Spring Notes/News

Maverick.AU

16 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Just how bad was Dean's injury?  Dude's been hurt since he got here it seems.

I thought it was a torn meniscus but it was so long ago in pre season practice I do not remember. I think why Ohio St cut him loose is because he was not medically cleared by their doctors but ours gave him the OK.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big thanks to the mod for the edit on my OP! After about 4 tweets it's started acting weird about adding more tweets to the post/ it was acting slow. Thanks for the clean up.

48 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Based on size and ball control, I don't think TB would be a good position for him.  Maybe WR or CB.  He had issues last year with losing the ball.  I surely don't want him running it on a more than regular basis

I just think if he were to switch from QB, he'd get to practice carrying the ball more and run through drills that allow him to get stronger in that area. Would be a shame to waste speed like that. I think he'd be a great kickoff returner with a little time back there- he's got really good vision

Just now, bigbird said:

S Markell Boston “didn’t meet our standards,” Malzahn said.

well, chit.

Safety is gonna be an issue this year unless we get some folks healthy that can play.

Just now, bigbird said:

S Markell Boston “didn’t meet our standards,” Malzahn said.

well, chit.

Not that we need to lose bodies at Safety, but if we're going to lose someone, I'm glad it's a guy who had 6 tackles as a sophomore and not... say... our starting running back.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Not that we need to lose bodies at Safety, but if we're going to lose someone, I'm glad it's a guy who had 6 tackles as a sophomore and not... say... our starting running back.

When you have 6 running backs and only play 1 or 2, you can absorb some loss. When you have 6 safeties and play 3 most of the time, losing one hurts.

Matthews, Roberts, Ruffin, Character, Thomas....

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When you have 6 running backs and only play 1 or 2, you can absorb some loss. When you have 6 safeties and play 3 most of the time, losing one hurts.

Matthews, Roberts, Ruffin, Character, Thomas....

Oh I get you... that's why I said we didn't need to lose a body. I still think we can take it in stride better than losing Jovon for the same reason.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What is Jauntavis Johnson's health/injury issue?  Seems it was a knee coming out of high school.  

He had a knee injury in high school that was repaired when he got to Auburn. He rehabbed it during redshirt year, then tore his ACL just prior to fall camp if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was the same knee. 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That definitely sounds like a family thing.

I want to say that I think his mom may not be in the best health? Not sure if this is the reason or why I think that, but Kyle was one of my fav recruits so I hope all is well! 

And WOO HOO for football! I'm getting excited for the fall! 

I'm nervous about moving our returning OLinemen to other positions on the line, especially Braden who was so dang effective at RG. I know we have a new OC and that is literally my only hope that we get the best and the right combination at the right spots out there.

But if I was Braden Smith I'd be happy. The earning potential for tackles is much higher than guards.

Archived