2018 4* DE Andres Fox

ellitor

For kids we really want, and I assume Fox is one of those, no one should be recruiting them harder than us.  Hard to believe based on looking at our defensive recruiting list that Fox is not high on our list.  We certainly need a good year on the field, but a lot of the top recruits will be gone by then.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hooverwareagle said:

For kids we really want, and I assume Fox is one of those, no one should be recruiting them harder than us.  Hard to believe based on looking at our defensive recruiting list that Fox is not high on our list.  We certainly need a good year on the field, but a lot of the top recruits will be gone by then.  

I have a feeling with the new rules in place some recruits will be more patient this cycle. Not sure he's the #1 guy on the board right now at SDE or the Buck.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I have a feeling with the new rules in place some recruits will be more patient this cycle. Not sure he's the #1 guy on the board right now at SDE or the Buck.

Who do you think is #1?

3 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Who do you think is #1?

IDK. At SDE it seems to be Caleb Tannor or Fox. At the Buck it seems to be Jibunor, Quay Walker, or Fox.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

IDK. At SDE it seems to be Caleb Tannor or Fox. At the Buck it seems to be Jibunor, Quay Walker, or Fox.

Thanks

Mobile (Ala.) DE plans to visit Auburn

Count key Auburn target Andres Fox among those who will attend Auburn for Big Cat Weekend on June 3.

A 3-star defensive end out of Mobile Christian (Ala.), Fox has dealt with his Auburn-Alabama-LSU decision for a while. Fox told SEC Country on Thursday night that he plans to make the trip for Auburn’s big recruiting event, which will be — by my count — his third visit to the Plains since National Signing Day.

Earlier this spring, Fox said he’s “definitely” been to Auburn more than anywhere else, and that continues to be the case.

DSC_0809_bf9ao6.jpg
Auburn DE target Andres Fox has a date at Auburn. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

This visit, especially, is a crucial one. Fox is someone who would like to choose before the start of his senior season, and it wouldn’t surprise me if that timetable was pushed up even further. He has told SEC Country before that he’s had moments where he had an urge to commit to Auburn. He said his two closest recruiting relationships are with Rodney Garner and Travis Williams.

But there has always been a pivotal hang-up.

I’m just waiting for family stuff to get ready,” Fox said earlier in the spring. “I think they like Alabama.”

To make one thing abundantly clear: Fox’s parents aren’t going to push him one direction or another. He doesn’t hide the fact they’re Alabama fans, and even he grew up a supporter of the Crimson Tide. But Fox is a year young for his grade, and the family is being strategic, cautious and meticulous with its decision-making and evaluation process. Neither of his parents made every trip with him, so there are a few key visits remaining.

That’s why Fox won’t be the only person Auburn needs to pitch during Big Cat Weekend.

His mother will attend as well. When SEC Country spoke with Fox and Mobile Christian coach Ronnie Cottrell, the conversation came up about what Fox’s mother prioritizes from the student-athlete college experience.

“I’ve sat in on meetings with his family. They’re not going to force him to go anywhere. They aren’t trying to pressure him to Alabama or anywhere. I admire the way they’re doing it. They’re very organized in how they’re doing it,” Cottrell said. “Now his mom, she’s about education, period.”

Personal opinion, it would be a mistake not to focus on Fox. He looks like a stud, and he can work at either DE spot. 

11 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

The socks tell me Wyoming is in the lead?

Na. He gained 10 lbs or the socks weigh 10 lbs.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

The socks tell me Wyoming is in the lead?

Or, he's about to post a pic of him in plus fours standing on the first tee looking like my man Payne Stewart?

It is our old nemesis from the Ryan Johnson recruitment Stanford showing up to the party! lol

Just now, au_bsci_04 said:

Losing him to LSU curently, IMO

O doing what he has always done and what he does best: RECRUIT.

15 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Disagree. Don't see it happening. He just spent four days at Auburn this week - that is telling IMO.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Disagree. Don't see it happening.

LSU MOD just put in a CB pick to LSU that is probaly why the person above thinks that. He just got done with a 4??? day trip to AU today. IDK why now the lsu mods would be confident.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LSU MOD just put in a CB pick to LSU that is probaly why the person above thinks that. He just got done with a 4??? day trip to AU today. IDK why now the lsu mods would be confident.

I am not sure the LSU mods are confident as much as it is simply a gut feeling by them that Coach O closes the deal. The CB likely stems from Fox's recent trip to LSU where he spent a few days.

On 6/16/2017 at 11:06 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Nope. We'll see.

35 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Nope. We'll see.

YUUUP???? what are we doing here?! lol

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

YUUUP???? what are we doing here?! lol

You made an assumption (see bold font), I clarified. Nothing else to it.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:49 AM, au_bsci_04 said:

Don't think so. Scott just probably took his spot with the great camp he had at LSU over the weekend. LSU took Scott as a D End

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't think so. Scott just probably took his spot with the great camp he had at LSU over the weekend. LSU took Scott as a D End

Well that's an easy statement to make after the fact. That was not the case when the OP was made. We'll see.

Archived