Projecting depth chart

aubiefifty

Not sure who's list this is, but the fact that they have Cowart at DE pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the level of research they did preparing it.

The concerning thing is that it doesn't seem like many players on this team meet the magical "20 starts" that Stat has shown that we need. Heck, most of our best returning players (Bubba) don't reach that threshold. And I'm not seeing a year in the distant future where we're going to have a team full of 20+ start players. I'd love to see Stat's input, since that one post he did that summer was a subtle way of telling us that 2015 would suck. Regardless, we can't rely on those rare scenarios of an entire team of multi-year veterans like in 2010.

So I heard scuttlebutt in the other thread about how KD is expected to be back by the end of SB, can anyone ITK say how valid that statement is? We need a deep threat receiver.

29 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

If this team is serious about winning next year, we should utilize Cannella in the majority of the plays we run.

I agree with this. That guy needs to be on the field the majority of plays if he can play at the same level he did in JUCO. 

29 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

If this team is serious about winning next year, we should utilize Cannella in the majority of the plays we run.

This. He should be ready to step in and perform. Not expecting him to be behind  jalen unless he absolutely cannot understand the playbook .

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

So Cowart is staying at DE?  Thought I read somewhere he was moved to DT?

He's not... the writer hasn't done his research.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Looking at ASU film from last year, CLL runs plenty of sets that have a TE with his hand in the dirt. I agree with those who think that Jalen might be that guy and Sal might split out into the slot in other sets. We're still going to run the ball a LOT- or at least I hope we will- and the TE might be as integral to that as he is to the passing game. 

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Not sure who's list this is, but the fact that they have Cowart at DE pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the level of research they did preparing it.

Funny. A couple of years ago I forecast Cowart would initially play at Strong-Side DE and eventually move to the 3-Tech DT position and I was nearly run off this board by those who insisted he was recruited for the Buck and would stay there his whole career.

10 hours ago, meh130 said:

Funny. A couple of years ago I forecast Cowart would initially play at Strong-Side DE and eventually move to the 3-Tech DT position and I was nearly run off this board by those who insisted he was recruited for the Buck and would stay there his whole career.

What do you want? A cookie ??

19 hours ago, meh130 said:

:nopityA:

Good new for us is that if we do well this year we have a good group coming back the next year.

21 hours ago, meh130 said:

Meh...

Just don't make any comments about Zach Cunningham's awesome block and you'll be okay.

Archived