Who steps up - Spring

corchjay

In you guys opinion who do y'all expect to step it up and everyone take notice.  This will be the coaches praise in the media guys because we won't actually get to see.

For me...

Offense

Horton, R. Davis, NCM, and M. Miller

Defense

Brown, Atkinson, Coe, (Mathews by default)

Offense
Sal (just because we haven't had a fully utilized play making tight end in forever), NCM (because he's finally healthy and wants it), Stove (I think he will be our star receiver), and hopefully Horton.

Defense
Daniel Thomas (he's got the heart, he just needs the reps), Coe, Brown, Cowart... and a longshot, but I'm interested to see is Askew cracks the rotation and makes waves.  

My hope is that it's Coach Lindsey,

even it it is just in Coach Malzahn's eyes/notice.

The ESPN #1 recruit in the country 2 years ago needs to step up.

One of the receivers needs to step up and show he's "the man".

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

One of the receivers needs to step up and show he's "the man".

This is something I don't want to happen. I want 2-3 to step up and be "the man" so that teams can't just focus on one of them.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

This is something I don't want to happen. I want 2-3 to step up and be "the man" so that teams can't just focus on one of them.

Oh, I agree i'd like to see multiple receivers and backs/TE's with double digit catches, but I want one guy to be the guy the other team's defensive coordinator has to to scheme for or he's gonna get beat (i.e. Julio, Hopkins, Watkins, Megatron, etc).  Maybe not to the degree of those guys, but someone that if you cover him one on one, he's gonna make you pay.

I can see Davidson stepping into a leadership role on the defensive side of the ball. He has it in him for sure. I agree with the above comments on the wide receivers. That group as a whole needs to step up now that we have a proper QB and play caller.... hopefully. 

I think we see Tre Williams take that same leap that Monty Adams did from "really good player" to "holy sh** this is his team now". Tray Matthews to a lesser degree on that side of the ball.

I think Davidson is a given. So is Brown, IMO. Looking for more from the other guys inside. I hope we hear good things about Coe. 

Horton and/or Harrell. Hopefully Darius James?

Miller, Martin, Cox. 

Still pulling for Jason Smith. I don't think he's suddenly a 20 catch guy but as a senior in a crazy young unit with athleticism to spare, he's a big play waiting to happen if he can just keep his head on straight.

I agree with all the above. I want Stidham to show out as well. He needs to be not only good, but great at times. 

On offense, naturally I want Stidham to step front and center, plus I would love to see all the wide receivers and the new offenaive lineman and our  new TE Sal Canella. 

On defense, I want to see Davidson and Brown to step forward plus I would love for Cowart to show why he was named the #1 recruit in the country two years ago.

Archived