Sounds like Tannon may be out for the season

From AU 247

Myers: Tannon Snow 'will be back'

AUBURN, Ala. – The status of transfer sophomore Tannon Snow, who has been dealing with an undisclosed illness since early in preseason practice, will be revealed next week, Auburn coach Clint Myers said Wednesday.

But he said that, without any question, Snow, who transferred from Washington after last season, will play for Auburn next season. Her sister, Taylon, signed with Auburn in November and will be a freshman next season.

“Tannon will be back,” Myers said. “She and her sister will play here next year. Everybody is excited about that.”

Tannon Snow, Auburn’s best hitter in fall practice, has gone home to California for medical treatment but remains enrolled in school, Myers said.

Thanks for the update, Ellitor.  Like everyone else on this board, I wish the young lady a complete recovery.  Too bad she has to wait a year to resume her softball career.

I have no idea what is going on with snow but my kid had a bad round of mono last year and completely hosed up half her season.  Her spleen was badly swollen.  She wasn't herself athletically until about the last week of the season.  Doctor wouldn't release her for anything other than walking for nearly 8 weeks.  Her doctor was a college athlete who basically lost a full season when she was in college due to mono.  

I hate it for snow that she will lose this season but hopefully it is something relatively "minor" like this and not a serious health issue that will be a later concern.

26 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

This should count as a red shirt year, correct, unless she used it at Washington. 

I believe it will because she played at Washington last year as a true freshman.

Thread cleaned up of the rumors.  Let's just stick to what we actually know here.  We don't need all these rumors and speculation here when nobody has a clue what is going on.  It's also none of our business.

10 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Thread cleaned up of the rumors.  Let's just stick to what we actually know here.  We don't need all these rumors and speculation here when nobody has a clue what is going on.  It's also none of our business.

Thanks! I didn't know what to do. In hindsight I guess I should have locked it & PMed a Mod to clean it.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Did the school ever make an announcement referred by Coach Myers concerning Tannon?

Not yet to my knowledge.

What ever the issue , if it is health related then it personal..... the school is not allowed to comment any more than Coach Myers already has. Meanwhile, I don't think some of the speculation is proper or helpful. 

47 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What ever the issue , if it is health related then it personal..... the school is not allowed to comment any more than Coach Myers already has. Meanwhile, I don't think some of the speculation is proper or helpful. 

Coach Myers can comment as much info as Tannon & her family lets him.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Coach Myers can comment as much info as Tannon & her family lets him.

True, looks like that is what he has done..so that should be the end of this.....and this one locked

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True, looks like that is what he has done..so that should be the end of this.....and this one locked

Disagree. Coach Myers will say more eventually so no need to lock it. We can be mature enough to not speculate wildly.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Disagree. Coach Myers will say more eventually so no need to lock it. We can be mature enough to not speculate wildly.

I seriously doubt that.  There's nothing else that really needs to be said in regards to this situation. It's really nobody's business what is going on.

Well the thread's already been cleaned up once so hopefully the ridiculous speculation is done.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:02 PM, WarTiger said:

I seriously doubt that.  There's nothing else that really needs to be said in regards to this situation. It's really nobody's business what is going on.

Well the thread's already been cleaned up once so hopefully the ridiculous speculation is done.

I agree that it's nobody's business but you gotta think Coach Myers will say something eventually when he has the go ahead from the Snow's since he did say he will address it at a later date, likely before next year...Even if it's just to say we will not address what Tannon is going through after all. Just know she will be back with the team next season.

• 3 weeks later...

Tannon Snow still receiving medical care for undisclosed illness

Auburn softball infielder Tannon Snow is still receiving medical care for an undisclosed illness that has sidelined her thus far this season.

Snow, who transferred to Auburn from Washington, has been in her native California for the past month but is completing her coursework.

"She's still under the doctor's care there," Auburn coach Clint Myers said. "She's feeling better and she's still doing her online classes."

Earlier this month, Myers said the program would have a statement regarding Snow's status on March 6 or 7, but there has been no official comment since. A request for an update from Auburn administrators has gone unfulfilled.

Snow has not commented publicly about the matter, which appears will keep her out for the remainder of this season, which has 21 regular season games remaining.

"She will be back," Myers said. "Her sister, (Taylon)'s still coming. There's a lot of things that we're - (Tannon) ran an 8:36 mile the other day. She was all excited about that."

Tannon Snow had six home runs and 24 RBI with a .230 batting average and .365 on-base percentage in 43 starts for Washington last year.

Thanks for that update.  Lets continue to hope she can get this under control with medications and return to Auburn.  Look forward to having it Snowing in Auburn.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I still dont recall what her medical issue was? anyone know for sure?

It wasn't ever said so it will not be posted here unless the Snows speak on it or Clint does with the Snows consent.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

It wasn't ever said so it will not be posted here unless the Snows speak on it or Clint does with the Snows consent.

totally understand. I thought from some comments here, that it had been told by coach or family...

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

totally understand. I thought from some comments here, that it had been told by coach or family...

It has been posted on another website by a writer for that website, but it wasn't in any published article. Doubt it will ever officially get release.

Archived