2018 4* CB Jalyn Armour-Davis (Bama)

ellitor

3 hours ago, thaitopher said:

T-Will seriously needs a salary bump. Sounds like he is doing the work of two people.

Well, one thing is certain, if we don't recognize it another program will. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, casatiger said:

Well, one thing is certain, if we don't recognize it another program will. 

I think he stated he would like to be the next Joe Whitt,IMO we should give him that chance.

TWill is Boss!  

If his main career objective is to be an AUsome LB coach for the next 30-40 years, I say we make him the highest paid position coach in the nation (not right now, but eventually - I know our current AD is one extreme or the other, no moderation)

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

TWill is Boss!  

If his main career objective is to be an AUsome LB coach for the next 30-40 years, I say we make him the highest paid position coach in the nation (not right now, but eventually - I know our current AD is one extreme or the other, no moderation)

I think he's working hard. However before I dubbed him worthy of a raise or the highest paid position coach I personally would love to see him get a couple 1st rounders and maybe a couple stud classes back to back. jmo

12 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

I think he's working hard. However before I dubbed him worthy of a raise or the highest paid position coach I personally would love to see him get a couple 1st rounders and maybe a couple stud classes back to back. jmo

No disrespect but I can verify TWill more then carrying his weigh and should be making at least if not more then Kodi. Kodi has done very little to have such a pay rate hell Kodi got kicked out of Mobile and TWill had to take over to calm the area

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No disrespect but I can verify TWill more then carrying his weigh and should be making at least if not more then Kodi. Kodi has done very little to have such a pay rate hell Kodi got kicked out of Mobile and TWill had to take over.

Fair enough. No disrespect taken as I personally don't know either.

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No disrespect but I can verify TWill more then carrying his weigh and should be making at least if not more then Kodi. Kodi has done very little to have such a pay rate hell Kodi got kicked out of Mobile and TWill had to take over to calm the area

Can you elaborate on why Kodi was kicked out of Mobile?  Thanks!  

I doubt you will ever get the real story on why Kodi is no longer covering the Mobile area.  Mobile is a critical area because of the talent that comes out of Mobile. It was hinted in prior threads about Kodi not following through on commitments that were made to recruits.  Don't know what that means and if it had anything to do with losing out on St Paul DE recruit last year?  But Mobile is such a strong hold for bammer that we had to have one of our best recruiters there and Twill fits that need.  I think Kodi has a long way to go to being a good recruiter.  He may develop into one, but you don't change your personality.  

12 minutes ago, tinman said:

@WarDamnEagleWDE is the best one to answer this. I can't remember what he posted publicly so I'm not going to speak for him.

Top CB’s delayed decision positive news for Auburn

False alarm.

Jalyn Armour-Davis, the top defensive player in the state of Alabama, decided not to disclose his decision on Friday as he planned. A 4-star cornerback, Armour-Davis posted a message on Twitter that told coaches, fans and reporters that he will delay his commitment to take care of other matters.

“I would like to postpone my decision and focus on other areas and finish school strong,” Armour-Davis wrote.

There was no indication why Armour-Davis elected to change his decision date.

With that said, it’s likely positive news for Auburn. Alabama appeared to have made a late, defining move with Armour-Davis to make him change his decision to the beginning of the summer. The Crimson Tide had overtaken both Auburn and Florida State, both of whom had long been considered the likeliest places for Armour-Davis to land.

If Armour-Davis plans to take more visits — which he said he would earlier in the month before this week’s unexpected switch — Auburn would be wise to work him into the Big Cat Weekend lineup. Alabama’s late push will force Auburn to find some kind of momentum for a prospect the Tigers have been recruiting since he was a freshman at St. Paul’s Episcopal (Mobile. Ala.).

4 hours ago, tinman said:

No, I can't, assuming he was, in fact, kicked out. There has been a change in assignments. Whether that consists of being kicked out is a very subjective opinion. But go to the threads of the wide receivers that are being recruited by Kodi this year and you'll see numerous quotes concerning how highly "his" recruits think of him. Those remarks by recruits and the "Kodi can't recruit" talk are definitely at odds with each other.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No, I can't, assuming he was, in fact, kicked out. There has been a change in assignments. Whether that consists of being kicked out is a very subjective opinion. But go to the threads of the wide receivers that are being recruited by Kodi this year and you'll see numerous quotes concerning how highly "his" recruits think of him. Those remarks by recruits and the "Kodi can't recruit" talk are definitely at odds with each other.

I personally would stop short of saying that "Kodi can't recruit", only because he hasn't been around long enough for us to know for sure that he's incapable of it; however, I would also stop short of saying that current, positive reviews negate prior, negative ones. It just may be that he's learning and getting better, which would be great. 

Thanks to all for your input.  But it seems to me that a hot bed of talent area like Mobile is not a place for on the job training, which it appears Gus made a poor decision to put Kodi there with his lack of experience.  Hope it all works out for Kodi and AU.

59 minutes ago, tinman said:

Thanks to all for your input.  But it seems to me that a hot bed of talent area like Mobile is not a place for on the job training, which it appears Gus made a poor decision to put Kodi there with his lack of experience.  Hope it all works out for Kodi and AU.

yep agree totally...................... at least he did make the change when he was told of the problem. 

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

yep agree totally...................... at least he did make the change when he was told of the problem. 

This is what I can handle from Gus, and Kodi. As long as they keep learning. 

19 hours ago, Mikey said:

Guess the best way to say this is T-Will was requested by coaches here in the Mobile area to recruit those schools. So Gus obliged.

And Kodi needs to "finish" on his recruits. 

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Guess the best way to say this is T-Will was requested by coaches here in the Mobile area to recruit those schools. So Gus obliged.

And Kodi needs to "finish" on his recruits. 

We'll see come signing day.

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hope he does. He is in on some top talent at WR. I'm not wishing Kodi failure. 

Right because that only hurts AU. If we lose Ross in our back yard that will be pretty telling. There's no ifs, &s, or buts about it.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Right because that only hurts AU. If we lose Ross in our back yard that will be pretty telling. There's no ifs, &s, or buts about it.

AU people in the know still say AU leads for Ross right now. My problem is  uat people in the know are saying uat. Done deal to uat. Both sides are usually right. 5* instate, my head says uat. We shall see. I will get a better feel on this after BCW. 

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We lose players from Phenix City frequently. What makes Ross different from the others we couldn't get from there? Start with LB Woodrow Lowe and come forward through the decades to the LB we lost last year. We bat less than .500 with contested Phenix City players. There won't be anything 'telling" about another PC player heading to UAT.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU people in the know still say AU leads for Ross right now. My problem is  uat people in the know are saying uat. Done deal to uat. Both sides are usually right. 5* instate, my head says uat. We shall see. I will get a better feel on this after BCW. 

I've seen one of the source who has usually been spot on most of the time over the years say that.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

We lose players from Phenix City frequently. What makes Ross different from the others we couldn't get from there? Start with LB Woodrow Lowe and come forward through the decades to the LB we lost last year. We bat less than .500 with contested Phenix City players. There won't be anything 'telling" about another PC player heading to UAT.

I'd say the difference is that Ross is a 5* instate kid who grew up a AU fan and has been around the program for a long long time. And AU was a big leader for his signature. Would be a epic fail not just for Kodi but the whole offensive coaching staff. Have to win these battles. No excuses on this one. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

And that's a problem. We had a huge lead for Benron til he and his family took a surprise visit to Bama. From that point on his family took over his recruitment & it was over. The HC at PC was very disappointed how the Benton family handled things after that & he's not even an AU fan.

Archived