SEC WBB Tourney - AU vs UGA

GBAU83

Game started at 11am today.  Just getting caught up  and with under 1 minute in the 3rd quarter, it is tied 38-38.

End of 3rd qtr, tied 38-38.  10 minutes to play

Winner gets #1 seed South Carolina.

7 minutes remaining, AU down 42-47

4 minutes remaind, AU down 46-49

!;42 remaining AU trails 49-51.

52-49 UGA 44.0  AU missed a few open looks and they called Jaz for a foul on the loose ball. 2 FTs for UGA... first no good.... second no good... rebound AU. Timeout AU.

43 seconds, AU down 49-52.  Shooting something like 5 for 25 in the second half.  If uga hit free throws, it wouldn't even be close.  I think they have made 1 of 6 in the close 2 minutes.

Ferking forces a 3 and missed. AU lets UGA run the clock down to 21.9 and fouls. Jessica Jones fouls out. UGA to the line for 2.

AU just can not make a shot from the field.  Down to 21 seconds AU trails 49-53

UGA misses the first, makes the second. 54-52 UGA. Montgomery drives, gets knocked to the floor, no foul. UGA rebounds, and AU fouls. 3.6. 

McKay hits a three, AU fouls, 1 free throw and AU down by 2 drives, misses the shot and uga amkes 2 free throws.

AU loses 52-56.

Another day another loss to georgia in another sport. YAY. what a horrendous year collectively against them. I HATE THEIR MUTT GUTS.

Well, both MBB and WBB to suffer the same problems - lead early and can't finish and poor rebounding.

WBB won several games early even though they trailed by double digits.  But when they lead early cant keep it.

WBB on the bubble for NCAA but with this lost probably does not get in. 

2 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Well, both MBB and WBB to suffer the same problems - lead early and can't finish and poor rebounding.

WBB won several games early even though they trailed by double digits.  But when they lead early cant keep it.

WBB on the bubble for NCAA but with this lost probably does not get in. 

HORRIFIC offense killed womens bball this year. they had a great start to sec play then the bottom came out. All that pressing kills their legs on offense. They have no lift on shots in the 2nd half usually from the games I have seen.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

HORRIFIC offense killed womens bball this year. for the past five years. (fixed that for you)they had a great start to sec play then the bottom came out. All that pressing kills their legs on offense. They have no lift on shots in the 2nd half usually from the games I have seen.

Sad to see that this team will miss the tourney, especially since Ferking playing pretty well. I like the way they play defense but we have no offense. I personally think it's time for Flo to go but I believe Jacobs just signed her to an extension lol. 

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

word mr mike.

Archived