead after lead.

I noticed it last summer as well. But I completely understand how you just noticed it this year. Kirby and Saban are 2 of the best negative recruiters ever are hitting us hard on the trail and you throw in O now who is a elite recruiter man it is rough out there and will be for ol Gus until we absolutely have a great year on the field this year which we have all the pieces and horses to this year. If we have another mediocre season and gus stays? That could set back our recruiting years.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

This isn't a Kodi issue.

Yes it is Webb as @WarDamnEagleWDE, @augolf1716 and others have reiterated a number of times & may very well do again. If T-Will had Mobile from the beginning here I think we win this one & not lose a kid who grew up a big AU fan.

1 hour ago, Altima said:

FSU took the lead a little after Jr Day. We never got it back then Bama took it from FSU when they got serious about 6 weeks ago.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes it is Webb as @WarDamnEagleWDE, @augolf1716 and others have reiterated a number of times & may very well do again. If T-Will had Mobile from the beginning here I think we win this one & not lose a kid who grew up a big AU fan.

I don't doubt that played a role. I just think there is a bigger picture to look at and acknowledge. We are winning 7-8 games a year and producing 4 or 5 draft picks a year. Bama is competing for national titles and churning 5 or 6  1st and 2d round draft picks a year. A recruiter can only do so much. Winning big consistently and putting guys in the league wins the day. T Will can help in Mobile but he can help more after  a series of big seasons and NFL drafts 

33 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don't doubt that played a role. I just think there is a bigger picture to look at and acknowledge. We are winning 7-8 games a year and producing 4 or 5 draft picks a year. Bama is competing for national titles and churning 5 or 6  1st and 2d round draft picks a year. A recruiter can only do so much. Winning big consistently and putting guys in the league wins the day. T Will can help in Mobile but he can help more after  a series of big seasons and NFL drafts 

Go back and study recruiting. There have been many upper tier teams with 7-8 wins that recruited at a high level on paper as long as the staff has perceived security. What is hurting us is the need to win now to generate staff security & stability.

Big loss since we led for a lot of his early recruitment.  Although not sure how you can fault Kodi for this, T-Will has been the area recruiter for a while now.  Anyone lost in Mobile is his responsibility.  At some point we have to accept the fact that Bama is on a roll and a machine especially for defensive players so it is what it is.  We get to 10 wins and some of the stability questions goes away.  Traditionally Mobile has been a bammer hotbed except for a few defensive players when coach Witt was here and when DC was here.  We would generally split with them.  We've got to lock down the Auburn/opelika/PC area, plus move back into columbus ga and lock it down, the lagrange area as well. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Big loss since we led for a lot of his early recruitment.  Although not sure how you can fault Kodi for this, T-Will has been the area recruiter for a while now.  Anyone lost in Mobile is his responsibility.  At some point we have to accept the fact that Bama is on a roll and a machine especially for defensive players so it is what it is.  We get to 10 wins and some of the stability questions goes away.  Traditionally Mobile has been a bammer hotbed except for a few defensive players when coach Witt was here and when DC was here.  We would generally split with them.  We've got to lock down the Auburn/opelika/PC area, plus move back into columbus ga and lock it down, the lagrange area as well. 

we need a few 10 win seasons back to back to back. Say we have a 10 win plus season on the board for this year which I think we will do. Well the pitch now that every sec coach especially in our recruiting grounds that we frequent is O Auburn is just a 1 hit wonder. We have seen this before. Gus job is still not safe.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

we need a few 10 win seasons back to back to back. Say we have a 10 win plus season on the board for this year which I think we will do. Well the pitch now that every sec coach especially in our recruiting grounds that we frequent is O Auburn is just a 1 hit wonder. We have seen this before. Gus job is still not safe.

GWill check out my post in the stone cold thread see what you think of it...

uat drafts their recruits now. They get who they want. When Saban was hired the REC got behind him like nobody's business and paid for whatever players he needed to win early. Now he rides that early success to land whomever he wants. Saban without that boost from the REC wouldn't have half the success he's had since he got to uat. 

57 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Although not sure how you can fault Kodi for this, T-Will has been the area recruiter for a while now.  Anyone lost in Mobile is his responsibility.

T-Will didn't take over in Mobile til January. Most of the time 6 months is not long enough to develop relationships that win recruiting battles. More times than not it takes a 2 year relationship at minimum to win recruiting battles.TBH T-Will did damn good just to get JAD to delay the commitment a month later than JAD planned. Kodi has made mistakes in Mobile that has been discussed which forced Gus to change things & put T-Will down there.

48 minutes ago, corchjay said:

GWill check out my post in the stone cold thread see what you think of it...

ON IT FAM!

55 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It would have no where near the affect next class as it is now though but we will need to follow it up in the long run though.

Just now, ellitor said:

It would have no where near the affect next class as it is now though but we will need to follow it up in the long run though.

agreed. by the time we would be having a good season it would really just help for the most part the following years.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Go back and study recruiting. There have been many upper tier teams with 7-8 wins that recruited at a high level on paper as long as the staff has perceived security. What is hurting us is the need to win now to generate staff security & stability.

I don't study recruiting but I've followed it about as much as anyone else. My post said we need to win big and consistently. Yours said we need to win now and have more coaching stability. Pretty much the same thing. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dead on Gwill. The Bama pitch right now is go there and compete for a Natty every year then be the next first or second round draft pick and multi millionaire. Our pitch is come to a really good program and maybe enjoy one big season, then be a late round draft pick. (Yes, I know there are exceptions, but that's generally the rule). I've spent my career in sales and know you can win some battles with relationships, but the war is always win by the best product. It's foolish to think pond fishing and pie eating contests can overcome championships and the NFL. Gus needs to win now and big and for a few consecutive seasons. 

Archived