Null



ellitor

2018 4* OT/OG William Barnes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

I respect your opinion, but I don't feel the love for Hand you do. We will know more about him as a coach next year, maybe he will change my mind. 

People will say the same thing about this every year. “We will know more about him as a coach next year” why can’t he just be a good coach? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




54 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

So u think Hand was the problem? Or could it have been changing to Lindsey's Zone Blocking vs Gus Man Blocking? That's a very hard transition.

Look at ol Herbie's time at penn st if you think he is some OL coaching wizard. They were waiting to run him out of town before we gladly took them off his hands. His OL nearly got hackenburg concussed each game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Look at ol Herbie's time at penn st if you think he is some OL coaching wizard. They were waiting to run him out of town before we gladly took them off his hands. His OL nearly got hackenburg concussed each game.

Could it be possible you don't know the entire story behind Penn State's OL issues during CHH time there?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, creed said:

Could it be possible you don't know the entire story behind Penn State's OL issues during CHH time there?

 

Lemme guess you are going to blame the penn st scandal for his bad OL? He was always regarded as more of a recruiter than technician anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Good to see Herb is the new target to blame on things. 

hey hey to much positivity is not good for any fanbase!!! it leads to complacency. It is good to have the extremely positive people and the negative ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Good to see Herb is the new target to blame on things. 

I am not gonna lie. I revel in negativity. I do not do this whole being positive thing very well. What can I say?! I love to b%$#h!! I am really god at it as you can see!!! hahaha... but seriously this is where good recruiters come through. IN THE CLUTCH. When you need to have a big year with a position group with all the senior starters we are losing to replace them. So far he has not done a good job so far. There is still time with barnes and Richard G! Hill hurts though. We had no business losing him to georgia. We had a much easier path to playing time to offer and they are adding a guard who is probaly even better than him in this same class as him for georgia. We flat out whiffed and dropped the ball on that one.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am not gonna lie. I revel in negativity. I do not do this whole being positive thing very well. What can I say?! I love to b%$#h!! I am really god at it as you can see!!! hahaha... but seriously this is where good recruiters come through. IN THE CLUTCH. When you need to have a big year with a position group with all the senior starters we are losing to replace them. So far he has not done a good job so far. There is still time with barnes and Richard G! Hill hurts though. We had no business losing him to georgia. We had a much easier path to playing time to offer and they are adding a guard who is probaly even better than him in this same class as him for georgia. We flat out whiffed and dropped the ball on that one.

So if we land G and/or Barnes then what? We have a plethora of Guards on the roster right now, and we need tackles obviously. If we land those two, which coach will everyone start blaming then? Kodi again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So if we land G and/or Barnes then what? We have a plethora of Guards on the roster right now, and we need tackles obviously. If we land those two, which coach will everyone start blaming then? Kodi again?

Richard G is a tackle and barnes plays both.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So if we land G and/or Barnes then what? We have a plethora of Guards on the roster right now, and we need tackles obviously. If we land those two, which coach will everyone start blaming then? Kodi again?

kodi?!?! OHHHHHH FAMMY!!! that ship has long sailed far far away!!! He killed it this class!!! Seth Williams was one of the most impressive pulls I have seen from a AU coach!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN KODI!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Yep, 5 SR OL with lots of experience, 2 of them most likely being drafted makes an OL coaches job very easy.

Near season's end someone who is usually correct about such things (I don't remember exactly who) posted the number of games missed by starting O-line players this season. The number was extremely high and unusual. Why do you think Golson kept moving from one place to another?  Some coaching whim, or could it have been injuries, do you think? Hand did one helluva job this year under the most difficult of circumstances. Those injuries made his job the most difficult of any position coach on the team. You say his job was very easy? Good Grief!

  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Richard G is a tackle and barnes plays both.

