Maverick.AU

Spring Notes/News

140 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DAG said:

That's the problem . You are on SW **** so much you don't understand when I am taking a direct swipe at you calling him fairly average. Has nothing to do with SW.

You know, DAG... I've enjoyed some of our back and forth from time to time... you are more worthy opponent than most... but when you decide to be crude and make personal attacks because you can't defend your position, I'm done.  

Have a good one.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Just now, lionheartkc said:

You know, DAG... I've enjoyed some of our back and forth from time to time... you are more worthy opponent than most... but when you decide to be crude and make personal attacks because you can't defend your position, I'm done.  

Have a good one.

Same to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You know, DAG... I've enjoyed some of our back and forth from time to time... you are more worthy opponent than most... but when you decide to be crude and make personal attacks because you can't defend your position, I'm done.  

Have a good one.

I will say this lionhearted I apologize for the way I came off . You are indeed a good poster . With that being said , I truly feel like your initial post about JS was definitely a hating type of comment . I do think he is hyped, but there is a reason for that . Just like there is a reason why this team in itself is hyped . We have talented individuals across the board . Now, it is up to us to live up to the hype. The same goes with JS. I am not saying he needs to be a heisman QB for AU to be successful. But if he can resemble the stats that he did as a true freshman with the defense we have and the offensive core around him, there is no reason we should run the table . I will say I did get butt hurt when you called him average as I have to believe that if SW put up those stats as a freshman, you and a couple of others would not let that die down. Now you are downplaying his competition as well?! As soft as you might think OU is, they are a legit team year in and year out. It seems very contradictory to me. I know SW had a very rough time adapting has a RS freshman and most of what I heard was he is a freshman , give him a break . Funny thing is I actually agreed with you long ago about the media hyping him up. However , I can't say that I was a fan of your original statement . Tempering media hype is completely different than saying this guy is not even as good as Cam Newton and he is getting more hype than him. It is almost like you are upset that he has all of this expectation and excitement around him.

Edited by DAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well how about this spring practice thing. I think we have a good OL shuffle and lots of folks trying to learn so they can get in playing rotation.  

Also hear there is some sort of QB competition going on.  Maybe every one on here can come and bash current players and each other.

Ahh forget that you must all agree with my stance can't have a difference of opinion. You must follow what I say!!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About that OL... I'm starting to get fired up about the possibility of Golson, Horton and Smith from center heading right. That could be a wrecking crew right there. Golson hasn't always had that nasty streak but that's probably tough when you're learning on the job. If he's comfortable in his spot going into the season, then we might in very good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want a healthy qb...and rb, and kicker, etc. :Sing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

I just want a healthy qb...and rb, and kicker, etc. :Sing:

I am hoping we can find a compliment RB for KP. I thought Truitt could've been that but he is gone. Not completely sold on KJ.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want everyone to have fun

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DAG said:

I will say this lionhearted I apologize for the way I came off . You are indeed a good poster . With that being said , I truly feel like your initial post about JS was definitely a hating type of comment . I do think he is hyped, but there is a reason for that . Just like there is a reason why this team in itself is hyped . We have talented individuals across the board . Now, it is up to us to live up to the hype. The same goes with JS. I am not saying he needs to be a heisman QB for AU to be successful. But if he can resemble the stats that he did as a true freshman with the defense we have and the offensive core around him, there is no reason we should run the table . I will say I did get butt hurt when you called him average as I have to believe that if SW put up those stats as a freshman, you and a couple of others would not let that die down. Now you are downplaying his competition as well?! As soft as you might think OU is, they are a legit team year in and year out. It seems very contradictory to me. I know SW had a very rough time adapting has a RS freshman and most of what I heard was he is a freshman , give him a break . Funny thing is I actually agreed with you long ago about the media hyping him up. However , I can't say that I was a fan of your original statement . Tempering media hype is completely different than saying this guy is not even as good as Cam Newton and he is getting more hype than him. It is almost like you are upset that he has all of this expectation and excitement around him.

Thanks for this very reasoned and well spoken post.  

I get where you are coming from. I will say I am upset that there is all of this expectation and excitement around him, because that is a crap load of pressure to put on a kid who has started 3 games in the last 2 years. He's got enough on him just trying to adjust to a new school, a new team, a new offensive scheme, etc. I invoked Cam because he was the last proven QB we've had on our roster and the best shot, before taking a snap, of winning a championship and a Heisman, and let's face it... no matter how good Stidham ends up being, he won't be Cam... Cam is a freak of nature. He had also "been there" by leading his team to an undefeated season and championship. He had felt the pressure and responded perfectly. No one has any clue how Stidham will respond to the pressure of trying to win the SEC or a National Championship. Hopefully he's cool as ice.

Do I think he's can be a championship caliber QB? Definitely.  Do I think he can win a Heisman... I don't know... maybe.  Probably not this year, when he has to compete with guys like Mayfield and Jackson who are more seasoned. Do I think it's WAY overboard that everyone with a keyboard and a public forum is acting like he's the savior of Auburn Football before he takes a snap? Absolutely.  Let the kid breathe. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

About that OL... I'm starting to get fired up about the possibility of Golson, Horton and Smith from center heading right. That could be a wrecking crew right there. Golson hasn't always had that nasty streak but that's probably tough when you're learning on the job. If he's comfortable in his spot going into the season, then we might in very good shape.

It's going to be interesting to see what having actual competition for the Center spot does to Golson. I can't see anything but positives from bringing in an All-American to compete for that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's going to be interesting to see what having actual competition for the Center spot does to Golson. I can't see anything but positives from bringing in an All-American to compete for that position.

Totally agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now