2018 4* CB Jalyn Armour-Davis (Bama)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Looks like its gonna happen. I see five CBs now for Bama which just posted yesterday including one from KN and Hank South. Suck suck suck suck suck. 

position of need as well. Recruiting the secondary it seems is the 1 position group where we do not consitently land top 10 talent.  We struggle to consistently land high 4 star Corners. 5 stars? Don't believe we have ever got a 5 star corner in the star era. WOOF.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like we were dangled out there as the leader so that Bama would make them a priority...again...SMH

44 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Find the money trail.. I bet there is a new car in the deal..

AU people negatively recruiting AU cost us. :rimshot:

AU just got worked. Greg Brown / Gus / T-Will vs Derrick Ansley / Jeremy Pruitt / Nick Saban a criminal offense. T-Will can't do it all. Sicking. Glad CB isn't a huge spot of need this year. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

39 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Feels like we were dangled out there as the leader so that Bama would make them a priority...again...SMH

Actually it was felt FSU had the lead before yesterday.

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually it was felt FSU had the lead before yesterday.

Gotcha...it's just aggravating buddy...

3 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Gotcha...it's just aggravating buddy...

I guess I get that. The main thing that aggrivates me is when we lose a guy when we have a big lead and still want him. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I guess I get that. The main thing that aggrivates me is when we lose a guy when we have a big lead and still want him. 

AU use to have a big lead with this kid. Like on the verge of committing lead. Not so long ago. Then poof. 

21 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU use to have a big lead with this kid. Like on the verge of committing lead. Not so long ago. Then poof. 

I swear there have been a healthy amount of kids like that this cycle. It felt like him, Monday and Jibunor (sp?) were all on the verge of committing and none have done so yet for one reason or another. At least the other 2 have not committed anywhere else yet or SEEM to be leaning somewhere else. *knocks on wood*

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

From the time I started following him FSU was right there all the way so IDK.

State’s top defender has imminent decision

In a dramatic turn of events, Jalyn Armour-Davis has pushed his commitment timetable way up.

As first reported by 247Sports and confirmed by SEC Country, Armour-Davis has decided to announce his college decision with a single tweet on Friday at 12:30 p.m. Armour-Davis told SEC Country earlier in the month that he thought his decision timeframe ranged from middle of the summer to middle of the football season.

That plan has clearly changed. He’ll announce his decision between Auburn, Florida State and Alabama — his final three.

What also may have changed are Armour-Davis’ feelings about his decision. For a while, these notebooks have had one common message regarding the state of Alabama’s top cornerback: It’s an FSU-Auburn battle that Alabama has a legitimate shot of working its way into.

Armour-Davis confirmed at his state track meet that the Crimson Tide had, in fact, made a major move in his recruitment. Alabama wasn’t in Armour-Davis’ top 6, but — as he trimmed his list even further — Alabama became more and more of a factor, thanks to the recruiting efforts of his primary recruiter Jeremy Pruitt, the Crimson Tide defensive coordinator.

Auburn recruiting-Jalyn Armour Davis-Auburn
Auburn DB target Jalyn Armour-Davis (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Here’s what Armour-Davis had to say about Alabama’s re-entrance to his top list of schools at the time.

“They just wondered where I went wrong, and I wouldn’t say there was anything they did wrong. It was just a way I was feeling. I think, from a more mature standpoint, it would just be a 10 times better decision for them to be in it,” Armour-Davis said on Alabama not originally being in his top 6. “I was more excited in the moment and wanted to push something out. I just took a step back to look at all my schools and everything outside of football.”

There’s also Auburn and Florida State, the two programs most closely tied to Armour-Davis is recent months.

Both of those programs have been cautiously optimistic regarding Armour-Davis for a while now, and Armour-Davis has shown them both major love to feel that way. Until this week, most Armour-Davis predictions would’ve gone to either one of those two programs, and both schools will be in the thick of things when the nation’s No. 15 cornerback announces just prior to the weekend.

