2018 4* CB Jalyn Armour-Davis (Bama)

ellitor

15 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I had a few run ins with Kodi while I was at Auburn.  Super nice guy but very very shy.  Not comfortable in public or around groups of people.  Always looked at his own feet a lot.  I do not see him having any kind of charisma on the recruiting trail.

I was that way for years but I was put in positions where to survive I had to overcome it. I now handle meetings speak in public, etc. Still would rather not do it but I can do it and am pretty good at it. If the desire is there you can overcome your limitations.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I was that way for years but I was put in positions where to survive I had to overcome it. I now handle meetings speak in public, etc. Still would rather not do it but I can do it and am pretty good at it. If the desire is there you can overcome your limitations.

Hell just send him to Toastmasters......:poke:

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell just send him to Toastmasters......:poke:

Give him a 6 pack of PBR and loosen him up LOL :poke:

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Good point Morpheus!

• 1 month later...

Auburn’s top DB target hopes for summer decision

GULF SHORES, Ala. — In between a few gold-medal performances, the top defensive player in the state of Alabama found some time to provide an update on his recruitment.

Jalyn Armour-Davis shined at the Alabama High School Athletic Association state track meet with first-place performances in the 5A 100-meter dash and triple jump. It’s that type of athleticism that earned him the No. 1 ranking among the state’s defensive players. The 4-star cornerback is a highly sought-after prospect by many of the nation’s top programs.

With spring football ready to get underway, Armour-Davis is about a month away from hitting recruiting full force in hopes of finalizing his decision before his senior season at St. Paul’s Episcopal, though he won’t force or rush a decision.

“I’m still really waiting until the summer to get all that figured out. Spring starts on Monday. Right now, I’m more focused on St. Paul’s. When spring is over, I’ll get back started up on more visits and really started to look into to make a final decision,” Armour-Davis said. “I’d like it to be July or early August, but I’m not going to push it. Push comes to shove, I’ll just put out a top 2 or top 3 and commit after the season, but definitely before December.”

Auburn-Auburn recruiting-Jalyn Armour Davis
Jalyn Armour-Davis showcased his speed at the Alabama state track meet this past weekend. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

As is always the case with Armour-Davis, it’s worth mentioning Auburn was the first program to offer when he was in ninth grade.

The state’s top defender has always vouched that will play a key factor for the Tigers. He wants to continue building that relationship. When it comes to Auburn’s sales pitch these days, however, he’s not sure if there is anything else the staff can do.

Kevin Steele, Greg Brown & Co. have made Armour-Davis’ prioritization evident. He just wants to see that connection grow as he narrows in on a decision.

“They already know how I feel. I know how they feel. It’s just getting comfortable, as usual. There’s nothing really new they can pitch me. I’ve been up there multiple times,” Armour-Davis said. “They’re definitely making me feel like their top guy. They’ve been doing that since my ninth grade year when they were the first to offer, so I know where I stand with them.”

As for the other schools in contention, look at Armour-Davis’ previously released top 6 — Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Florida and USC — plus Alabama. The Crimson Tide didn’t make the original list, but Armour-Davis said: “From a more mature standpoint, it would be a 10 times better decision for them to be in it.”

Auburn and Florida State have been the two programs mentioned most with Armour-Davis. Alabama needs to be included in that mix, and as Armour-Davis prepares to take college visits, the other programs on his initial top list of schools also can remain factors.

All the while, Auburn has stayed consistent in Armour-Davis’ ear.

“They haven’t pushed [for a commitment]. They’ve asked, but they haven’t said, ‘Go ahead and commit.’ They’re just wondering where I am and where I stand,” he said.

I can't wait to have a really high rated CB on this team. Been a minute it feels like. 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I can't wait to have a really high rated CB on this team. Been a minute it feels like. 

Wasn't Carlton Davis a highly rated CB?

7 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

About as low a 4 * as it could get. a combined 4 spots lower from any of the sites & he would have been a 3*.

25 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I don't consider a CB barely over the 3* hump a highly rated CB. 

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

About as low a 4 * as it could get. a combined 4 spots lower from any of the sites & he would have been a 3*.

Beat me to it 

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Broussard?

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Broussard?

27th best CB just barely 90 rated. Solid 4*. Jalyn has the opportunity to be a 5* recruit by the end of the cycle. 

The dude I was going to point to is Malcolm Askew. Yes, technically, he was an "athlete," but we were recruiting him as a CB/NB all the way. He was highly rated no matter how you define highly rated. If we're calling him a CB, he should count.

Even so, it would be really nice to as Jalyn. The guy can ball.

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ruffin, Roberts, & Bessent from the 2014 class were Top 125 overall prospects. 2 have been moved to Safety & 1 transferred. They didn't pan out at CB but they were highly rated.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ruffin, Roberts, & Bessent from the 2014 class were Top 125 overall prospects. 2 have been moved to Safety & 1 transferred. They didn't pan out at CB but they were highly rated.

I remember! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 7:13 AM, ellitor said:

Congrats to Jalyn. 

Watch out for Bama.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Watch out for Bama.

do not like that he is committing before he visits Auburn 1 more time.

This would suck to lose 2 st pauls kids in back to back years both of whom we felt good about at one time or another. 

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This would suck to lose 2 st pauls kids in back to back years both of whom we felt good about at one time or another. 

Looks like its gonna happen. I see five CBs now for Bama which just posted yesterday including one from KN and Hank South. Suck suck suck suck suck. 

This is probaly when I first noticed AU felt less confident in him. JAD was suprised at that time all the crystal balls were favoring AU. He was trying to tell us something lol.

Archived