2018 4* WR Kearis Jackson

ellitor

36 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Every school has a couple coaches that are like Kodi and T-will.  T-will just has an advantage of working under a mentor in Steele.  Trust me He has made the transition for T-will much easier.

True but T-Will was doing work on the recruiting trail even before he became a full on field coach.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

And also this is Auburn, so we're gonna complain. Lol!

Since I agree & you're a preacher I get to pull this one out again.

Come on Jackson.  Let's just grab all the 4 and 5 stars off the 7v7 team.  

Talent wise he would be a bigger get then Ross IMO other then the instate thing.  Just a lot of equally good players in the state this year.  Can't really tell much of a difference in the numbers 10-35 in state

Good read from a UGA site although it's a bit choppy...

Major 4-star WR target Kearis Jackson is visiting Auburn

I spoke to Kearis Jackson for the first time back in early April of 2016. He’d just picked up his second offer from Mark Richt’s Hurricanes down in Miami. They came in right behind Western Kentucky.

He was one of those quick-twitch kids at Peach County. That program’s reputation means something. An athletic kid in Fort Valley is akin to a salesman pointing out that real expensive Ferrari on their lot.

A lot has changed for Jackson since then. The 4-star receiver has picked up offers aplenty. Georgia’s came in on April 25 of last year. He’s somehow won a state championship in the shot put. That’s pretty rare air for a pass catcher.

He’s somehow won a state championship in the shot put. That’s pretty rare air for a pass catcher. Jackson is even set to become a big brother to a new addition to the family. His baby sister Madeline is on the way.

Kearis Jackson-UGA recruiting
Kearis Jackson is a major priority for UGA in the Class of 2018. (Jeff Sentell/DawgNation)

The next grand reveal for the family will be where he will choose to play college football. The nation’s No. 24 receiver for the 2018 cycle (per the 247SportsComposite) will make his choice on August 19.

UGA will be anticipating that day. The folks at Peach County told me at their spring game that receivers coach James Coley had him as a top priority at the position going back to last football season.

Which teams are in it for Kearis Jackson? 

Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan and Ohio State sound like the real contenders here. FSU and LSU also make his Top 7. Are there any of those schools rising to the top with a strong closing kick?

Kearis Jackson plans to make his college decision on Aug. 19. (Jeremy Birmingham/Land of 10)

“It is probably like Auburn, Alabama and Georgia,” Jackson said. “It is probably going to come down to those three because I don’t want to go too far off.”

Most of the industry points to Jackson as a Georgia lean. He’s worn the bands and done the video bombs. But he’s at Auburn this week on a big visit.

He’s been to Auburn more this summer than any other school. Jackson hasn’t been to UGA at all this summer. He’s not even sure if he will be at UGA this weekend for what folks on the DawgNation.com message board have been calling the “Kir-B-Q” cookout event.

In fact, the only other school he has visited more than Auburn would be Georgia. He visits The Plain on July 13, but it will not be an overnight trip.

“I may go to Georgia on the 14th,” Jackson said. “But I don’t know about Georgia. I know I am going to Auburn this week, though.”

How many times has Jackson been to Auburn?

“A lot,” Jackson said. “I’ve been to Auburn the most this summer. That’s the only school I have been to this summer.”

The visit count sounds like “about 10” overall to UGA.

Kearis Jackson was laser timed at a strong 4.57 seconds in the 40-yard dash in March at the Nike Opening regional. (Jeff Sentell / DawgNation)

The trip this week to Auburn will be his fifth this summer. He’ll meet up with 5-star QB Justin Fieldsthere. They will also throw in Jordan-Hare Stadium with Brookwood 4-star Matt Hill.

“We are all going to throw together,” Jackson said. “I know Matt really well. We were all planning on going to Auburn together for this visit.”

This will just be the second time that Fields and Jackson have taken a college visit together. Does Jackson have a good idea of what he wants to do yet?

“I don’t know,” he said. “It is going to be tough. It is going to depend on the next few visits I take.”

Auburn is closest to his home. That’s only about 105 minutes. Georgia is about 30 minutes farther away than that. The Bulldogs were the first to offer him and then were followed closely by Alabama.

What keeps Kearis Jackson coming back to Auburn? 

That answer is two-fold.

“I just like their receivers coach a lot,” Jackson said. “I like coach (Kodi) Burns a lot. We have a good relationship. I can see the things he is trying to do at Auburn plus that quarterback (Jarrett Stidham) they just got over there at Auburn is pretty good.”

The big reason is there in plain sight for all to see. That depth chart.

“That depth chart is not so loaded either or full,” Jackson said.

Kearis Jackson has taken four visits to Auburn this summer. That’s the only school he has been to this summer.

How does that compare to his opportunity to sign with UGA?

“Georgia seems like it has a list full of receivers and Auburn does not,” Jackson said.

Jackson said that his recruiting experience has been similar to what he expected it was going to be.

“It is going how I thought it was going to go,” Jackson said. “Some coaches are going to mess with you and really recruit you because they want you. Some are not. It is starting to really show right now.”

He noted that Auburn, Georgia, Michigan and Ohio State have recruited him the hardest.

“Alabama is starting to hop on board a lot now,” Jackson said. “But when I went out to Oregon, I just saw how things would be going out far like that. I thought about that and going up to Ohio State and Michigan. I don’t think I could play in that cold.”

And it wasn’t that cold up in Oregon that week.

“But in the mornings it was cold,” Jackson said. “Kinda.”

Jackson said he would not mind running track in college for one of those schools.

What does Justin Fields think about Kearis Jackson? 

Harrison High’s Justin Fields, the 5-star QB on everyone’s mind, makes it clear that he would like to play with Jackson.