I know what positions they’re projected to play. What I’m saying is if he pulls either of them or both, what will be the next thing to complain about? I’ve understood the negativity, I’ve understood the complaints, what I don’t understand is why people are targeting Herb as the new resident punching bag. He’s done a decent to better job than most in the conference not to mention the players love him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I know what positions they’re projected to play. What I’m saying is if he pulls either of them or both, what will be the next thing to complain about? I’ve understood the negativity, I’ve understood the complaints, what I don’t understand is why people are targeting Herb as the new resident punching bag. He’s done a decent to better job than most in the conference not to mention the players love him.

Because it seems that some always need to punch somebody and now that Kodi has brought in a good class of wide receivers the piranha school had to head somewhere. In its mindless desperation it has headed towards Hand. Let him sign a 4* or two in February and they'll turn to somebody else. I suppose that would be Horton, who only signed two running backs this time. Never mind that we only wanted two, somebody HAS to be gnawed upon or the piranhas will starve.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let em starve!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because it seems that some always need to punch somebody and now that Kodi has brought in a good class of wide receivers the piranha school had to head somewhere. In its mindless desperation it has headed towards Hand. Let him sign a 4* or two in February and they'll turn to somebody else. I suppose that would be Horton, who only signed two running backs this time. Never mind that we only wanted two, somebody HAS to be gnawed upon or the piranhas will starve.

That is correct. I need something to b*$%^, whine and moan about!!! lol come on now!!! It would be so boring if there was another addition to the positive people book club! I need someone to blame!!! Cannot ever be content mr linebacker!!! That is when you notice your expectations for our great program start to slip! Also recruiting is a every year thing not a every other year thing! You got to bring it every cycle for a assistant. That is why it is nothing but a lovefest for our beloved Auburn man Twill!!!! WOOO!!!! I love that guy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I know what positions they’re projected to play. What I’m saying is if he pulls either of them or both, what will be the next thing to complain about? I’ve understood the negativity, I’ve understood the complaints, what I don’t understand is why people are targeting Herb as the new resident punching bag. He’s done a decent to better job than most in the conference not to mention the players love him.

Because OL is a need for this class. Arguably the biggest need right up there with safety and up to this point ol herbie has not delivered! He was brought in because he was a better recruiter than the technician specalist jb! Lets see it then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does nobody say anything negative about Brown? We really gonna bash the Oline coach and he has done good. Our secondary played decent but how long are refs gonna let them be that physical? They were very grabby. It had to be taught by Brown because they were not that way with McGriff. I'll give it to them they got away with it a lot, because they only grab for 2 seconds at a time.  I like our Safety recruiting but I'm unsure about the recruits at Corner. 

  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That post was to make a point about how ridiculous it is to bash Hand. 

Could also say, looks like Garner has done well this class with guys who can play DE/Buck but Miller is the only true DT and we need DT. Blah blah... Hand don't get the job done, he will be dealt with. You can bet on that. There are little things all the coaches can be nit picked about. No reason to target one coach, it's honestly sad how quickly the name Kodi dissipated.  Porter is our HB/TE coach correct? Where the hell is a HB/TE in this class??? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is correct. I need something to b*$%^, whine and moan about!!! lol come on now!!! It would be so boring if there was another addition to the positive people book club! I need someone to blame!!! Cannot ever be content mr linebacker!!! That is when you notice your expectations for our great program start to slip! Also recruiting is a every year thing not a every other year thing! You got to bring it every cycle for a assistant. That is why it is nothing but a lovefest for our beloved Auburn man Twill!!!! WOOO!!!! I love that guy.

One word Midol...:-)

Just kidding carry on with your posting approach.

Edited by creed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharp is exclusively playing OT as well. We have five scholarship guys at OT right now and none are seniors, meaning all are back next year. We need to sign one or two because you should do that every year, but every class isn’t going to be last year’s group with Ashley and Troxell. 

Hand needs to show he can find the right mix at the start of a season. He’s show he can piece a line together during a year. But we’ve had early issues and changed the arrangement two years in a row (Golson moving inside stabilized us in 2016; Golson to LT and Dunn to C had the same effect this year). I know he likes to cross train and it certainly helped this year. Still, we’ll be younger next year. We need to find the five and let them settle in as early as possible. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now