2018 4* DE Andres Fox

ellitor

8 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Well that's an easy statement to make after the fact. That was not the case when the OP was made. We'll see.

I know. Didn't see it til this morning. Just getting things up to date. Your post did look correct when it was posted.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Altima said:

anywhere but AU...

apparently this was good for AU as he might of been leaning towards lsu at the time.

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

apparently this was good for AU as he might of been leaning towards lsu at the time.

I think he likes AU but fam doesn't. Altima has connections & may be implying that.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I think he likes AU but fam doesn't. Altima has connections & may be implying that.

he does? lol he hardly posts so I had no clue if he was a insider or not but you are right. His family is all bama. Before I went to the high school down there I graduated at I went to Mo Chri for a couple of years and have friends who now teach there and that is the consensus on him. AU HAS to get momma and crew on their side. Seems like there is always at least 1 and usually more recruitments like this a year where kid loves AU but momma wants somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dabrasco said:

Any word? Was one of the last to leave.

recruiting him has worked. his family and inner circle? lot of work to do.

8 hours ago, dabrasco said:

Any word? Was one of the last to leave.

Also one of the last to get there. He stayed at Bama the night before & didn't get to AU til the afternoon. Reading the tealeaves I think he or his fam is fishing hard for a committable offer from Bama.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also one of the last to get there. He stayed at Bama the night before & didn't get to AU til the afternoon. Reading the tealeaves I think he or his fam is fishing hard for a committable offer from Bama.

more so his fam but yes I def agree. If he does not get one I can still see his family then pushing him to lsu.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Haven't talked about this kid in a while. Apparently he's given a "silent commitment" to someone.....:dunno:

Maybe all of the recruits at the game last Saturday gave us a silent, because there sure hasn't been any news on this site about how the visits went.

Just now, AUMASTERS said:

Maybe all of the recruits at the game last Saturday gave us a silent, because there sure hasn't been any news on this site about how the visits went.

I've been curious about that myself.

All the above about family and of course his high school coach is Ronnie Cottrell. This could be one of those that UAT will not take but will do all they can to push him out of state.

I thought the silent commitments had gone out of style....

Surely our stock should be rising, especially with the D recruits.   As for O recruits, not sure the story there, but it should be positive also.   

Weird to be so quiet.....Miller and Hill.  That's a pair I hope we can get.  

Well, let's see. He says "it's silent", "I have an idea", "I'm pretty set", "It's not over". So yeah, done deal!

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/fox-has-made-silent-commitment-

Andres Fox feels fairly confident he knows where he’ll attend college, so much so that he’s already informed the coaches at the school.

“I kind of have an idea of where I want to go,” Fox said. “I’m pretty set.”

Fox, a defensive end from Mobile Christian, informed the school “about a month ago” and considers his decision a commitment, although not a public one.

“It’s a silent commitment,” Fox said.

Fox visited Auburn on Saturday, his first trip to the Plains this season. He previously visited Alabama, Stanford and Arizona. Fox was one of several top recruits in Auburn for the Tigers’ 44-23 win over Ole Miss.

“I thought they did pretty good, the defense,” Fox said. “And the offense looked pretty good, like they can win the SEC championship.”

Fox spoke with Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner and area recruiter Travis Williams during the visit. He communicates bi-weekly with the two coaches.

Fox didn’t hint at which school he committed, only that he plans to wait until Signing Day before announcing his decision to the public.

Fox will continue taking visits to schools this fall and winter, including return trips to Auburn for both the Georgia and Alabama games. Fox said his recruitment is not over.

6 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Well, let's see. He says "it's silent", "I have an idea", "I'm pretty set", "It's not over". So yeah, done deal!

Does sound much like a commitment if he is still touring other schools 

On 10/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, au_bsci_04 said:

I don't know unless he wants it quiet my guess would be bama and they are waiting and see if they'll take him as a grey shirt or else why keep it silent with most of those schools having successful seasons. Could be a good sign with him visiting though

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

I don't know unless he wants it quiet my guess would be bama and they are waiting and see if they'll take him as a grey shirt or else why keep it silent with those schools having successful seasons. 

this makes a lot of sense.

• 2 months later...

Archived