“I feel like he is underrated,” Fields said, in reference to Jackson. “Seeing him work up in Oregon and how he did having never played with his quarterbacks and stuff showed me that. I saw him play and I felt like those quarterbacks didn’t really trust him. I trust him. If he was on my team then he would have had about eight touchdown catches.”

Justin Fields-UGA recruiting
5-star QB Justin Fields said he would like to play with Kearis Jackson at the next level. (Jeremy Birmingham/Land of 10)

Those two speak often. They were talking when the news broke that 247Sports had moved Fields up to the No. 1 overall ranking for the Class of 2018.

“I called to congratulate him,” Jackson said. “I had told him that was going to end up happening and then he told me there was a good chance that we were going to play together.”

Jackson feels that there is a 90 percent chance that they will play together in college.

“I think I will decide first,” Jackson said. “I don’t know but I think he might take his officials and stuff. I’m not real sure about that. I don’t know if anyone else is.”

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Good read from a UGA site although it's a bit choppy...

After reading that I'm surprised many have UGA leading for him.  Sounds all AU to me.  And saying that to a dawg site reporter...

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

After reading that I'm surprised many have UGA leading for him.  Sounds all AU to me.  And saying that to a dawg site reporter...

Sounds like it. I feel much more confident about our chances after reading that article. As KN always says, follow the visits. Him wearing UGA gear has me a bit concerned though.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Him wearing UGA gear has me a bit concerned though.

Kids wear gear to teams they don't commit to all the time. Gear is a lot cheaper than visits.

Good to see that about Kodi having an effect like that. 90 percent chance to team up huh? Not sure I would agree with these recruits saying our depth chart is not loaded but anyway hope the combination of Kodi and Chip get the job done tomorrow with both him and Fields.

Jackson made the mistake of coming with Fields to Auburn.  That made the 24/7 bammer recruiting gerus mad... The totally non biased staff of 24/7 ( lol--yep lot of sarcasm there)  dropped him like a ton of bricks...  He fell from 87th to 180th.... He must be coming to Auburn, not Georgia.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Jackson made the mistake of coming with Fields to Auburn.  That made the 24/7 bammer recruiting gerus mad... The totally non biased staff of 24/7 ( lol--yep lot of sarcasm there)  dropped him like a ton of bricks...  He fell from 87th to 180th.... He must be coming to Auburn, not Georgia.

Ross was a 91 spot drop too. From 47 to 138.

Send us all the top 200 kids you want, I don't believe there is that much separation for the kids that all compete in these elite camps. There's a handful yes, but Top 200 is More than adequate with the right coaching to compete for titles.

All of that pro-AU stuff to an uga reporter is a good sign. After saying that, saying that he was 90% sure he and JF will play together in college is a very good sign. (I know that usually doesn't work out, but it tells us a lot about what those two are thinking right now IMHO)

He also said he planned to commit first. So an AU commitment in the near future wouldn't surprise me at all.  

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

All of that pro-AU stuff to an uga reporter is a good sign. After saying that, saying that he was 90% sure he and JF will play together in college is a very good sign. (I know that usually doesn't work out, but it tells us a lot about what those two are thinking right now IMHO)

He also said he planned to commit first. So an AU commitment in the near future wouldn't surprise me at all.  

FWIW I still think Fields to AU & Kearis to UGA. Just haven't heard much buzz from AU sources on us getting Jackson.

How many receivers are we taking this year?  Did someone say 3?  I thought it was 4, but I can't find it.  

12 minutes ago, Beaker said:

How many receivers are we taking this year?  Did someone say 3?  I thought it was 4, but I can't find it.  

3 to 4 & it's in the OP of the Pinned 2018 Recruiting Thread...

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

3 to 4 & it's in the OP of the Pinned 2018 Recruiting Thread...

How does our staff rank Kearis Jackson, Matthew Hill, and Justyn Ross against each other?

With Shedrick Jackson already on board at WR that leaves us with 2-3 slots left.  If we had our choice of two of the three guys above, who would it be?  Of course none of this matters if Kearis picks uga...

1 hour ago, Auburn 6 said:

How does our staff rank Kearis Jackson, Matthew Hill, and Justyn Ross against each other?

The staff doesn't rank them against each other, not completely at least. The staff would prefer to get 2-3 big guys & 1 smaller quick guy if they can. We have 1 big guy in Shedrick. Kearis would be the smaller quick guy. Hill & Ross are big guys.

1 hour ago, Auburn 6 said:

With Shedrick Jackson already on board at WR that leaves us with 2-3 slots left.  If we had our choice of two of the three guys above, who would it be?

We'd take all 3.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The staff doesn't rank them against each other, not completely at least. The staff would prefer to get 2-3 big guys & 1 smaller quick guy if they can. We have 1 big guy in Shedrick. Kearis would be the smaller quick guy. Hill & Ross are big guys.

We'd take all 3.

Thanks.

How do Hill and Ross compare to each other?

14 minutes ago, Auburn 6 said:

Thanks.

How do Hill and Ross compare to each other?

I'm not a scout or coach so I don't know. Just know they are both bigger WRs the staff likes. Here are their scouting reports from Scout.com. Hill's is old. From his Soph year.

Ross
Hill

On 7/12/2017 at 11:42 AM, corchjay said:

Agree. 

On 7/12/2017 at 11:59 AM, WFE12 said:

Good to see that about Kodi having an effect like that. 90 percent chance to team up huh? Not sure I would agree with these recruits saying our depth chart is not loaded but anyway hope the combination of Kodi and Chip get the job done tomorrow with both him and Fields.

Agree. Have to give Kodi props for selling that. 

This is our year for QBs  and receivers...I just feel it.  

Reminds me of a Phil Collins song.

Archived