Spring Notes/News

Maverick.AU

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Might still be... could be he has a family issue to deal with... could be he got in a class that he couldn't handle... there are lots of reasons for an "out or personal reasons" issue other than walking off the straight and narrow.

His mom does have health concerns from time to time. However, i hope and pray that's not the reason but that's the only thing i can think of with Kyle other than class. His mother is often confined to a wheelchair. 

14 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

The hype continues.  Even the videos have dramatic emphasis on this guy. 

19 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

His mom does have health concerns from time to time. However, i hope and pray that's not the reason but that's the only thing i can think of with Kyle other than class. His mother is often confined to a wheelchair. 

Sad to hear that.  Sucks the worst for college players, because the college can't legally do anything to help her come see him play or spend time with him.

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

The hype continues.  Even the videos have dramatic emphasis on this guy. 

No kidding... I don't even remember Cam getting this level of press... and let's face it, Stidham may be great, but he is no Cam.

5 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat! Spring practice has started!?

Shoot

Some of us ain't finished Mardi Gras

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sad to hear that.  Sucks the worst for college players, because the college can't legally do anything to help her come see him play or spend time with him.

Agree. I know for sure she made it to at least a couple of games last season. Hopefully she'll have a chance to attend more with each season. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree. I know for sure she made it to at least a couple of games last season. Hopefully she'll have a chance to attend more with each season. 

That's a really great idea for a charity service, actually.  Providing services for ailing family members to see their kids play in college.  As long as the service was open to every team, the NCAA couldn't do jack about it.  I'm sure there would be a way to leverage Uber/Lyft and some other existing services, to make it easy to spread it nationally.

I think Chandler Cox may be my favorite tiger. He really seems like he is just happy to be here. He's always willing to work and during last season you could see the improvement nearly every game. Great guy and great HB......just not the best QB. 

@oracle79 Since I don't think anyone answered your question, Dean tore up his knee in high school. His Jr season then again his Sr year.  He signed with OSU out of high school, but was not cleared by their team doctor's. 

He sat a year because of transfer rules while his knee healed. 

Then during the 1st or 2nd week in August, he tore up his other knee. The only reports were his injury would require surgery and he would be out an extended amount of time. 

Hasn't been much more on his injury, unless I missed something. 

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

No kidding... I don't even remember Cam getting this level of press... and let's face it, Stidham may be great, but he is no Cam.

Nobody had any idea what cam would be like when he got here, as he hardly played any significance at UF. Completely different scenarios . Stop it.

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

Mikey keeps track of these things and I think during Gus' tenure we are averaging like 11 a year for leaving early or transferring.  He could tell you exactly.

Right now we're sitting at eight lost to attrition since August 1st. That's through Boston and the two sniors announced today. I'm not counting S. Davis jr. because nobody is real sure that he was ever put on scholarship. Normally there are a few more that quit after spring practice when they see they aren't moving up the depth chart.

If anybody out there can play DB and has some eligibility left, now is the time to step up! :) We are getting mighty thin back there. I don't like all the DB's injured right now. It's not very often that someone has to sit out the spring and then turns into a big contributor when the season starts.

Archived