Softball vs. Liberty (fri) - Game Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Wallace sends one HIGH and DEEP to left and its WAY GONE.  There's a row of vehicles parked behind the outfield wall and the ball landed behind the vehicles.  Holy crap what a BOMB that was.   8-1 Tigers.   Here comes Kasey Cooper.

Missed it, was it a bigger bomb than Cooper's??  

1 minute ago, tgr4lfe said:

Missed it, was it a bigger bomb than Cooper's??  

It was just as big, hows that?  :lol:   She absolutely CRUSHED IT.

Ashlee Swindle in the circle to close it out.  Liberty has to score at least a run to keep the game going. 

Lined to left field and Podany comes in and makes a great diving catch in left.  1 out.

once they had seen this pitcher a couple times she was no longer a mystery....some real bombs...

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

It was just as big, hows that?  :lol:   She absolutely CRUSHED IT.

Lol. That works!  Good to see them hitting it like that. 

I begin to see how Liberty could have given Florida such a close game.  Liberty used two pitchers against them; Casady had us popping the ball up for 3-4 innings until we finally adjusted.  She had better stuff tonight than last night.  Glad to see the real Kasey Cooper is back.  What a bomb she hit tonight.

I watched the game on the watchESPN phone app and have to say, Emily Carosone does a great job commentating. Much better than the lady that called the game Thursday (and other games I've watched). She could have a career calling games for sure. 

Anna Gibbs has done the previous few games.  I have to say I found Emily's voice much easier to pick up.  I kept wanting to call somebody and tell them to turn Anna's mike up.  I have some hearing loss, which is part of that.

9 hours ago, MDM4AU said:

I watched the game on the watchESPN phone app and have to say, Emily Carosone does a great job commentating. Much better than the lady that called the game Thursday (and other games I've watched). She could have a career calling games for sure. 

I thought Emily Carosone did a terrific job last night and I let her know that via twitter.   I do hope we get to hear more from her as the season goes on, but she's playing pro ball and I'm not sure when that gets started.

Ana Gibbs is learning and right now, just doesn't have the delivery to contribute very much.   Carosone seemed like a natural last night. 

Archived