2018 4* OT/OG William Barnes

ellitor

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Any progress on that? It should be hard for us to lose to NC if he really sees what we have to offer.

Nope. Not coming. Hand leaving was the final straw. Kid was going to pick UNC anyway. Meant to move the thread to the Rivals section a couple days ago.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From everything I've read, the kid has been nearly 100% North Carolina from the beginning and us getting him was never really in the cards. When a kid at his level is sold on a school like North Carolina, you aren't going to tear him away, because it's not about quality of coaches, quality of facilities, or quality of opponents, it's about the fact that he flat out loves the school. 

35 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

This one is pretty much over. Might as well move this thread to the Rivals forum. 

:nopityA::(

27 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

From everything I've read, the kid has been nearly 100% North Carolina from the beginning and us getting him was never really in the cards. When a kid at his level is sold on a school like North Carolina, you aren't going to tear him away, because it's not about quality of coaches, quality of facilities, or quality of opponents, it's about the fact that he flat out loves the school. 

With respect, not near the beginning. Just since the coaching change at Florida. Florida had led before then.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nowhere near the beginning. Just since the coaching change at Florida. Florida had led before then.

Ok... I just gathered that from recruiting chatter... I haven't followed his recruitment. Still, point about loving the school when a big name is all in for a lesser school still stands.

Archived