But there is a growing trend in the recruiting world that might not settle well with the Auburn fan base. Multiple recruiting reporters, myself included, have forecasted Crystal Ball predictions in Alabama’s favor on this one, and that’s the way I see it going when Armour-Davis chooses on Friday.

Let’s make something else abundantly clear, however: This doesn’t mark the end of Armour-Davis’ recruitment.

All three schools, and maybe even others, will continue to recruit him the same way they have for years. When it comes time to take official visits, you can expect to see Armour-Davis take those. When home visits roll around, all three coaching staffs will make their presence felt. As Armour-Davis even admitted to 247Sports, he knows the “pressure” will pick back up after his football season when he has to reassess these options in a much more personalized and intense form.

Worth noting, student-athletes can’t graduate early from St. Paul’s Episcopal (Ala.) in Mobile, so Armour-Davis’ recruitment will run all the way up until the original National Signing Day in February that we’ve all grown to know and love.

Armour-Davis no longer committing Friday

Davis, the state of Alabama’s top-ranked defensive player, was supposed to announce his commitment to either Alabama, Auburn or Florida State on Friday, but he has decided to hold off on doing so.

“I would like to postpone the decision and focus on other areas and finish school strong,” Armour-Davis tweeted.

It was looking like Alabama was going to be the school he picked on Friday. The reason why the Crimson Tide are a finalist sounds good for Alabama’s chances for whenever he does decide to make his decision.

“It’s the most secure place for me and my family,” Armour-Davis told SEC Country.

That quote is a 180-degree turn from where Alabama stood with the nation’s No. 15 cornerback in February. The Crimson Tide were on the outside of Armour-Davis’ top 6, and they had a lot of ground to make up. In March, Alabama was back in the mix, but Auburn and Florida State were still clearly ahead of Alabama. And then, just over two weeks ago, Armour-Davis told SEC Country that the three finalists he named on Wednesday were the top contenders to land him.

Even when Alabama was on the outside looking in for Armour-Davis, the Tide never stopped recruiting him.

“They just wondered where I went wrong and I wouldn’t say there was anything they did wrong,” Armour-Davis said earlier this month.” It was just a way I was feeling. I think, from a more mature standpoint, it would just be a 10-times-better decision for them to be in it. I was more excited in the moment and wanted to push something out. I just took a step back to look at all my schools and everything outside of football.”

But now, it’s unknown when Armour-Davis will actually make his decision known.

I feel like this kid is so caught up in this decision that even if he does committ to someone, it will be a signing day decision.  

Recruiting against Bama has always been an uphill battle. Now it's even harder. Until Saban retires, with rare exception he will get who he wants. Those he wants but doesn't have room for, he will direct elsewhere with all his might. No easy answers as to how to counter it, but we need to explore options. 

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU people negatively recruiting AU cost us. :rimshot:

Can you shed more light on this?  AU people negatively recruiting AU?

3 minutes ago, tinman said:

Can you shed more light on this?  AU people negatively recruiting AU?

It was a snarky reply to Mikey's assertion that it happens and hurts. Because this is a huge public AU site with many members when groups of people rail on Gus speculating on his job security & want him gone it is a form of negative recruiting. I'm personally not sure how real the effect this next part is but Keith has reported a few times some recruits have told him the negativity from a section of our fan base has been a negative on the recruiting front.

I don't think we are any more negative than other boards.  You think bammer's board impacts their recruiting?   I cannot imagine what that looks like after their one regular season loss they seem to get every year.  

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Somebody on another school's staff other than Alabama got into his ear 

Are you referring to Dameyune Craig?

6 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I don't think we are any more negative than other boards.  You think bammer's board impacts their recruiting?   I cannot imagine what that looks like after their one regular season loss they seem to get every year.  

Any negatives they may have about their program I doubt are as loud as some of the AU fans are pertaining to Gus.

4 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Are you referring to Dameyune Craig?

I believe CDC can't recruit with his current job at FSU.

Archived