2018 4* CB Jalyn Armour-Davis (Bama)

ellitor

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

“It’s the most secure place for me and my family,” Armour-Davis told SEC Country

It's this year's "It's a business decision".

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I believe CDC can't recruit with his current job at FSU.

200w.gif

15 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Find the money trail.. I bet there is a new car in the deal..

It wouldn't matter if you did. Even if you provided the ncaa video evidence about all that would happen is the turds would get a slap on the wrist.

Mobile is the REC's strongest area in this state. It's always unusual when we pull a player they want out of there. After that, it's "anywhere but Auburn" for the players they don't want themselves. Obviously I hope this gets turned around but we're going to have to change some things there.

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I swear there have been a healthy amount of kids like that this cycle. It felt like him, Monday and Jibunor (sp?) were all on the verge of committing and none have done so yet for one reason or another. At least the other 2 have not committed anywhere else yet or SEEM to be leaning somewhere else. *knocks on wood*

We need Monday in the fold ASAP. Kid is a absolute beast. One of the most under rated players, recruiting ranking, I've seen. 

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I swear there have been a healthy amount of kids like that this cycle. It felt like him, Monday and Jibunor (sp?) were all on the verge of committing and none have done so yet for one reason or another. At least the other 2 have not committed anywhere else yet or SEEM to be leaning somewhere else. *knocks on wood*

I feel like I've seen several kids say that they like how Auburn coaches don't pressure them to commit, and tell them to take their time with it. I know very little about anything, but just a possibility, maybe we *should* be pressuring them to commit more than we are. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like I've seen several kids say that they like how Auburn coaches don't pressure them to commit, and tell them to take their time with it. I know very little about anything, but just a possibility, maybe we *should* be pressuring them to commit more than we are. 

It might help with some kids it might push others away. Recruiting is more art than science. A great recruiter knows which technique works better with each recruit and even then you are deal with 17 and 18 year old kids who can change their mind on a whim.

Not putting myself in the category of a recruit. I was Navy brat who had never been to the state of Alabama whose 10th and 11th grade years were in Quantico, Va on the Marine Base. but I graduated from Mission Bay HS in Mission Bay, Ca. I got a letter from a friend I went to HS in Quantico who was year older than me and who went to Auburn. Only letter he ever wrote me telling me to go to Auburn and I decided to go. So at 17 I started college at Auburn.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It might help with some kids it might push others away. Recruiting is more art than science. A great recruiter knows which technique works better with each recruit and even then you are deal with 17 and 18 year old kids who can change their mind on a whim.

Not putting myself in the category of a recruit. I was Navy brat who had never been to the state of Alabama whose 10th and 11th grade years were in Quantico, Va on the Marine Base. but I graduated from Mission Bay HS in Mission Bay, Ca. I got a letter from a friend I went to HS in Quantico who was year older than me and who went to Auburn. Only letter he ever wrote me telling me to go to Auburn and I decided to go. So at 17 I started college at Auburn.

Good choice

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I've never had to try and recruit a high school player but maybe we should put a little pressure on them.  It doesn't seem to hurt uat.

7 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I've never had to try and recruit a high school player but maybe we should put a little pressure on them.  It doesn't seem to hurt uat.

I agree completely. We always seem to have a lot of top prospects who "almost" commit in the summer, eventually commit to a rival in the fall. Of course, it's hard to have leverage to pressure recruits when you can't consistently have big seasons. Hopefully that trend starts to,change this year. 

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree completely. We always seem to have a lot of top prospects who "almost" commit in the summer, eventually commit to a rival in the fall. Of course, it's hard to have leverage to pressure recruits when you can't consistently have big seasons. Hopefully that trend starts to,change this year. 

Does it really matter if they commit or not,nothing is binding until the letter of intent is signed  am I right? I mean they could still change their mind even if they commit.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

Does it really matter if they commit or not,nothing is binding until the letter of intent is signed  am I right? I mean they could still change their mind even if they commit.

On the whole if a player publicly commits there is a 90% it sticks. It matters.

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

Yes, it is not binding until signing day. However, early commitments from top players does 2 things. First, it builds a lot of buzz and momentum on and off the recruiting trail. Second, it provides leverage. The more commitments you get early, the easier it is to tell other top uncommitted recruits you only have a few slots left.  

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes, it is not binding until signing day. However, early commitments from top players does 2 things. First, it builds a lot of buzz and momentum on and off the recruiting trail. Second, it provides leverage. The more commitments you get early, the easier it is to tell other top uncommitted recruits you only have a few slots left.  

I agree with you.It just seems more and more players commit and then decommit or flip before signing day.It is good though when players commit early and stick.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

I agree with you.It just seems more and more players commit and then decommit or flip before signing day.It is good though when players commit early and stick.

That because the ones who flip or decommit make the most news. That skews perception. The reality is only around 10% of recruits who commit don't sign with that school.

On 5/25/2017 at 2:21 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Somebody on another school's staff other than Alabama got into his ear 

Keith says AU got in his ear. My guess is T-Will.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That because the ones who flip or decommit make the most news. That skews perception. The reality is only around 10% of recruits who commit don't sign with that school.

true

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith says AU got in his ear. My guess is T-Will.

T-Will seriously needs a salary bump. Sounds like he is doing the work of two people.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

T-Will seriously needs a salary bump. Sounds like he is doing the work of two people.

Yep. Looks to me like we could use another 7-8 T-Wills as recruiters. That is proving to be a stellar hire.

Archived