2018 4* CB Jalyn Armour-Davis (Bama)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Dead on Gwill. The Bama pitch right now is go there and compete for a Natty every year then be the next first or second round draft pick and multi millionaire. Our pitch is come to a really good program and maybe enjoy one big season, then be a late round draft pick. (Yes, I know there are exceptions, but that's generally the rule). I've spent my career in sales and know you can win some battles with relationships, but the war is always win by the best product. It's foolish to think pond fishing and pie eating contests can overcome championships and the NFL. Gus needs to win now and big and for a few consecutive seasons. 

no sir! you are more dead on. Our big years we plate people in the first round. 2 each in 2010 and 2013 and then after that we are lucky if we even get a guy taken in the 2nd or third recently. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don't study recruiting but I've followed it about as much as anyone else. My post said we need to win big and consistently. Yours said we need to win now and have more coaching stability. Pretty much the same thing. 

That wasn't our difference. Your post implied a team winning 7-8 games a year with 4 or 5 picks a year can't recruit at a high level. UGA has been doing roughly that for almost 4 decades.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That wasn't our difference. Your post implied a team winning 7-8 games a year with 4 or 5 picks a year can't recruit at a high level. UGA has been doing roughly that for almost 4 decades.

I hate to type this....

UGA is the flagship school in their state and their state has a boatload of talent each year.  Yes alabama has talent, but we aren't the flagship school in AL or GA and never will be.    The non-flagship schools always have it tougher and we share the state with the hottest team in 50 yrs....we are gonna have to adapt in some areas to regain ground.  And I am not smart enough to have the answers.

Since we lost out on Armour-Davis, what makes us think Brown will do any better in getting other recruits.

16 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I hate to type this....

UGA is the flagship school in their state and their state has a boatload of talent each year.  Yes alabama has talent, but we aren't the flagship school in AL or GA and never will be.    The non-flagship schools always have it tougher and we share the state with the hottest team in 50 yrs....we are gonna have to adapt in some areas to regain ground.  And I am not smart enough to have the answers.

This is very true all uga had to do is get 10 of the top 40 or so

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Since we lost out on Armour-Davis, what makes us think Brown will do any better in getting other recruits.

who you asking? and be very careful a4e if your turning negative nanny

54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

who you asking? and be very careful a4e if your turning negative nanny

Turning??? Have you seen his posts lately? Oh wait. Of course you haven't. Sight has diminished at your advanced age.

8 hours ago, Altima said:

trust me... this has everything to do with kodi!

how Gus put our worst recruiter in charge of a hot-bed like mobile, is one of the stupidest things he's done!  and it's starting to catch up with him...

Gotta agree with Altima 

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

I hate to type this....

To consistently compete with all the flagship schools around us, AU has to have a coach and staff with a bad a__ attitude.   CPD had that and refused to take a backseat to Bama's dominance.  Gus and staff are good, honorable guys who will probably never embarrass the university but I don't know that they have the edge to consistently rise above the aggressive staffs surrounding them.  

6 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

To consistently compete with all the flagship schools around us, AU has to have a coach and staff with a bad a__ attitude.   CPD had that and refused to take a backseat to Bama's dominance.  Gus and staff are good, honorable guys who will probably never embarrass the university but I don't know that they have the edge to consistently rise above the aggressive staffs surrounding them.  

well said. Gus def does not have that swagger CPD did. Not even close. Seems to be a really nice guy who is a class act though.

What kills me is all the times we've lost recruits who seemed to be singing our praises and saying AU was their #1 choice and then end up somewhere else. I know that happens to schools across the country during recruiting. But, since>:D has been in Tuscaloosa it has happened far too often

The most recent case in point, Jalyn Armour-Davis. Correct me if I am wrong but did he originally come out singing Auburn's praises?

8 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Correct me if I am wrong but did he originally come out singing Auburn's praises?

Originally yes. But having a different position coach every year at the position the recruit will play makes it tough to land upper tier recruits. There have been 3 different DB coaches at AU since AU started recruiting JAD.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Originally yes. But having a different position coach every year at the position the recruit will play makes it tough to land upper tier recruits. There have been 3 different DB coaches at AU since AU started recruiting JAD.

Hasn't Bama went through just as many coaching changes at that postion also in the last 3-4 years..Ansley,Tucker,Smart.

1 hour ago, Southwest said:

Hasn't Bama went through just as many coaching changes at that postion also in the last 3-4 years..Ansley,Tucker,Smart.

DBs are Saban's baby. Plus Ansley is his 2nd year at Bama. Brown his 1st at AU. 12 month relationship advantage.

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's a quiet summer. 

Until August. Also a dead period starts tomorrow so it could be even quieter the next couple of weeks.

Just now, ellitor said:

Until August. Also a dead period starts tomorrow so it could be even quieter the next couple of weeks.

I can't wait for August. Especially late August.

Archived