Fort Valley, GA (Peach County)

Ht 6-0 Wt 197

247 Profile

Offers include AU, Bama, Florida, FSU, UGA, Michigan, ND, tOSU, & Vols

Was tagged in an AU 247 VIP article title reading "4-star WR gives visit at 10"

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the defender who takes the proper angle and runs him down around the 1:26 mark.  Shows no-quit attitude.  Other than that, this kid is pretty quick.

I'll take him at Wide Receiver & Punt Returner, he doesn't waste time just catches the ball & goes straight up field as a punt returner, and as a receiver he breaks tackles, catches the ball, and he is quick.

4-star WR sees fit with Auburn offense

Earlier this week, we offered up this report on the visit last weekend to Auburn by 4-star receiver target Kearis Jackson Fort Valley (Ga.) Peach County. He told AuburnUndercover.com he'd give that visit a "10."

Today, we have a more complete interview with the 6-feet, 197-pound Jackson, who has 24 offers. He's the No. 9 athlete in the 247Sports Composite.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball reads 100 percent for Georgia, and Jackson admitted during his appearance on Vsporto's SEC Recruiting Buzz that "Georgia has a little edge."

But, he added, "that reason is because I have visited them more than other schools. I have not gone to a lot of other schools, so that is why I am just like 'wow, Georgia is a good school for me.' But I still want to take my visits and see what other schools are like too."

As for Auburn, the Tigers' message to Jackson during last weekend's visit was as follows:

"Auburn sees me as a speedy guy," Jackson said. "They see me as a guy that they can put in motion, toss the ball to and let him make a play. Throw a quick screen, let me make a play. With them getting a new quarterback, I can actually fit into that offense."

Jackson is in no hurry to pick a school. He said he'll be watching the top contenders closely in the fall.

"I just want to go to a school that where they are going pass the ball and just spread the offense around," Jackson said. "I will be watching how many receivers actually get a catch to touch the ball. Not just playing, how many catches - how often do receivers get a chance to catch the ball and how often does the team actually pass the ball. That is what I will be looking at. I want to go somewhere there is a good quarterback as well."

Peach County always has a very good football team too. Good program. 

• 2 months later...

Georgia WR to return for Big Cat Weekend

Auburn will be loaded with wide receiver talent for Big Cat Weekend.

Shedrick Jackson, Justyn Ross and Kolbi Fuqua are confirmed visitors. You can add another name to the list: 4-star Kearis Jackson. He’s the No. 24 wide receiver in the nation, according to the 247Sports composite, but in a strong year for receivers, that puts him outside the top 100 overall at No. 121.

Jackson is familiar with the Plains. Since Auburn offered in January, Jackson has visited the Tigers twice. He expects to return to a comfortable environment this weekend for Auburn’s premier recruiting event of the summer.

“I’ve visited more than once, so I think I will like it again. I’m just going to keep liking it,” Jackson told SEC Country.

Jackson most recently attended Auburn twice in a month span, including one of the Tigers’ spring junior days.

It gave him a first impression of the program, as well as some more personalized time with the coaching staff. His non-junior day trip was a midweek visit that allowed Jackson to be on campus when few other prospects were, which meant Gus Malzahn, Chip Lindsey, Kodi Burns and others could place their full attention on the 5-foot-11 wide receiver from Peach County (Ga.).

Like most prospects who visit Auburn, Jackson was blown away by the tight-knit culture he experienced on the Plains.

“That’s important really. They show a lot of love,” Jackson said. “Everybody down there, they’re like a family really. I like that a lot really.”

DSC_0037-1_wsdegr.jpg
Auburn WR target Kearis Jackson (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Auburn, of course, isn’t the only team chasing this highly-coveted receiver.

Georgia is considered the favorite with the in-state pull. Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan and 20 or so others have offered and will work to get Jackson on campus in the coming weeks and months. Jackson has started to narrow in on a select group of top schools, but that’s something he’s keeping to himself for now.

As for his decision factor, Jackson even admitted it’s something he thinks could help Auburn in the long run.

“I don’t want to go nowhere where I’ll be a redshirt, sitting on the depth chart, nothing like that,” Jackson said. “Georgia and Auburn. Those are the only two I’ve seen. I know Auburn, they aren’t really signing many receivers this year, so that’s good.”

There is one other key factor helping Auburn here.

That’s the recruitment of Trey Hill, the No. 2 offensive guard in the nation. As written about in this space last week, Jackson and Hill want to play college ball together. That figures to be positive news for Georgia, which seemingly sits in the driver’s seat for both, but it’s also a great sign for Auburn.

Jackson and Hill have the Tigers heavily in the mix and, if Hill makes the trip, they could end up at Big Cat Weekend together. Those two recruitments will be linked until the finish.

Jackson seems to be much more certain than Hill that the two prospects will end up at the same destination.

“We communicate a lot, and we plan on playing together,” Jackson said.

he looked very very quick and has jets.

I hope we put on a clinic in the first 2 games (especially Clemson) and gain a couple of high profile commitments.  I could see a 'run' of skill players wanting to commit if we nail Clemson.

• 1 month later...

I still think Kearis ends up at UGA but this is big news for this week...

3 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Would have to be us or UGA 

I don't think they end up as a package FWIW but those 2 schools are the main contenders for Kearis.

Just now, Altima said:

just keep kodi away from the both of them...

Chip is running the show on Fields. Not sure who the point man is on Kearis.

23 minutes ago, Altima said:

Hahahahahahahah. That is on point . Please lock kodi  in the equipment room for the duration of the visit 

1 hour ago, Altima said:

Maybe you should take the time to read some of the comments from players Kodi is recruiting. They wouldn't like it if he stooped dropping by.

Kodi is an Auburn man and learns from mistakes.   T Will is an Auburn man....I am certain Kodi will deliver this year as he learns from T Will.  He has heart, desire and wants to win.

Case in point:  go back 2 years.  I was livid at all the dropped passes in 2015.  If you are honest, you had to have been sick also in 2015 (dropped balls specifically).  2015 had to have been a record.  Last year, remove Stevens' drops, and you see a ton of improvement!  Kodi was part of that improvement.

We are fools to think Kodi can skip the learning curve.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Maybe you should take the time to read some of the comments from players Kodi is recruiting. They wouldn't like it if he stooped dropping by.

I'd say Kodi is doing a pretty good job so far. Just need to see him close on some of his guys. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'd say Kodi is doing a pretty good job so far. Just need to see him close on some of his guys. 

Hopefully he's learned from his Mobile missteps.

13 hours ago, Altima said:

I know this is an open forum but a statement such as this is really uncalled for. In my opinion anyway.

31 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I know this is an open forum but a statement such as this is really uncalled for. In my opinion anyway.

I understand but coaches are paid to do their job. So its open forum for coaches. The best way for Kodi to learn is to be out in the fire recruiting... he just needs to continue learning. Recruiting against some of the best recruiters in the country can eat you alive or make you

Every school has a couple coaches that are like Kodi and T-will.  T-will just has an advantage of working under a mentor in Steele.  Trust me He has made the transition for T-will much easier.

And also this is Auburn, so we're gonna complain. Lol!

If Gus had hired a TE coach with no college experience (which includes recruiting) for the last 15+ years, we would have all gone nuts!  But Saban can do that and nobody even thinks twice about it.  I know, I know. Saban has earned that kind of credibility. But still, I think you get my point. 

Archived